miyakochan89
post Jul 15 2020, 10:29 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Jul 15 2020, 10:21 AM)
try this on caveat emptor basic?
LHDN Tax filing....Mar 1 2018 thread
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4534056
This is a 2018 thread. While the user claimed that mobile Data plan is applicable. There is also a plenty of information around the internet that agrees or says otherwise. That's why I am seeking clarifications here, if anyone has done it before or even asked before and can confirm that it's okay to do so or not.

For an example this: https://howtofinancemoney.com/malaysian-income-tax-relief and search "maxis", for the comments and reply section.
Super confusing. Im looking to download the handbook or something released by the government, but can't find! :3
MUM
post Jul 15 2020, 10:37 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jul 15 2020, 10:29 AM)
This is a 2018 thread. While the user claimed that mobile Data plan is applicable. There is also a plenty of information around the internet that agrees or says otherwise. That's why I am seeking clarifications here, if anyone has done it before or even asked before and can confirm that it's okay to do so or not.

For an example this: https://howtofinancemoney.com/malaysian-income-tax-relief and search "maxis", for the comments and reply section.
Super confusing. Im looking to download the handbook or something released by the government, but can't find! :3
hmm.gif on that basis....those that replied to your posts, may also be using his "previous" or past happening incidents which may had become absolute or laws changed/tweaked by now.

my suggestion, is you try to check with LHDN directly, for it will be your money that is/gonna be penalised.
but as per current lifestyle tax relief ....internet subscription is allowed....it did not mention specifically about mobile plan (which may includes talktime)

This post has been edited by MUM: Jul 15 2020, 10:40 AM
miyakochan89
post Jul 15 2020, 10:51 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Jul 15 2020, 10:37 AM)
hmm.gif on that basis....those that replied to your posts, may also be using his "previous" or past happening incidents which may had become absolute or laws changed/tweaked by now.

my suggestion, is you try to check with LHDN directly, for it will be your money that is/gonna be penalised.
but as per current lifestyle tax relief ....internet subscription is allowed....it did not mention specifically about mobile plan (which may includes talktime)
Yeah so confusing. Going to try to contact them I guess. My fault, if I knew that this would happen I should have bought it outright.
funniman
post Jul 21 2020, 06:02 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(dlttdltt @ Jul 13 2020, 03:41 PM)
Hi can you pls share with us how the meeting went with the lhdn?

What is their response when you tell them the money is from your parents? Did they investigate your parents also then if you mentioned it's from parents?

Did you also recently buy anything big i.e a car in cash that triggered this audit?  Or they are just targeting only for the house you bought 10 yrs ago.

Hope everything goes well for your case.
It looked to me that a file had been opened under Cukai Harta, sometimes for not reporting rental income.
Normally they will get information from Stamping Office on S & P or Tenancy agreements. They also will target property owners of a certain locality.

I would advise the following:

Go see the officer at LDHN and seek their advice of what they need.
Make copies of S & P, Bank loan agreement and the monthly bank statements indicating bank interests, Taksiran and Cukai harta, insurance bills.
Don't worry about a few lost copies, guesstimates will do. That include renovations done. You have to state what rental income or any other income you did not declare.

Be mentally prepared penalties will be imposed. Good luck.

MillkTea93
post Jul 22 2020, 10:10 AM

Casual
397 posts

I just receive call from hasil. He told me that I need paid the tax.. but i forget the actual amount that i need to paid. How can I check back to my tax amount? and where can i make the payment?
GrumpyNooby
post Jul 22 2020, 10:12 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,387 posts

QUOTE(MillkTea93 @ Jul 22 2020, 10:10 AM)
I just receive call from hasil. He told me that I need paid the tax.. but i forget the actual amount that i need to paid. How can I check back to my tax amount? and where can i make the payment?
Logging into e-Borang?
funniman
post Jul 22 2020, 01:09 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(MillkTea93 @ Jul 22 2020, 10:10 AM)
1. If you already have e-filing, then check e-lejar. It will show all amounts.
2. Income tax normally do not call by phone asking you to pay tax. They would send you letter how much you owe.
3. Best is go to any LHDN office and ask for latest statement.
4. Income tax can be paid by FPX ebanking.

