Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

232 Pages « < 151 152 153 154 155 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Water Filter/Purifier Thread V2, Drinking Water Treatment System

views

WaCKy-Angel
post Mar 1 2019, 01:59 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
19,628 posts

QUOTE(xproc @ Feb 25 2019, 12:58 PM)
at first got look at this, but in the end get diy version also...

if dont want have problem then just get espring, coway or whatever at rocket price or pay by installments...

many of us here end us getting the self made one due to poison by hestati  rclxm9.gif
interesting about diy version...can point me to which post or tl;dr me a summary?

Btw currently ayam using Coway for few years, and just last month installed additional pre-filter and outdoor master filter (because water terrible yellow and even small sand/particles)..

now im wondering is it way cheaper and better if i straight change to filter for whole house drinkable water?
hestati
post Mar 1 2019, 03:27 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(myron649 @ Mar 1 2019, 01:47 PM)
one in Russian wording and another in English. Any other difference between these?

user posted image
user posted image
The cartridges are made in Russia (well, Estonia and Russia, but this is like 40km apart, they just have the factory in EU for obvious reasons). All Aquaphor cartridges are made in Russia/Estonia. Only the labels are different, cartridges are absolutely same. This is direct import from manufacturing country. I would be concerned if labels were in Spanish, but Russian makes perfect sense ).

This post has been edited by hestati: Mar 1 2019, 06:42 PM
wilson7847
post Mar 2 2019, 06:44 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Everyone used the panasonic PJ-37MRF-ZMA model or Joven JP200?
I'm using Diamond antibac, want to switch to other model since their filter become expensive.

hestati
post Mar 2 2019, 11:21 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(wilson7847 @ Mar 2 2019, 06:44 PM)
Everyone used the panasonic PJ-37MRF-ZMA model or Joven JP200?
I'm using Diamond antibac, want to switch to other model since their filter become expensive.
This particular model has known cartridge smell/taste issue...
hestati
post Mar 6 2019, 01:00 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Mar 1 2019, 01:59 PM)
interesting about diy version...can point me to which post or tl;dr me a summary?

Btw currently ayam using Coway for few years, and just last month installed additional pre-filter and outdoor master filter (because water terrible yellow and even small sand/particles)..

now im wondering is it way cheaper and better if i straight change to filter for whole house drinkable water?
Oh, missed your post... So which Coway you have so that it cannot remove yellow? I have a feeling that what you actually observe is oxidation of dissolved iron, because though Coway is definitely not the best filter out there, it should not let particles through...
WaCKy-Angel
post Mar 6 2019, 01:05 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
19,628 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Mar 6 2019, 01:00 PM)
Oh, missed your post... So which Coway you have so that it cannot remove yellow? I have a feeling that what you actually observe is oxidation of dissolved iron, because though Coway is definitely not the best filter out there, it should not let particles through...
Coway is for drinking water only. what i plan is to remove it and change with whole house filtering can even drink direct from tap.
but then again i guess its not feasible since house internal piping more or less also has oxidation.
hestati
post Mar 6 2019, 01:09 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Mar 6 2019, 01:05 PM)
Coway is for drinking water only. what i plan is to remove it and change with whole house filtering can even drink direct from tap.
but then again i guess its not feasible since house internal piping more or less also has oxidation.
No, not possible. Internal pipes, tank, faucets, all not designed for drinking water. And removing this dissolved iron is difficult anyway, need special green sand filter and refillable chemical.

So you can install whole house filter, but do not get rid of PoU (Coway or whatever else). PoE cannot replace PoU. You can refer to this FAQ https://frescatec.com/faq/
zaFrOoNaLdO
post Mar 6 2019, 01:26 PM

FM fReaK!
1,505 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Mar 6 2019, 01:09 PM)
No, not possible. Internal pipes, tank, faucets, all not designed for drinking water. And removing this dissolved iron is difficult anyway, need special green sand filter and refillable chemical.

