Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

296 Pages « < 153 154 155 156 157 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Water Filter/Purifier Thread V2, Drinking Water Treatment System

views

hestati
post Mar 24 2019, 04:19 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(woolala @ Mar 24 2019, 11:08 AM)
Hi, I'm moving into my condo and is considering to install 3M POE together with the drinking water filter. Does anyone have experience and feedback on both water filter?

Saw a bundled package on Lazada.
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/3m-mini-...bsBbyV&search=1
I will only comment on quality, not price. In terms of quality, it is good, but not direct drinking. Basically it is 1 stage carbon filter.
heartache
post Mar 24 2019, 10:14 PM

48 posts

hi,

anyone tried aquasana AQ5300+ and give some feedback?
https://www.aquasanawaterfilter.com.my/
seems ok with NSF certified and price is ok too.
hestati
post Mar 24 2019, 10:24 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(heartache @ Mar 24 2019, 10:14 PM)
hi,

anyone tried aquasana AQ5300+ and give some feedback?
https://www.aquasanawaterfilter.com.my/
seems ok with NSF certified and price is ok too.
Actually same comment as 3M Easy Complete. It is USA brand, but not manufactured in USA. Got NSF and Cal Cert. Does not remove bacteria, so not drink direct. According to reviews here, it can clog very quickly, but Aquasana Malaysia can provide free pre-filter if you complain to them. There are quite a few users here on this forum.
Drian
post Mar 31 2019, 12:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

Is there such product that has instant hot and cold water
(non instant) dispenser ? or perhaps just cold water dispenser?

hestati
post Mar 31 2019, 02:50 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Mar 31 2019, 12:58 PM)
Is there such product that has instant hot and cold water
(non instant) dispenser ? or perhaps just cold water dispenser?
Cold and instant will not work well, not able to cool it down significantly. You can look for a dispenser separately from filter. Normally, any dispenser can be connected to undersink filters. Even bottled dispensers can be converted into direct feed dispensers easily.
abcde90
post Apr 1 2019, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Mar 31 2019, 02:50 PM)
Cold and instant will not work well, not able to cool it down significantly. You can look for a dispenser separately from filter. Normally, any dispenser can be connected to undersink filters. Even bottled dispensers can be converted into direct feed dispensers easily.
Bottled water dispenser has a pipe in connection?
hestati
post Apr 1 2019, 10:33 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(abcde90 @ Apr 1 2019, 09:57 PM)
Bottled water dispenser has a pipe in connection?
No, but it can be easily converted (most of them). So if you already have a bottled water dispenser, you can convert it. We do have a converting set, I believe it is 50RM or so. Much cheaper than buying new dispenser.

I believe 1 member here already converted his dispenser, I do not remember his nickname though.

Similar to this link from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Clover-POU-B9-Conver...A/dp/B007UI26JI
sonotme
post Apr 1 2019, 11:48 PM

Regular
1,523 posts

looking for water filter and stumbled upon this forum. Based on the comments, 3M water filter is recommended?
I'm looking for water filter for my condo..
hestati
post Apr 2 2019, 11:51 AM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Apr 1 2019, 11:48 PM)
looking for water filter and stumbled upon this forum. Based on the comments, 3M water filter is recommended?
I'm looking for water filter for my condo..
Depends what you are looking for. There is no "1 fit all" solution, since everyone has different requirements.
Drian
post Apr 4 2019, 01:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

I'm planning to install both 3M filter and a Hot/Cold Water dispenser but I can't seem to find a filtered water faucet that allows another 1/4 inch tubing out to the water dispenser.
So after some thinking, this is what I plan to do , any comments?

user posted image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Drian
post Apr 4 2019, 09:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Apr 2 2019, 11:51 AM)
Depends what you are looking for. There is no "1 fit all" solution, since everyone has different requirements.
Regarding your blue POE filters in shopee, are they able to withstand sunlight? Have you ever have issues where the plastic crack due to UV aging?

This post has been edited by Drian: Apr 4 2019, 09:59 AM
abcde90
post Apr 4 2019, 01:26 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Apr 4 2019, 01:18 AM)
I'm planning to install both 3M filter and a Hot/Cold Water dispenser but I can't seem to find a filtered water faucet that allows another 1/4 inch tubing out to the water dispenser.

user posted image
tapping direct from the filter outflow is not possible ?
hestati
post Apr 4 2019, 02:16 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Apr 4 2019, 01:18 AM)

No, this is really bad idea, because in order to send water to dispenser you will need to open the faucet adapter? open the main faucet. Will be a total mess

Why not have a T joint right after the outlet of the undersink filter and send that to the dispenser? You will need to drill a hole or go behind your cabinet somehow.

user posted image

Another thing to consider, is that now ALL your water will flow all through 3M filter. Depending on 3M model, it can clog or "expire" a lot faster and have you considered the actual flow you will be getting from it? with 1/4" bottleneck filter sitting in the middle. I know for instance that Aquaphor is definitely not suitable for this kind of setup, unless you are ok with like 2L/min flow. Assuming 3M is DWS2500 (since it is 3 stages), you can expect similar results. But sometimes it is ok, if it is not your main sink for example and you will be washing dishes in the other kitchen sink, Just something to consider.

