Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

296 Pages « < 179 180 181 182 183 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Water Filter/Purifier Thread V2, Drinking Water Treatment System

views

kuchaikway
post Dec 15 2019, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(wayn3san @ Dec 15 2019, 11:00 AM)
yeah, was wondering what other options out there which are reasonable and reliable. That's all.

have you encountered any? thinking to go to the klcc fair today and listen to all the salesman hahaha
Looking at Hydro 1. Another forummer (blancpain4470) here bought it at Xammax RM1699 inclusive installation. There are even cheaper options. So I am still looking.
aeiou228
post Dec 15 2019, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(kuchaikway @ Dec 15 2019, 07:11 AM)
I am looking for for an external filter too.  RM2650 is too rich for me for this while there are many far cheaper membrane filter option.  All membrane filters are 0.01micron and I don't know what is the special "Germany" technology involved.  To be honest all of them are about the same
I'm kind of wonder how a 0.01 micron point of entry membrane filter would not severely compromising the incoming water pressure? I thought POE ideally should be around 5 to 10 micron?

This post has been edited by aeiou228: Dec 15 2019, 12:01 PM
blancpain4470
post Dec 15 2019, 01:07 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Dec 15 2019, 11:57 AM)
I'm kind of wonder how a 0.01 micron point of entry membrane filter would not severely compromising the incoming water pressure? I thought POE ideally should be around 5 to 10 micron?
I installed mine at the source next to the meter (standard installation). The installer assured me no difference unless the filter is clogged. He is right
aeiou228
post Dec 15 2019, 01:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(blancpain4470 @ Dec 15 2019, 01:07 PM)
I installed mine at the source next to the meter (standard installation). The installer assured me no difference unless the filter is clogged. He is right
Thanks for the information. I guess it's not too obvious to feel the drop in pressure because only kitchen and washer room are connected directly to main water ?
blancpain4470
post Dec 15 2019, 02:05 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Dec 15 2019, 01:27 PM)
Thanks for the information. I guess it's not too obvious to feel the drop in pressure because only kitchen and washer room are connected directly to main water ?
Ya. The rest is going to the tank on 4th floor! Although I have Gundfros pump but that's from tank to others?
hestati
post Dec 15 2019, 07:06 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Dec 15 2019, 11:57 AM)
They work by magic smile.gif. Hydronautics or Torray UF membranes with 0.01 micron have large pressure drop, require extreme care, chemical and ultrasound backwash, cost 5 times more and come without housing. These Chinese membranes should have conquered the world by now, but somehow they are only present in China and SEA and only residential, no commercial no industrial applications.

I bet it is nowhere near 0.01. There are not so many companies in the world who can even produce real 0.01 membrane material. These are more difficult to manufacture than RO membranes.
wayn3san
post Dec 15 2019, 11:14 PM

On my way
562 posts

Today I went to klcc home expo, has 3 water filter brands on sale.

1. Nesh queen membrane filter. - rm2888. Claims to have pvdf membrane tech and renowned brand for after sales service. The membrane filter is designed to have many holes for better water pressure.

2. LEC - M pro signature - rm2600. uses pvdf membrane tech and the filter design is lesser holes at the side for better water pressure, as claimed by salesman

3. Smartnano - the big version not sure the model was offered at 1700 last price (last day). Claim to use PS membrane tech (even better than pvdf) so to say. Says that cost is cheaper due to no marketing etc. but sticks a sticker on the filter.

Each brand bashing other brand when I talk to them haha. Even had evidences/pictures of why they all suck individually.

Couldn’t make up my mind, left and here I am writing to seek for opinions
aeiou228
post Dec 16 2019, 12:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(wayn3san @ Dec 15 2019, 11:14 PM)
Today I went to klcc home expo, has 3 water filter brands on sale.

1. Nesh queen membrane filter. - rm2888. Claims to have pvdf membrane tech and renowned brand for after sales service. The membrane filter is designed to have many holes for better water pressure.

2. LEC - M pro signature - rm2600. uses pvdf membrane tech and the filter design is lesser holes at the side for better water pressure, as claimed by salesman

3. Smartnano - the big version not sure the model was offered at 1700 last price (last day). Claim to use PS membrane tech (even better than pvdf) so to say. Says that cost is cheaper due to no marketing etc. but sticks a sticker on the filter.