So you can install whole house filter, but do not get rid of PoU (Coway or whatever else). PoE cannot replace PoU. You can refer to this FAQ https://frescatec.com/faq/
just wondering, how come in australia u can drink straight from the tap ? how are their pipes different to malaysia?
hestati
post Mar 6 2019, 02:08 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(zaFrOoNaLdO @ Mar 6 2019, 01:26 PM)
just wondering, how come in australia u can drink straight from the tap ? how are their pipes different to malaysia?
Ok, yes, when I lived in the US/Canada, I used to drink from the tap as well. Mentality is "1st world country, they do care about us and all is to standards". (not true at all if you search lead poisoning and various bacteria alerts in USA/Canada, when it was not recommended to use tap water even once boiled).

I stopped drinking from the tap once we moved to China because of the terrible smell. Here, smell is not as bad as China, but still quite bad, and some areas (Cheras for example) have such horrible water, that you can see it with your naked eyes.

I always say - think about your filter as your insurance. This is why I'm not a big fan of water tests. You can test your water and all is rosy and next day there is a contamination or error at the water treatment station, this is when your filter will save you. It does not mean that drinking from tap will immediately kill you or cause you immediate harm, but in the long run or in case of some contamination it may do harm.

Other aspect in Malaysia is condo realities. I've seen condo tanks where lizards and frogs live, bird's excrement floating etc. To be fair, I've also seen tanks in excellent condition. So even if we assume that pipes are excellent, I wouldn't risk.

I have 1 story to share, when a fellow LYN member installed the filter at home and there was a water treatment station in front of him AND that was a new area. So, in theory, except for horrible chlorine smell, his water was supposed to be clean. We were all very surprised when we discovered how much dirt he had deposited on his cartridge (PoE) after just 2 month. Maybe because the area is still new and pipes are not "washed" properly, but yeah, this is actually weird.

And then there is my story, we lived in Cyberjaya, water had too much chlorine, but after 6 months, cartridges had 0 iron on it, so not brown at all. We moved to Puchong and our condo has a large filter downstairs, yet after only 3 months, cartridges are all brown...

This post has been edited by hestati: Mar 7 2019, 12:19 PM
zaFrOoNaLdO
post Mar 7 2019, 12:30 PM

FM fReaK!
1,505 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Mar 6 2019, 02:08 PM)
Ok, yes, when I lived in the US/Canada, I used to drink from the tap as well. Mentality is "1st world country, they do care about us and all is to standards". (not true at all if you search lead poisoning and various bacteria alerts in USA/Canada, when it was not recommended to use tap water even once boiled).

I stopped drinking from the tap once we moved to China because of the terrible smell. Here, smell is not as bad as China, but still quite bad, and some areas (Cheras for example) have such horrible water, that you can see it with your naked eyes.

I always say - think about your filter as your insurance. This is why I'm not a big fan of water tests. You can test your water and all is rosy and next day there is a contamination or error at the water treatment station, this is when your filter will save you. It does not mean that drinking from tap will immediately kill you or cause you immediate harm, but in the long run or in case of some contamination it may do harm.

Other aspect in Malaysia is condo realities. I've seen condo tanks where lizards and frogs live, bird's excrement floating etc. To be fair, I've also seen tanks in excellent condition. So even if we assume that pipes are excellent, I wouldn't risk.

I have 1 story to share, when a fellow LYN member installed the filter at home and there was a water treatment station in front of him AND that was a new area. So, in theory, except for horrible chlorine smell, his water was supposed to be clean. We were all very surprised when we discovered how much dirt he had deposited on his cartridge (PoE) after just 2 month. Maybe because the area is still new and pipes are not "washed" properly, but yeah, this is actually weird.

And then there is my story, we lived in Cyberjaya, water had too much chlorine, but after 6 months, cartridges had 0 iron on it, so not brown at all. We moved to Puchong and our condo has a large filter downstairs, yet after only 3 months, cartridges are all brown...
i see.. so basically what ur saying is that the country might declare their water to be safe to drink, but actually there are still bacteria in the water that may be harmful to u in the long run.
<-- no content -->
hestati
post Mar 7 2019, 12:56 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(zaFrOoNaLdO @ Mar 7 2019, 12:30 PM)
i see.. so basically what ur saying is that the country might declare their water to be safe to drink, but actually there are still bacteria in the water that may be harmful to u in the long run.
I tend to believe that what comes out from the treatment station in most reasonably developed countries (including Malaysia) is safe to drink, unless there is some serious issue. This serious issue may happen in any country, example, a year ago there was a contamination in Portland, Oregon, at the treatment station so advisory came out not to drink even boiled water from the tap.

