Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Shenmue III (PS4), Shenmue III ship to PS4 in Dec 2017!

views

deyamato
post Jun 17 2015, 08:56 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(izzudrecoba @ Jun 17 2015, 12:39 AM)

Now however, we've got GTA and its ilk, The Witcher, Dragon Age and Mass Effect and so much more. Shenmue will be a definite buy for those of us wearing nostalgia-tinted glasses but I'm not sure how it will be perceived by a generation that grew up without it.
I was about to say old-gen-sleeping-dog tongue.gif
Timemuffin
post Jun 17 2015, 09:00 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

stretch goal should be VF6 lelz
PPZ
post Jun 17 2015, 11:59 AM

Enthusiast
736 posts

Eventhough i didnt get the chance to play shenmue during my time with my good old Sega dreamcast but it is a heart felt feeling to see this game appear again. I feel the passion of the fans and will get it when it is out whether they are creating the 1st or 2nd or not.
SSJBen
post Jun 17 2015, 12:11 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Sony is confirmed funding for Shenmue 3. They also said that the platforms will only be PS4 and PC, "for now".
SculptureX
post Jun 17 2015, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Jun 17 2015, 12:11 PM)
Sony is confirmed funding for Shenmue 3. They also said that the platforms will only be PS4 and PC, "for now".
yup, just saw the interview. The $2 million Kickstarter funding is just use to gauge just how much fans want this

and I think they got the message smile.gif
SUSMatrix
post Jun 17 2015, 12:21 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(izzudrecoba @ Jun 17 2015, 12:39 AM)
I think a lot of younger gamers will never understand what it was that made Shenmue special. To them, it'll be an awkward adventure game interspersed with clunky fighting and EW!OMG!YUCK! Quick-time events.

But the truth is there was nothing, at all, that even closely resembled Shenmue at the time. Its story-telling was mature (at least for the time, if not still now), its world felt alive, the QTEs were revolutionary and exciting (yes, I just said that!) and its scope was vast.

Now however, we've got GTA and its ilk, The Witcher, Dragon Age and Mass Effect and so much more. Shenmue will be a definite buy for those of us wearing nostalgia-tinted glasses but I'm not sure how it will be perceived by a generation that grew up without it.
I grew up with it. Didn't impressed me then. And not gonna impress me now. It was a failed USD100 million project. Better left forgotten.
SSJBen
post Jun 17 2015, 12:22 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Pretty much like every big-name developer who has to go to KS to get a new project going now a days.

Was the intention of Bloodstained, and also happened to Mighty No.9.

Not a bad thing, as long as the game makes it out of the gates. The majority of projects that was successfuly funded off KS but turns out to be a no-show has been far too many.
SculptureX
post Jun 17 2015, 12:32 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Jun 17 2015, 12:21 PM)
I grew up with it. Didn't impressed me then. And not gonna impress me now. It was a failed USD100 million project. Better left forgotten.
well, this is for those who loved the game back then & even now

and why bother coming here if you don't like the game anyway? just saying... tongue.gif
SUSMatrix
post Jun 17 2015, 12:35 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(SculptureX @ Jun 17 2015, 12:32 PM)
well, this is for those who loved the game back then & even now

and why bother coming here if you don't like the game anyway? just saying... tongue.gif
because it's overated crap and the truth must be told!!! laugh.gif
giorno
post Jun 17 2015, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(SculptureX @ Jun 13 2015, 05:55 AM)
If this is indeed true, then we will have the biggest surprise of E3 2015

and Sony will be the winner just because of this title, seriously
Agree!!!
SculptureX
post Jun 17 2015, 12:40 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Jun 17 2015, 12:35 PM)
because it's overated crap and the truth must be told!!!  laugh.gif
yeah, "overrated crap" just got $2 million funding in less than 24 hours whistling.gif

now there's the door to this topic exit right there, if you would please...
SSJBen
post Jun 17 2015, 12:42 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Jun 17 2015, 12:35 PM)
because it's overated crap and the truth must be told!!!  laugh.gif
Are you /sarcasming?