Each brand bashing other brand when I talk to them haha. Even had evidences/pictures of why they all suck individually.

Couldn’t make up my mind, left and here I am writing to seek for opinions
Why pay 2-3k for unknown brands when you can get branded 3M AP902 for 1k? Compact form factor which suit condo installation. What's more can change cartridge on the fly without wetting the floor.

wayn3san
post Dec 16 2019, 12:45 AM

On my way
562 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Dec 16 2019, 12:14 AM)
Why pay 2-3k for unknown brands when you can get branded 3M AP902 for 1k? Compact form factor which suit condo installation.  What's more can change cartridge on the fly without wetting the floor.
Cos I’m more comfortable buying a unit which cost 2-3k and the maintenance is only 700 every 7 years so they claimed, but I think 5 years should change already.

In that case, it makes more financial sense for me to get the ones with backwash. Moreover the ap902 I saw its 1.8k for 1 unit, if I’m not mistaken ?
senscents
post Dec 16 2019, 02:18 AM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Dec 15 2019, 07:06 PM)
They work by magic smile.gif. Hydronautics or Torray UF membranes with 0.01 micron have large pressure drop, require extreme care,  chemical and ultrasound backwash, cost 5 times  more and come without housing. These Chinese membranes should have conquered the world by now, but somehow they are only present in China and SEA and only residential, no commercial no industrial applications.

I bet it is nowhere near 0.01. There are not so many companies in the world who can even produce real 0.01 membrane material. These are more difficult to manufacture than RO membranes.
What type of magic are they doing?
With more and more company are using this Ultrafiltration on the point of use filter.
There must be more to it than meets the eyes.

This UF for poe has been on our shore for quite a number of years already. We should at least have some feedback, either good or bad?

While browsing the web there was a company claiming that this is the most advance filtration UF membrane technology with high flow rate and the myth of this 0.01 micron clogging is beyond worries.

Any advise from you or others sifu sifu are greatly appreciate.
senscents
post Dec 16 2019, 02:22 AM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(wayn3san @ Dec 16 2019, 12:45 AM)
Cos I’m more comfortable buying a unit which cost 2-3k and the maintenance is only 700 every 7 years so they claimed, but I think 5 years should change already.

In that case, it makes more financial sense for me to get the ones with backwash. Moreover the ap902 I saw its 1.8k for 1 unit, if I’m not mistaken ?
Well, if you were to use the Big Blue type of filter and change the 4.5" X 20" cartridge yearly, will it be cheaper?
blancpain4470
post Dec 16 2019, 06:43 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

U are mistaken unless you are ignorantly rich and pay by list price. The 3m is less than 1k.

user posted image
aeiou228
post Dec 16 2019, 09:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Dec 15 2019, 07:06 PM)
They work by magic smile.gif. Hydronautics or Torray UF membranes with 0.01 micron have large pressure drop, require extreme care,  chemical and ultrasound backwash, cost 5 times  more and come without housing. These Chinese membranes should have conquered the world by now, but somehow they are only present in China and SEA and only residential, no commercial no industrial applications.

That's what I thought. I guess UF seller bet on no buyer would ever go to the extend to pay for laboratory test every year to find out the truth.

Rm700 every 7 years is indeed a good deal but one has to pay an expensive upfront to find out if it really live up to its claim.
Backwash piping installation is more intricate than standard installation, Your condo management ok with it?
To make even more financial sense, as suggested by senscents, standard 20" big blue housing is a more appropriate option. Off course without the cartridge replacement convenience of 3M AP902.

kiwijuice
post Dec 16 2019, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

Just sharing some idea here. For item such as water filter, you can actually buy second hand from site such as my.carousell.com. And then you go and buy a brand new replacable filter from respective vendor. it will be much cheaper and of equal quality.

I am using direct pipe-in water dispenser at my house, bought from taobao. i think last time i bought, it is around RM 250. I connect my amway espring to this water dispenser directly.

blancpain4470
post Dec 16 2019, 01:02 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(kiwijuice @ Dec 16 2019, 11:42 AM)
Just sharing some idea here. For item such as water filter, you can actually buy second hand from site such as my.carousell.com. And then you go and buy a brand new replacable filter from respective vendor. it will be much cheaper and of equal quality.

