Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

296 Pages « < 242 243 244 245 246 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Water Filter/Purifier Thread V2, Drinking Water Treatment System

views

TSNightFelix
post Nov 2 2021, 12:45 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(GX9900g @ Oct 31 2021, 12:17 AM)
Hello. Would like to know between Nesh, espring & 3M. Which would you all recommend and any feedback on those brand? Having dilemma in picking among these brands
Depends budget. Either eSpring or 3M.
Also, there are used/2nd hand eSpring sold on Internet.
jianwei87
post Nov 8 2021, 06:08 PM

Casual
469 posts

Skmagic call their water purifier is mineral water, is their mineral water we bought at convenience store? Like spritzer?
hestati
post Nov 8 2021, 06:21 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(jianwei87 @ Nov 8 2021, 06:08 PM)
Skmagic call their water purifier is mineral water, is their mineral water we bought at convenience store? Like spritzer?
They mean their filter doesn't change mineral content of tap water. Depending on the area, it could be from very little to some. Not nearly as much as in spritzer usually. Don't worry much about it though, water is not a significant source of minerals anyway
jianwei87
post Nov 8 2021, 06:47 PM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Nov 8 2021, 06:21 PM)
They mean their filter doesn't change mineral content of tap water. Depending on the area, it could be from very little to some. Not nearly as much as in spritzer usually. Don't worry much about it though, water is not a significant source of minerals anyway
I'm confusing to choosing water purifier, which i see there is RO water, mild-alkaline water, and minerals.
hestati
post Nov 8 2021, 08:22 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(jianwei87 @ Nov 8 2021, 06:47 PM)
I'm confusing to choosing water purifier, which i see there is RO water, mild-alkaline water, and minerals.
Forget alkaline, it is just a gimmick.

There is RO and so called "mineral". To make matters easy, RO is approximately 0 TDS (total dissolved solids). "Mineral" is whatever your tap water is, but in Malaysia most tap water is 10-20-40 TSD, highest I have seen was 70, but most is between 20-40. In comparison, in Europe it is like 200-300 on average. In other words, the whole concept of "mineral" has little meaning, but they aren't lying either, you do get some insignificant # of minerals and it doesn't affect your life.

However, there is a question of taste. RO and "mineral" usually taste different. It is acquired taste though, so after a month or so of switching from 1 to another you get used to it.

To make it even simpler, SK Magic dispenser is good, if you need a hot/cold dispenser, take it. Don't think about RO-mineral, it makes practically 0 difference except for taste, which you will adjust to anyway (and to SK you don't even need to adjust, unless you were drinking RO previously)
premier239
post Nov 9 2021, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

just wanna check with u guys, this 3m dws2500 red light is auto timer, or it actually check cartridge dirtiness, coz mine very low usage, but the light already red at around 1year
hestati
post Nov 9 2021, 06:01 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(premier239 @ Nov 9 2021, 10:02 AM)
just wanna check with u guys, this 3m dws2500 red light is auto timer, or it actually check cartridge dirtiness, coz mine very low usage, but the light already red at around 1year
In 99% of cases it is timer. Change it, carbon based filters must be changed yearly, especially in Malaysia relatively warm tap water.
honeyfish
post Nov 11 2021, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ May 26 2021, 10:03 PM)
Have been using my newly installed LG water purifier, so far so good.

One thing to point out that is the purifier need an incoming water supply pressure at 1.5 bar or above, didn't know about this before placed order. After some inspections, the installer informed that my water pressure is below 1.5 bar and would need to install a small unit pump beside the water purifier. Since my unit is outright purchase so the pump is installed FOC or else it will be extra rm8/month under rental. Kindly take note for those plan to install soon smile.gif
Hi, how's the service provided by LG when the water purifier is due for service?
apalexar
post Nov 11 2021, 11:40 AM

apalexar
1,300 posts

QUOTE(honeyfish @ Nov 11 2021, 11:22 AM)
Hi, how's the service provided by LG when the water purifier is due for service?
First service has been delayed for one month, might because of MCO and all service appointments queueing all together after MCO finish. Finally got mine arranged after made call to LG, the technician came around 6pm so can see they're quite busy and full with schedules, now I think should be back to normal already.

Overall quite satisfied with the service done by the LG technician.
luvjim
post Nov 11 2021, 03:30 PM

last resort
1,031 posts

If anyone looking for eSpring can pm me icon_rolleyes.gif
honeyfish
post Nov 17 2021, 09:54 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(apalexar @ Nov 11 2021, 11:40 AM)
First service has been delayed for one month, might because of MCO and all service appointments queueing all together after MCO finish. Finally got mine arranged after made call to LG, the technician came around 6pm so can see they're quite busy and full with schedules, now I think should be back to normal already.

Overall quite satisfied with the service done by the LG technician.
Thanks for your sharing rclxms.gif
cgamer
post Nov 18 2021, 06:40 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Anyone install megabio smallest water purifier with hot water functions? How hot for the temperature? Can share a little bit about this? Thanks
Koonie
post Nov 19 2021, 10:13 PM

3 posts

Guys im looking at indoor water filter. Currently lookin at LG Puricare. May i know whats the maintenance cost? Like if i buy outright at 5k vs Rental at ~120 per month. Im abit confused on the maintenance for the purchase outright part. Pls enlighten me.

Im also looking at 3m dispenser unit, but i would prefer a tankless one and currently i think LG one is looking pretty good. Or do u guys have better recommendation?
hestati
post Nov 20 2021, 04:39 AM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(Koonie @ Nov 19 2021, 10:13 PM)
Guys im looking at indoor water filter. Currently lookin at LG Puricare. May i know whats the maintenance cost? Like if i buy outright at 5k vs Rental at ~120 per month. Im abit confused on the maintenance for the purchase outright part. Pls enlighten me.

Im also looking at 3m dispenser unit, but i would prefer a tankless one and currently i think LG one is looking pretty good. Or do u guys have better recommendation?
Go for tankless, either Puricare or something from SK Magic if you need the dispenser. 3M is way too expensive for what it is to be honest, that particular model I mean
Koonie
post Nov 20 2021, 04:06 PM

3 posts

Just went to a 3m authorized seller near my place to look for 3m POE unit. The owner told me that 3m outdoor unit membrane is not as good as other UF membrane which can filter smaller particulates.

Hence if the water quality is very bad like especially after water cut, the water may still be yellow. Owner said alot of her client encountered this issue and recommend me to install their inhouse stainless steel tank with UF membrane.

Anyone using 3m outdoor unit and encounter this issue?
hestati
post Nov 20 2021, 06:29 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(Koonie @ Nov 20 2021, 04:06 PM)
Just went to a 3m authorized seller near my place to look for 3m POE unit. The owner told me that 3m outdoor unit membrane is not as good as other UF membrane which can filter smaller particulates.

Hence if the water quality is very bad like especially after water cut, the water may still be yellow. Owner said alot of her client encountered this issue and recommend me to install their inhouse stainless steel tank with UF membrane.

Anyone using 3m outdoor unit and encounter this issue?
Sorry, he has no idea what he is talking about. Water is yellow after it is cut with pretty much all PoE filters. This is due to dissolved iron and neither 3M, bor UF, nor other PoE available in Malaysia can filter it out, you need ion exchange PoE for that. Also, depending on if you live in a landed, this oxidation may happen in the tank, once there is a lot of air in the tank. So has nothing to do with a filter, since it is placed before the tank. The sellers of PoE just must mention that fact and explain to potential customers. The reason why membrane could potentially seem to be cleaner after shutdown is because you need to backwash memberane like weekly, so there is less iron deposits there overall, compared to cartridge, where a lot is accumulated over a year. It has nothing to do with the size of the particles. But again, most happens in your tank in landed, so it is really insignificant.
jianwei87
post Nov 20 2021, 11:07 PM

Casual
469 posts

any recommendation for outdoor water filter? I prefer stainless steel
Koonie
post Nov 21 2021, 12:01 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Nov 20 2021, 06:29 PM)
Sorry, he has no idea what he is talking about. Water is yellow after it is cut with pretty much all PoE filters. This is due to dissolved iron and neither 3M, bor UF, nor other PoE available in Malaysia can filter it out, you need ion exchange PoE for that. Also, depending on if you live in a landed, this oxidation may happen in the tank, once there is a lot of air in the tank. So has nothing to do with a filter, since it is placed before the tank. The sellers of PoE just must mention that fact and explain to potential customers. The reason why membrane could potentially seem to be cleaner after shutdown is because you need to backwash memberane like weekly, so there is less iron deposits there overall, compared to cartridge, where a lot is accumulated over a year. It has nothing to do with the size of the particles. But again, most happens in your tank in landed, so it is really insignificant.
Thanks for your valuable insights on both my questions! Really appreciate them!
user_51
post Nov 21 2021, 11:00 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Nov 20 2021, 04:39 AM)
Go for tankless, either Puricare or something from SK Magic if you need the dispenser. 3M is way too expensive for what it is to be honest, that particular model I mean
Which model is recommended for LG Puricare, consider budget-mid price? ANy other brand model which is equivalent or worth taking a look at?
I am not fancy for alkaline/RO like coway/cuckoo, important is good fliter with clean mineral water.
cgamer
post Nov 22 2021, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(cgamer @ Nov 18 2021, 06:40 PM)
Anyone install megabio smallest water purifier with hot water functions? How hot for the temperature? Can share a little bit about this? Thanks
Any one having experience using this mega bio water purifier? Smallest size Malaysia. Kindly help share….thanks in advance….

296 Pages « < 242 243 244 245 246 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:04 AM