If not, how is Shenmue even overated lol? Look at its "scores".

IccyAsd
post Jun 17 2015, 12:49 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
Staff
819 posts

Last time when I play Shenmue 1-2 it was on DreamCast, I do not see whats so great this game's about, maybe FF series over shadow it during that time?

Im happy to see they are coming back for Shenmue 3 but I personally think the developer is not up to today's standard, looking at the video they show its as bad as any Chinese RPG CGI.

Isn't Shenmue kinda like Yakuza series on PlayStation? that's the best it could go im afraid.

This post has been edited by IccyAsd: Jun 17 2015, 12:51 PM
SculptureX
post Jun 17 2015, 12:55 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(IccyAsd @ Jun 17 2015, 12:49 PM)
Last time when I play Shenmue 1-2 it was on DreamCast, I do not see whats so great this game's about, maybe FF series over shadow it during that time?

Im happy to see they are coming back for Shenmue 3 but I personally think the developer is not up to today's standard, looking at the video they show its as bad as any Chinese RPG CGI.

Isn't Shenmue kinda like Yakuza series on PlayStation? that's the best it could go im afraid.
that footage is just a graphical demo of the game running on a new engine, which is the Unreal 4

it does not represent the game in any way, how could it be since the game does not start developing yet
Zozi
post Jun 17 2015, 01:29 PM

On my way
658 posts

Pledged 60$ ! happy.gifv
PPZ
post Jun 17 2015, 01:48 PM

Enthusiast
736 posts

QUOTE(SculptureX @ Jun 16 2015, 08:00 PM)

for those of you who doesn't know these guys, they are from the Gametrailers

recently three of them (minus the girl) did Shenmue 2 Let's Play-kinda-thing on Youtube (GTReview channel) & Twitch (gametrailers channel)

you can see that guy love for Shenmue, his name is Michael Huber, he is a passionate Shenmue player, that much I can tell about him
i watch this over and over again and somehow i feel emotional when the guy listen to the song and he jumped up ecstatically. lol
foohoa
post Jun 17 2015, 01:56 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

QUOTE(SculptureX @ Jun 16 2015, 01:05 PM)
I actually more excited about this than FF7 remake

yeah, remake is good, but story continuation > remake

simple as that, but a win for Sony E3 Conference
i hope they can remake the 1,2 and continue the storey
rumor say their plan like going to 10, if their plan like that
mean the storyline are ready and collecting dust
foohoa
post Jun 17 2015, 01:58 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

QUOTE(IccyAsd @ Jun 17 2015, 12:49 PM)

DreamCast loading time is a big problem, its really hard to enjoy the game like this
snipersnake
post Jun 17 2015, 02:03 PM

typical abah
2,652 posts

Shemue a flop?

Remember even MS funded Shemue 2, making its way to Xbox.

It was a good game, especially for those who like the 80s setting.

This game made me buy a DC..well, and PSO too..eh..and MSR ..eh..e.e tongue.gif

played it on my Xbox too.

good times.

This post has been edited by snipersnake: Jun 17 2015, 02:04 PM
neo_lam
post Jun 17 2015, 02:28 PM

Player
1,920 posts

QUOTE(PPZ @ Jun 17 2015, 01:48 PM)
i watch this over and over again and somehow i feel emotional when the guy listen to the song and he jumped up ecstatically. lol
although i dint jump up..but i swear my blood and goosebump is running so hot and fast and i wanna scream when i listen the music!!!!

anyway for those who dunno what shenmue looks like, please calm your mind and try play it again.....
the emotion and storyline i can say without exaggerated by far the best i have ever play.....
and how well they integrate QTE and action into the story...makes us feel like we are ryu!!

UNTIL NOW I STILL REMEMBER THE DOCK OF HK AND THE SCENERY IN CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my best fav music!!!

This post has been edited by neo_lam: Jun 17 2015, 02:46 PM

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0191sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM