Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

296 Pages « < 145 146 147 148 149 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Water Filter/Purifier Thread V2, Drinking Water Treatment System

views

voyage23
post Dec 12 2018, 11:57 AM

Casual
368 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Nov 14 2018, 11:39 PM)
To those who are looking for budget but branded PoE filter under Rm300, grab this 3M at Giant before end of this month.
[attachmentid=10105377]
For the replacement cartridge, it is being sold at RM146 in Lazada now. Is it considered cheap?
hestati
post Dec 12 2018, 12:34 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(heyamazingpeople @ Dec 11 2018, 12:02 AM)
thanks.
I guess u are doing sales for water filtration / purification system?
Mind to re-cap again, what kind of water filtration system will u recommend? Brands and what criteria to take note for point of use?
I summarized everything in this guide, not a promotion, it's really a summary of what was mentioned on this forum. No sales talk.
https://frescatec.com/pou-how-to/

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 12 2018, 02:29 AM)
new house
i prefer the same setup
Yeah, it will be the same setup. If you are happy with your dispenser, keep it, just add the filter. Can you please send the picture of your current filter or the model number? Sure a solution can be found. Can Whatsapp me too.
aeiou228
post Dec 12 2018, 06:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(voyage23 @ Dec 12 2018, 11:57 AM)
For the replacement cartridge, it is being sold at RM146 in Lazada now. Is it considered cheap?
One of the cheapest in 3M range of cartridges but can't say the same if compare to other brands.
zenix
post Dec 17 2018, 01:57 AM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Dec 12 2018, 12:34 PM)
I summarized everything in this guide, not a promotion, it's really a summary of what was mentioned on this forum. No sales talk.
https://frescatec.com/pou-how-to/
Yeah, it will be the same setup. If you are happy with your dispenser, keep it, just add the filter. Can you please send the picture of your current filter or the model number? Sure a solution can be found. Can Whatsapp me too.
let me explain this fully and in detail wink.gif
i got 2 condo
condo A renovated first, the original design had a sink in the middle of the dry kitchen, my reno i just put and island and water outlet, this water outlet connects to a pre-filter then the magic unit as pictured below.
user posted image
additional info, some how this idiot design caused many leaking issues for residents of units below.
POE got small filter like the size of fire extinguisher due to POE space issue.
been using for a few years quite happy with it, though seldom use the hot water function, if got similar unit without hot water also ok.

so now condo B just done renovation, similarly done kitchen setup but this one has a big sediment type POE filter.
so i need a similar indoor filter + dispenser as above.
plug & play.

hestati
post Dec 17 2018, 08:59 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 17 2018, 01:57 AM)
let me explain this fully and in detail  wink.gif
i got 2 condo
condo A renovated first, the original design had a sink in the middle of the dry kitchen, my reno i just put and island and water outlet, this water outlet connects to a pre-filter then the magic unit as pictured below.
user posted image
additional info, some how this idiot design caused many leaking issues for residents of units below.
POE got small filter like the size of fire extinguisher due to POE space issue.
been using for a few years quite happy with it, though seldom use the hot water function, if got similar unit without hot water also ok.

so now condo B just done renovation, similarly done kitchen setup but this one has a big sediment type POE filter.
so i need a similar indoor filter + dispenser as above.
plug & play.
Oh, now I see...

Your best bet for quality filtration is really a dispenser + separate filter, unless you want to spend a lot to get quality dispenser with built in filters, but all depends on budget and priorities of course. So if you do not use hot water function, which one you use? Room temperature or cold? Asking because I may have an option for you if you are using cold mostly.
hestati
post Dec 21 2018, 06:06 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

Filter prices are going... Down!

How often do you see nowadays prices for anything go down? Well, actually, if you look at Lazada and take an example of 3M Easy Complete (quite popular filter, not that I necessarily recommend it), price 1 year ago was 900RM and it is now close to 700. Will take some credit for it, since our parallel import at unbeatable (back then) price, forced either re-sellers or 3M Malaysia to revise pricing policy. GST abolishment also helped, it mainly helped sellers to adjust to falling RM value. Overall, congrats to the industry that stays competitive and is driving prices down, which is a benefit to the consumers!
heyamazingpeople
post Dec 22 2018, 05:37 PM

Casual
319 posts

Hi,
Here to ask questions again.
Any comment on Panasonic AS 45 (RM 2500), its filter can last longer as they can do backwash (filter can last and to replace about 1.5 years). And filter replacement cost lesser (compare to 3M)
vs
3M water filter DWS 2500.
Filter need to change about 9 to 12 months..and more expenisve.
Understand this model can filter up to 0.1 micron.

Any comment in term of other water filtration specs n performance?

keroqq
post Dec 22 2018, 10:50 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(heyamazingpeople @ Dec 22 2018, 05:37 PM)
Hi,
Any comment on Panasonic AS 45 (RM 2500), its filter can last longer as they can do backwash (filter can last and to replace about 1.5 years). And filter replacement cost lesser (compare to 3M)
vs

Better get 3M. Not sure about that Panasonic model, but all 3M filters got NSF/ANSI Standard 42, 53 and other cert don't remember, which is ONE of very important factor you should really pay attention if wanted super clean and safe water for you and your family. That's why it is bit expensive. I'm not using 3M but Coway instead yet they only got basic NSF/ANSI cert which is not very good standard compared to 3M. Now regret because not research very well back then. Can read up bit about this.