This post has been edited by funniman: Jul 22 2020, 01:11 PM
SUSCovid16 P
post Jul 22 2020, 04:08 PM

Probation
5 posts

Hi
I am now going pay my cp500 tax installment year 2020 in july. But we know march and may instalment need not to pay.

So for this time shld i put no. Bil ansuran as 1 or 3?

Thanks
adele123
post Jul 28 2020, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

i know the guidelines are sketchy but, will domestic air ticket qualify for the tourism tax relief WITHOUT corresponding expenses on hotel?

can i semi cheat, fly back home town and claim tax relief? or train/bus ticket.

Appreciate view.
MUM
post Jul 28 2020, 03:46 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(adele123 @ Jul 28 2020, 02:28 PM)
i know the guidelines are sketchy but, will domestic air ticket qualify for the tourism tax relief WITHOUT corresponding expenses on hotel?

can i semi cheat, fly back home town and claim tax relief? or train/bus ticket.

Appreciate view.
is it this?
3. Special income tax relief for domestic travelling expenses

In the earlier economic stimulus package, a special income tax relief of up to RM1,000 is given to resident individuals for domestic travelling expenses incurred between 1 March 2020 to 31 August 2020.
The expenses eligible for the tax relief are as follows:
 accommodation fees on tourist accommodation premises registered with the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia; and
 entrance fees to tourist attractions

To support the tourism sector, it is proposed that the special income tax relief be extended to 31 December 2021.

https://www.grantthornton.com.my/globalasse...lan-penjana.pdf

another site, ....... page 6 of this
https://www.pwc.com/my/en/assets/publicatio...020-penjana.pdf

This post has been edited by MUM: Jul 28 2020, 03:50 PM
adele123
post Jul 28 2020, 05:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Jul 28 2020, 03:46 PM)
is it this?
3. Special income tax relief for domestic travelling expenses

In the earlier economic stimulus package, a special income tax relief of up to RM1,000 is given to resident individuals for domestic travelling expenses incurred between 1 March 2020 to 31 August 2020.
The expenses eligible for the tax relief are as follows:
 accommodation fees on tourist accommodation premises registered with the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia; and
 entrance fees to tourist attractions

To support the tourism sector, it is proposed that the special income tax relief be extended to 31 December 2021.

https://www.grantthornton.com.my/globalasse...lan-penjana.pdf

another site, ....... page 6 of this
https://www.pwc.com/my/en/assets/publicatio...020-penjana.pdf
thanks. didnt look hard enough. if that's the case going to zoo negara count but flying to penang does not count.

Cookie101
post Aug 12 2020, 03:05 PM

Regular
1,518 posts

Does anyone receive letter from lhdn that there’s tax due and not paid beyond 5 years?

Any idea how to go about it? The officer doesn’t know how to handle such case and ask to refer to chartered accountant for assistance and for submission.

The recipient is not working since 2005 and bought a property in 2010. Value 120k but now lhdn sent a letter claiming there’s unreported taxation since 2012 and even charged penalty.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Also the officer mention there is an upcoming court letter going to be issued. Like seriously? Out of the blue.

This post has been edited by Cookie101: Aug 12 2020, 03:06 PM
MUM
post Aug 12 2020, 03:10 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(Cookie101 @ Aug 12 2020, 03:05 PM)
Does anyone receive letter from lhdn that there’s tax due and not paid beyond 5 years?

Any idea how to go about it? The officer doesn’t know how to handle such case and ask to refer to chartered accountant for assistance and for submission.

The recipient is not working since 2005 and bought a property in 2010. Value 120k but now lhdn sent a letter claiming there’s unreported taxation since 2012 and even charged penalty.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Also the officer mention there is an upcoming court letter going to be issued. Like seriously? Out of the blue.
do you mean that person had been reporting tax submission yearly until 2005 and then he stopped reporting annually from 2005 as he is no more working since that year?

Cookie101
post Aug 12 2020, 03:15 PM

Regular
1,518 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Aug 12 2020, 03:10 PM)
do you mean that person had been reporting tax submission yearly until 2005 and then he stopped reporting annually from 2005 as he is no more working since that year?
Yeah. Stopped working since 2005.

The company went bust. And since then retired already.

MUM
post Aug 12 2020, 03:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(Cookie101 @ Aug 12 2020, 03:15 PM)
Yeah. Stopped working since 2005.