This post has been edited by hestati: Apr 4 2019, 02:23 PM
hestati
post Apr 4 2019, 02:27 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Apr 4 2019, 09:59 AM)
Regarding your blue POE filters in shopee, are they able to withstand sunlight? Have you ever have issues where the plastic crack due to UV aging?
We do provide a polyester cover for it, free of charge. Nothing fancy though, just a simple cover. But you are 100% right, if left without cover under direct sun, in few years it will degrade.
Drian
post Apr 4 2019, 05:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Apr 4 2019, 02:16 PM)
No, this is really bad idea, because in order to send water to dispenser you will need to open the faucet adapter? open the main faucet. Will be a total mess

Why not have a T joint right after the outlet of the undersink filter and send that to the dispenser? You will need to drill a hole or go behind your cabinet somehow.

user posted image
Another thing to consider, is that now ALL your water will flow all through 3M filter. Depending on 3M model, it can clog or "expire" a lot faster and have you considered the actual flow you will be getting from it? with 1/4" bottleneck filter sitting in the middle. I know for instance that Aquaphor is definitely not suitable for this kind of setup, unless you are ok with like 2L/min flow. Assuming 3M is DWS2500 (since it is 3 stages), you can expect similar results. But sometimes it is ok, if it is not your main sink for example and you will be washing dishes in the other kitchen sink, Just something to consider.
This is a separate faucet just for filtered water, forgot to mention.
I was planning to use an adapter like this. Diverted to water dispenser all the time except when I want room temperature water.

http://www.filterwater.com/p-321-diverter-...top-filter.aspx

The T joint will require drilling through multiple cabinets and a quartzstone countertop as it will be located 2-3 meters away. Very very tedious.

hestati
post Apr 4 2019, 07:03 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Apr 4 2019, 05:33 PM)
This is a separate faucet just for filtered water, forgot to mention.
I was planning to use an adapter like this.  Diverted to water dispenser all the time except when I want room temperature water.

http://www.filterwater.com/p-321-diverter-...top-filter.aspx
The T joint will require drilling through multiple cabinets and a quartzstone countertop as it will be located 2-3 meters away. Very very tedious.
Ok, so your plan is to keep the faucet open 100% of the time as well as diverted switched to "on" position except when you need room temperature water? Because once you close the faucet, there will be no flow to dispenser. There will be also tubes hanging from the faucet.

Yes, that can be done, but it is really not convenient. Who will be installing for you, your cabinet installer or DIY? If it is your own place and a permanent installation, then drilling through few cabinet walls and quartz is normally not an issue at all. Example, our installer does it in 15 min (not advertising his service or anything, just to highlight that it is not difficult at all) and it becomes a very neat installation this way, without tubes hanging.

If this is a rented place, where you can't drill, then yes, your setup is the only way to go. Otherwise, I really recommend to drill. If you do not want to drill cabinet walls (say they are aluminum), then you can just make a small hole for 1/4" tube just near the sink and then lay the tube nicely to the dispenser.

Just my friendly advice - do not be scared to drill, it will be worth it in the long run smile.gif.

One other thing to consider is that this diverter is not designed to withstand full 40-60psi pressure permanently (if you do not close the faucet to always divert the water to the dispenser. Not saying it will necessarily explode/break on day 1, but this is definitely something to consider.

Hope that helps! But anyway, if you decide not to drill, your setup will work and it is quite reasonable.
xproc
post Apr 5 2019, 11:08 AM

free for all
4,395 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Apr 4 2019, 05:33 PM)
this is pain 1 time but definitely worth the effort... for drill the courtertop u just need a suitable drill bit.

This post has been edited by xproc: Apr 5 2019, 11:14 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
hestati
post Apr 5 2019, 01:16 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(xproc @ Apr 5 2019, 11:08 AM)
this is pain 1 time but definitely worth the effort... for drill the courtertop u just need a suitable drill bit.
Nice, is this your current set up?
WhitE LighteR
post Apr 5 2019, 01:40 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(xproc @ Apr 5 2019, 11:08 AM)
Such a nice drawing.. haha.
xproc
post Apr 5 2019, 10:04 PM

free for all
4,395 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Apr 5 2019, 01:40 PM)
Such a nice drawing.. haha.
My occupational diseases

And help setup in 10 year old house

Sorry dont know why lowyat not rotate the iphone photo properly,

This post has been edited by xproc: Apr 5 2019, 10:15 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

296 Pages « < 153 154 155 156 157 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:07 PM