I am using direct pipe-in water dispenser at my house, bought from taobao. i think last time i bought, it is around RM 250. I connect my amway espring to this water dispenser directly.
Isn't the trend is combining dispense with filter rather than separates?
wayn3san
post Dec 16 2019, 02:15 PM

On my way
562 posts

Ah my apologies, I was showed by my contractor and my 2 mins browse on lazada at rm1.8k

My Mgmt is fine with the installation of backwash pipe cos I am bringing the pipe in through my kitchen anyways, so it’s fine.
Hence, I am comfortable with the higher upfront payment and lower maintenance fees.

Just like one mentioned above, so many membrane tech filter out there but not many reviews are shown.

Not sure which one should I go, some brandless ones are like direct import from China and stick on random stickers to claim their own brand , like smartnano(?) really confuses me if it’s just safer and smarter to go with bigger brands like nesh which are already known and after sales service is rather more ‘guaranteed’

Thoughts?
hestati
post Dec 16 2019, 03:41 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(kiwijuice @ Dec 16 2019, 11:42 AM)

You are unlikely to save much, if anything this way, unless you are buying something overpriced like eSpring.
chrischiang
post Dec 16 2019, 04:20 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Dec 14 2019, 12:48 AM)
There are so many water filter brands here from China, Taiwan, Korea, Russia, International, etc, etc to our local product. One man's meat it's other man's poison. 😀

IMO just focus on the certified "not tested to" 10" universal filter cartridge.
In most basic, it require at least 2 filtrations a  sediment & carbon block. For this two very basic filter for us are good enough to drink if you boil your water.

By drinking directly after the 2 stages of filtration  (imo) has not causes any death or any other serious health problem.

Good thing about this 10" Universal filter cartridge is, you can add/upgrade to your budget and yes even add on RO to this system if you ever require. Not that we need it anyway.

For just 2 persons, do you really need a hot water dispenser. Of course if got moola then go for it. If not can consider hot termo flask, which can hold 1.5-2.0L. Equivalent to 4-6 mugs of coffee/tea you can make with minimum budget of app. Rm100

As for the filter life span, you need to confirm with the brand/manufacturer, as some will be 6months or less than 12months.
So more calculating again on all the yearly replacement cost. 😂

It seems that you did not reply on the matter of your piping. If yours are still new, then a poe filter will help in a long run but still some smaller sediment will pass thru.  If not, can do without the poe.

For your budget of Rm2K, only you can decide base on your requirement.
Thanks for your suggestion!
for your suggestion the 10" universal filter cartridge fix under sink right as pou? not sure if im understand correctly, inlet -> 10"(sediment) -> 10"(carbon) -> outlet tap -> boil?

for the filter is something like carbon and sediment? I just simply search not sure is im search correctly.

If this is the correct concept, probably i go with this route is much more cheaper.

For the piping question yea, i'm not sure how my piping looks like yet cause current the condo done but pending for permit, im just searching around. as for poe is normal sand filter enough or i would need those membrane type?

luvjim
post Dec 16 2019, 04:38 PM

last resort
1,031 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Dec 16 2019, 03:41 PM)
You are unlikely to save much, if anything this way, unless you are buying something overpriced like eSpring.
actually when compare the quality assurance and satisfaction, there's more indoor water filter brand can beat espring in terms of price.
at least it worth and headache free, no need to look for new one every 3 years.

how many of you still use the same brand model in 10 years?
hestati
post Dec 16 2019, 04:40 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(luvjim @ Dec 16 2019, 04:38 PM)
actually when compare the quality assurance and satisfaction, there's more indoor water filter brand can beat espring in terms of price.
at least it worth and headache free, no need to look for new one every 3 years.

how many of you still use the same brand model in 10 years?
Except that it should cost 1.5-2K max, and not 4-5k. And how much is the replacement elements? MLM type of products are always significantly overpriced. At this price it should have built in heater, fridge and coffee machine.

296 Pages « < 179 180 181 182 183 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:45 AM