Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Mazda 3 Owners/Fans Club V7, Zoom-Zoom w/ Kodo

views

kevinpss
post Feb 15 2016, 12:11 AM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(albertemmer @ Feb 14 2016, 11:46 PM)
RVM system will alert you with beep sound only if you operate turn signal to warn you to not switch lane because vehicles approaching from behind.

If you remain on current lane and other vehicles approaching from behind then rvm system only alert you with warning light on your side mirror.

I most of the time will ignore the warning light or just don't notice it. If went to cilok here and there during heavy traffic then this system very useful.

SCBS only work if your car at speed of 4-30 km/h. Only work if sensor which is at the top centre of windscreen detects any obstruction in front. If you park your car and nothing in front like wall or high gate then the system will not apply. I personally never try. Some people on Youtube had tested with dummy wall (big polisterin) and you can check over there. Not suggesting to test with real wall. Because this system is mean for real emergency break only. Hehe

LDW for me is very distracting unless u got drunk while driving then this system very useful lol
Hi, I plan to buy Mazda 3 GL. Do you know any SA from Mazda?
TSXiuKeong
post Feb 15 2016, 12:37 AM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,421 posts

QUOTE(kevinpss @ Feb 15 2016, 12:11 AM)
You can try asking lucifal
kevinpss
post Feb 15 2016, 12:58 AM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Feb 15 2016, 12:37 AM)
You can try asking lucifal
Thanks for your info.
aimeh
post Feb 15 2016, 08:37 AM

Casual
466 posts

QUOTE(bengwira @ Feb 14 2016, 10:35 PM)
Hi all sifu, really struggle to choose between GL spec and high spec. for me I can live with without HID, 18 rim and all those auto gadgets such as auto rain sensor, auto cruise, HUD and etc.

Things that make me hard to choose are those safety features such as smart city brake, RVM and Lane departure warning since I am buying this car primarily for my wife to drive.

can all sifu here share with me your experience on using these feature?

1) RVM - Does it really helps when you do lane switching? will you find the signal too general since it is not only monitoring the blind spot but the general vehicle behind you

2) smart city brake - does it helps during parking if says I am stepping on the pedal slowly moving forward adjusting my car position

thanks for advance
I do see people testing on dummy wall as well, using tv box. It do stop, even you press the pedal fully. Personally doesn't know the feeing as I'm driving GL.

lucifal
post Feb 15 2016, 08:48 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(kevinpss @ Feb 15 2016, 12:11 AM)
You've got PM !!
KennyKB
post Feb 15 2016, 09:38 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(albertemmer @ Feb 14 2016, 09:59 PM)
Looks good. Where u install?

Latest ckd facelift cx-5 comes with front sensors.
I wonder if bermaz will offer installation to other model too.
EA Autoworks at Bukit Jalil.
kluseng
post Feb 15 2016, 09:57 AM

Casual
473 posts

QUOTE(bengwira @ Feb 14 2016, 10:35 PM)
Hi all sifu, really struggle to choose between GL spec and high spec. for me I can live with without HID, 18 rim and all those auto gadgets such as auto rain sensor, auto cruise, HUD and etc.

Things that make me hard to choose are those safety features such as smart city brake, RVM and Lane departure warning since I am buying this car primarily for my wife to drive.

can all sifu here share with me your experience on using these feature?

1) RVM - Does it really helps when you do lane switching? will you find the signal too general since it is not only monitoring the blind spot but the general vehicle behind you

2) smart city brake - does it helps during parking if says I am stepping on the pedal slowly moving forward adjusting my car position

thanks for advance
If you can live without the HID, 18" rims, HUD, DRL, navigation, power seats, paddle shifts and auto gadgets then I advise going for the GL. All the essential safety features are the same between GL and HS.

The RVM and SCB are nice but not essential for the average driver driving with reasonable care on the road. The SCB does not help with parking. The LDW is totally not necessary in my opinion. You should not need an electronic device to tell you you are changing lane.

It's your call but if only the RVM and SCB are important to you I wouldn't pay RM15K for them.

This post has been edited by kluseng: Feb 15 2016, 09:57 AM
TSXiuKeong
post Feb 15 2016, 10:29 AM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,421 posts

V8 thread is up! smile.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:28 PM