If say you want to save cost and not cerewet like me, use Panasonic also an but better install outdoor water filter too. That way no need to worry anymore your drinking water sure fine & safe.
hestati
post Dec 24 2018, 11:50 AM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(heyamazingpeople @ Dec 22 2018, 05:37 PM)
Hi,
vs

I would honestly recommend to stay away from Panasonic filters. I have a feeling that they do not make or design any filters, they just put their brands on it. Their low tier models have terrible water taste, as confirmed by few members here. Also, they use a lot of pseudo-science once again, alkaline, ionized etc etc. Do your own research of course, but I would stay away from any company promoting pseudo-science. They do it either because of ignorance or because they want to raise prices for no reason.

DWS2500 by 3M is one of the few 3M filters which allow direct drinking. Good product, but overpriced for what it is. Got NSF 53 for the reason it is sold in California.

Have you considered Aquaphor or even... Fresca wink.gif
siegdelacroix
post Dec 27 2018, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

Hi, anyone knows if 3M HCD-2 has sirim certification? Couldn't find this information online.
zenix
post Dec 28 2018, 02:11 AM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Dec 17 2018, 08:59 PM)
Oh, now I see...

Your best bet for quality filtration is really a dispenser + separate filter, unless you want to spend a lot to get quality dispenser with built in filters, but all depends on budget and priorities of course. So if you do not use hot water function, which one you use? Room temperature or cold? Asking because I may have an option for you if you are using cold mostly.
room temperature.
hestati
post Dec 28 2018, 01:06 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(siegdelacroix @ Dec 27 2018, 06:50 PM)
Hi, anyone knows if 3M HCD-2 has sirim certification? Couldn't find this information online.
Best would be to ask 3M Malaysia directly. Knowing 3M, they probably actually got the SIRIM for it, they do everything by the book.

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 28 2018, 02:11 AM)
room temperature.
Then I would not recommend a dispenser, but rather a faucet. Dispenser is ALWAYS a weak part of filtration system, with a tank where bacteria and mold can grow and energy wasting. It is necessary evil for those who want cold/hot water, but if you're looking for quality room temperature water without a hassle, my suggestion is to skip the dispenser.
zenix
post Dec 30 2018, 01:31 AM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

it doesn't work with my ID
please pm me
we talk in whatsapp

hestati
post Dec 31 2018, 03:01 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 30 2018, 01:31 AM)
it doesn't work with my ID
please pm me
we talk in whatsapp
Yes, please Whatsapp me when you have a chance, I am away until Jan 5th though, so will have limited access to my phone.
jay-e
post Jan 1 2019, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Dec 4 2018, 02:15 PM)
Yes but you need to remove the plastic housing because c complete is bigger.
how do you remove the plastic housing? break it out?
i just bought C-Complete catridge as replacement for my CTM-01.
thanks.
xproc
post Jan 1 2019, 07:53 PM

free for all
4,395 posts

131 anyone self build their own filter system ?
aeiou228
post Jan 1 2019, 10:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(jay-e @ Jan 1 2019, 10:15 AM)
how do you remove the plastic housing? break it out?
i just bought C-Complete catridge as replacement for my CTM-01.
thanks.
Yeah, or perhalps you can use metal saw to cut the neck holder nicely so that in future you can glue it back if you wish to revert back to CTM cartridge.

QUOTE(xproc @ Jan 1 2019, 07:53 PM)
131 anyone self build their own filter system ?
Can't build but can buy the various components and assemble it. Been there done that
xproc
post Jan 2 2019, 12:19 AM

free for all
4,395 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jan 1 2019, 10:36 PM)
Yeah, or perhalps you can use metal saw to cut the neck holder nicely so that in future you can glue it back if you wish to revert back to CTM cartridge.
Can't build but can buy the various components and assemble it. Been there done that
Yea i mean assemble it, is it worth it i mean itry to build a 3 stage 10 inch filter but wondering which filter to be used
aeiou228
post Jan 2 2019, 10:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(xproc @ Jan 2 2019, 12:19 AM)
Yea i mean assemble it, is it worth it i mean itry to build a 3 stage 10 inch filter but wondering which filter to be used
My DIY 3-stage standard 10" housing.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=81965725

But my DIY housing doesn't conform to NSF material standards, so I bought a better material quality system with double O ring from hestati.
You can buy the following cartridges for the 3 stages :-
Stage 1. Pentair 1micron PP sediment from Home Pro around RM15 for 3pcs.
Stage 2. Fresca disruptor to filter bacteria and viruses.
Stage 3. Matrikx CTO carbon block, about RM40.
xproc
post Jan 2 2019, 05:00 PM

free for all
4,395 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Jan 2 2019, 10:03 AM)
My DIY 3-stage standard 10" housing.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=81965725

But my DIY housing doesn't conform to NSF material standards, so I bought a better material quality system with double O ring from hestati.
You can buy the following cartridges for the 3 stages :-
Stage 1. Pentair 1micron PP sediment from Home Pro around RM15 for 3pcs.
Stage 2. Fresca disruptor to filter bacteria and viruses.
Stage 3. Matrikx CTO carbon block, about RM40.
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

what the difference for the housing conform to NSF material standard or not? the housing from hestati is how much... coz he on holiday cannot ask him...

ur configuration this stage 1 2 3 can direct drink without boiling?

296 Pages « < 145 146 147 148 149 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0762sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:47 AM