What happens after is usually out of control of water treatment plant: pipes, tanks etc.

Actully, I believe that 1st world countries are even worse. I know for sure that US and Canada were under pressure few years back, public was saying that "water smells chlorine" and studies appeared that some bacteria/viruses/algae became immune to chlorine. So, under this pressure they switched to chloramine. Now chloramine, unlike chlorine, is a damn poison AND requires a special, expensive filter to remove. And then there is also fluoride, which is believed by many scientists to be another poison, but is pushed by so called "fluoride lobby". Fluoride is, by they way, banned in many EU countries and even in China.

After living in those countries for a while, I can assure you that they are also corrupt and could care less about the well being of their population (with few exceptions). Worst is that they actually forge "studies" to prove their point and public believes it. We are going a bit off-topic, but check story of Microban. At one point, it was almost mandatory, even pencils were selling with microban coating. And suddenly they say microban causes cancer, which was actually known to few European nations long ago and microban was always banned there.
cheerz~
post Mar 7 2019, 01:12 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

I know there's been a lot of discussion about the 3M filters but couldn't really find the information that I needed.

I'm looking at a POU counter-top filter and I would probably be going for the 3M filters due to budget.

However, I would like to know, what's the difference between CTM-01, CTM-01SE and CTM-02? How do they differ from one another?

hestati
post Mar 7 2019, 08:06 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(cheerz~ @ Mar 7 2019, 01:12 PM)
I know there's been a lot of discussion about the 3M filters but couldn't really find the information that I needed.

I'm looking at a POU counter-top filter and I would probably be going for the 3M filters due to budget.

However, I would like to know, what's the difference between CTM-01, CTM-01SE and CTM-02? How do they differ from one another?
I think what people do, they buy cheapest one and then replace cartridge with c-complete. However, this c-complete is damn expensive, 270RM. Also note that these are technically not suitable for direct drinking.

This post has been edited by hestati: Mar 8 2019, 03:07 AM
xproc
post Mar 7 2019, 11:52 PM

free for all
4,376 posts

QUOTE(zaFrOoNaLdO @ Mar 7 2019, 12:30 PM)
Our minister drink tap water straight from the tap, claps for him
hestati
post Mar 8 2019, 12:26 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(xproc @ Mar 7 2019, 11:52 PM)
Our minister drink tap water straight from the tap, claps for him
Even if we assume that it is safe, what about the smell and taste? I find that tap water smell here is not the mos appealing...
WhitE LighteR
post Mar 8 2019, 01:48 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,023 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Mar 8 2019, 12:26 PM)
Even if we assume that it is safe, what about the smell and taste? I find that tap water smell here is not the mos appealing...
What contribute to the smell in water?
hestati
post Mar 8 2019, 02:30 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Mar 8 2019, 01:48 PM)
What contribute to the smell in water?
Oh, plenty of things. Chlorine, bromine, VOCs, geosmine being the biggest contributors.
hestati
post Mar 8 2019, 05:33 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...r-not-safe.html

Relevant to our discussion actually. USA and Canada definitely should not be on a safe list though...
maruteamatklang
post Mar 10 2019, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

Sorry a bit off topic, can anyone recommended me a good instant boiler ? Thanks smile.gif
Clueless07
post Mar 11 2019, 04:15 PM

On my way
635 posts

Just came across Bacfree road show.
Seems new product line Watero. - anyone has experience and research on this?

It is table top, without installation.
Filter- we may buy and change the catridge ourself without committing monthly service.

the downside is need to refill into the water tank.
decent price @ RM 1700 or so.
https://bacfree.com.my/products/watero/

232 Pages « < 151 152 153 154 155 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0228sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2021 - 06:33 AM