Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[REVIEW] Armaggeddon Kalashnikov AK-550i, Spill-proof, backlit, macro program keys

views

TSshah93
post Jun 17 2015, 09:01 PM, updated 9y ago

On my way
655 posts

Armaggeddon Kalashnikov AK-550i
Spill-proof backlit keys and macro programmable gaming keyboard

user posted image

Introduction

Lately there’s a lot of rumors passing around telling us about the greatness of Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-550i Gaming Keyboard. So we send a proposal requesting for review unit from Armaggeddon and poff! One unit arrived at our test lab. The Kalashnikov is a spill-proof backlit gaming keyboard with 10 multimedia and function buttons. The unique feature of this model is a drainage system that allows for any spillage to simply exit the keyboard to minimize damage to the membrane - all while letting user have the benefit of individual backlit keys. From the box, we notice it supports for macro programmable which user can get that features from a gaming keyboard that less than RM100.

Product Link: http://leapfroglobal.com/amg/keyboards/kal...kov-ak550i.html
Suggest Retail Price: RM79

Specification

+ USB multimedia and gaming keyboard
+ 10 multimedia and function buttons
+ Drainage system that makes it spill proof
+ Red or blue individual backlit keys
+ 104 membrane keys with silent keystroke
+ 1.5 m ultra-durable cable and jack

Features

+ Fully backlit gaming keyboard styling
+ 10 Available multimedia and function buttons on keyboard
+ Full size, 3-segment multimedia and gaming keyboard with total 104 keys
+ High profile, ultra-durable and silent keys
+ Spill proof or splash proof, protecting from exposure to water and liquid
+ The quality assurance in design, production, installation and servicing
+ 2 years limited warranty
+ Macro Programming Software CD Included

This post has been edited by shah93: Jun 18 2015, 10:41 AM
TSshah93
post Jun 17 2015, 09:01 PM

On my way
655 posts

Unboxing

We will make an unboxing on this section for Armaggeddon Kalashnikov AK-550i Gaming Keyboard. Armaggeddon truly takes full advantage of providing all the information on their front box of the packaging.

user posted image
User can see the keyboard came with 2 years of warranty and the model name on the top left of the front packaging. Armaggeddon highlighted some features of the keyboard and illustration image of the keyboard itself so user can expected what’s to be found inside the sealed package.

user posted image
At the back, user can get full specification and every details needed of the features. There’s an image of the keyboard showing 10 multimedia keys supported on this keyboard. Armaggeddon explains the background of them and top notch quality of their keyboard build.

user posted image
When we open up the sealed lable on both left and right, user can get find the keyboard is well wrapped inside a transparent plastic and bundle together with the software driver for the Kalashnikov AK-550i.

user posted image
The overall view of the keyboard, we love the simplicity idea of design for this keyboard and gaming shaped of it. The only things we slightly stress is the yellow label used on the lock keys on the top right of the keyboard. Its disturb with the lighting backlit during operating.

user posted image
User can access easily 10 multimedia and function buttons on the top of the keyboard. There’s no more hassle of going back to desktop to control all the function and opening a daily software.

user posted image
The keyboard is designed for slip-proof with a few drainage system. User can get serial number and model name at the back of the keyboard together with Armaggeddon logo on the top.

This post has been edited by shah93: Jun 17 2015, 09:06 PM
TSshah93
post Jun 17 2015, 09:02 PM

On my way
655 posts

user posted image
Armaggeddon Kalasnikov AK-550i comes with 2 plastic keyboard feet to increase the height for user different preferences.

user posted image
There’s also 2 rubberized feet to hold firm the keyboard on the surface during operating.

user posted image
Armaggeddon is using standard silver plated for their USB connector and the cable is not braided.

user posted image
The backlit of the Armaggeddon Kalashnikov AK-550i. User can easily disable the backlit by pressing Fn + Scroll Lock.

user posted image
One of the issues we notice is when in totally dark room, we barely see’s the key on the keyboard. Armaggeddon should have made each keys transparent.

user posted image
At each left and right side of the keyboard have side lighting.

This post has been edited by shah93: Jun 17 2015, 09:07 PM
TSshah93
post Jun 17 2015, 09:02 PM

On my way
655 posts

Software

Armaggeddon has created special software for the Kalashnikov AK-550i. The software able user to set macro programmable on any key on the keyboard. The software driver is bundled with the package or user can easily download it at Armaggeddon website.

user posted image
The overall view of the Armaggeddon Kalashnikov AK-550i software. User can setting up to 3 different layer of the keyboard for maximum capabilities of macro features.

user posted image
User can find Advanced tab on the top right of the software. It able user to custom personal quick switch, controlling different media player and check the software for latest update.

user posted image
If user click on the profile selection, user can export and import preset profile from other user just by downloading online. There’s up to 10 profile can be set at the same time!

This post has been edited by shah93: Jun 17 2015, 09:05 PM
TSshah93
post Jun 17 2015, 09:03 PM

On my way
655 posts

Conclusion

Now it comes on the end section of review. After a few days of testing and stress gaming test with this keyboard. We truly understand why there’s a lot of rumors telling this keyboard is awesome. They are indeed true! User have freedom in controlling and setting of macro record on any keys of the keyboard! We quiet amaze on how silent this keyboard can be. Our partner can barely hear when typing the keyboard even though he just next to us. The extra features of spill proof really helps especially for clumsy user that wanted to prevent bad news when it come on spillage on the keyboard. Armaggeddon guaranteed the keyboard came with 2 years of warranty period which agrees with their statement ‘The quality assurance in design, production, installation and servicing’. The only cons we notice with this keyboard is their backlit LEDs features. Each keycaps does not build with transparent key which makes the keyboard hardly to use while in dark room. With the price tag of RM79, We agreed this keyboard is one of the recommended budget gaming keyboard on the market.

Finally, I would like to say thank you to Armaggeddon Malaysia for giving me a change to play and review of Armaggeddon Kalashnikov AK-550I

Performance: 4/5
Materials: 5/5
Specifications: 4/5
Appearance: 4/5
Performance/Price Value: 5/5

Pros:
+ Multimedia and macro programmable keys function
+ Spill proof
+ High quality material
+ Affordable
+ Very silent during operating

Cons:
- Keycaps cannot see in the dark even with backlit features.
- Yellow colored lock keys is not a good coloring choice

This post has been edited by shah93: Jun 17 2015, 09:04 PM
amad108
post May 22 2017, 08:39 PM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

nice keyboard.. now cheap in price too.. but cant see the key's on keyboard kinda let down..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:14 AM