The company went bust. And since then retired already.
penalty for not doing annual tax submission
http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php?bt_...equ=11&bt_lgv=2

how to seek Application for Exemption from Filing ITRF
and its conditions for application
http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php?bt_...equ=14&bt_lgv=2

since he did not apply,..... sweat.gif sweat.gif

but luckily, in the penalty page.....there is this (without reasonable excuse)

This post has been edited by MUM: Aug 12 2020, 03:19 PM
Cookie101
post Aug 12 2020, 03:30 PM

Regular
1,518 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Aug 12 2020, 03:18 PM)
penalty for not doing annual tax submission
http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php?bt_...equ=11&bt_lgv=2

how to seek Application for Exemption from Filing ITRF
and its conditions for application
http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php?bt_...equ=14&bt_lgv=2

since he did not apply,..... sweat.gif  sweat.gif

but luckily, in the penalty page.....there is this (without reasonable excuse)
Okay. So even not working need to do e filing by submitting zero.

But that’s way beyond 15 years. They are asking about prove of income for the purchase. Which is from savings from working all this while before company closed down. Even the purchase is beyond ten years. How to prove?

MUM
post Aug 12 2020, 03:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(Cookie101 @ Aug 12 2020, 03:30 PM)
Okay. So even not working need to do e filing by submitting zero.

But that’s way beyond 15 years. They are asking about prove of income for the purchase. Which is from savings from working all this while before company closed down. Even the purchase is beyond ten years. How to prove?
did they said the penalty is for the buying of that house?
they need to investigate first before concluding that you will be taxed for any reason due to buying of that house in 2010

they penalise you for not declaring.....for there is no record of you declaring annual tax submission for so long.
you mentioned "now lhdn sent a letter claiming there’s unreported taxation since 2012 and even charged penalty."

just my thinking only yah

This post has been edited by MUM: Aug 12 2020, 03:45 PM
Cookie101
post Aug 12 2020, 03:55 PM

Regular
1,518 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Aug 12 2020, 03:34 PM)
did they said the penalty is for the buying of that house?
they need to investigate first before concluding that you will be taxed for any reason due to buying of that house in 2010

they penalise you for not declaring.....for there is no record of you declaring annual tax submission for so long.
you mentioned "now lhdn sent a letter claiming there’s unreported taxation since 2012 and even charged penalty."

just my thinking only yah
No idea. The closest link is that purchase. Otherwise not sure what else is linked.

And that’s the best part. The officer don’t know what they are taxing about. They just say for not declaring income tax for so long. And the total penalty is like twice the property.😓

And none of them can answer based on what that amount came out. They just say: It’s system. Like so blur and pluck from sky. Asked like 5 officers and they just pushing around. Then that’s when one of them suggest find accountant do. But to do what?

It didn’t even mention audit for what.
MUM
post Aug 12 2020, 04:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(Cookie101 @ Aug 12 2020, 03:55 PM)
No idea. The closest link is that purchase. Otherwise not sure what else is linked.

And that’s the best part. The officer don’t know what they are taxing about. They just say for not declaring income tax for so long. And the total penalty is like twice the property.😓

And none of them can answer based on what that amount came out. They just say: It’s system. Like so blur and pluck from sky. Asked like 5 officers and they just pushing around. Then that’s when one of them suggest find accountant do. But to do what?

maybe somewhere in here can helps?
RIGHT OF APPEAL AND TIME FOR APPEAL
http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php?bt_...nit=1&bt_sequ=2

DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS (DRP)
http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php?bt_...nit=1&bt_sequ=7

bangwall.gif " Asked like 5 officers and they just pushing around." doh.gif
jiaen0509
post Aug 12 2020, 04:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,934 posts

QUOTE(Cookie101 @ Aug 12 2020, 03:55 PM)

You have 0 income, but can buy property. Maybe this triggered them to audit you.

What they think, 0 income makan also have issue liao. How you can buy property. If by cash, where the money come? If loan installments, how you afford to pay the monthly loan installments every months? Where the money come from?

They need explanation only when audit.

This post has been edited by jiaen0509: Aug 12 2020, 05:01 PM

499 Pages « < 325 326 327 328 329 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.66    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:06 PM