Travel Travel to Japan V7, Discovery Japan Start Here

views

michlove
post Jul 31 2015, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(ch1ck3n @ Jul 31 2015, 12:23 PM)
March 20 - Apr 4.
I love the Rotenburo la , but still cant accept the super onsen mentality where u dont need to bother about anyone looking at you.

I am going to be a first time for onsen, hence why the search for kashikiri onsen. There are loads of nice kashikiri onsen smile.gif just difficult to find one that ticks all the boxes.
smile.gif your welcome bro. It is good to share, the internet is a very wide place hahaha.
I'll be in Nozawaonsen on 19-21 March smile.gif
You are a guy or girl?
ch1ck3n
post Jul 31 2015, 12:50 PM

Regular
1,431 posts

QUOTE(michlove @ Jul 31 2015, 12:34 PM)
I'll be in Nozawaonsen on 19-21 March  smile.gif
You are a guy or girl?
guy la, i going with my wife. Honey Moon, wedding is this year Sept hahaa..

Nozawa is nice, but the onsens are not really people centric. Nozawa is more of a place where people go to ski mostly and the onsen is there to help them relax.

http://www.heikenosho.co.jp/access/index.html
this is a very very very very nice onsen, all onsens are built on a stretch of a river, all are private onsens with a view.
they have more than 10 onsens for you to experience and no additional fee to book it.

But this is deep inside Nikko. rclxub.gif
Current Events guy
post Jul 31 2015, 01:41 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

Experienced ski traveler looking for tips from people who have gone to niseko.

Please pm me or direct me to a user who has done so before.
KidsCode
post Jul 31 2015, 01:57 PM

-----NoLimits!-----
Group Icon
Elite
6,649 posts

QUOTE(thingamagic @ Jul 31 2015, 11:40 AM)

Found out duty free japanese whiskey also not that much cheaper compared to local shops here which are with duty some more.

Yup, saw the prices from local shops (at Osaka market) cheaper than bottle directly from Yamazaki factory (when touring there)
lost123
post Jul 31 2015, 02:41 PM

Regular
1,019 posts

ill be going to Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka in November, was just wondering whether is there any type of electronics or anything special thats worth buying and bringing back? coz im currently planning my budget and how much Yen to change, so i would need to know whether i should buy any gadgets like earphones/camera/lenses from there.

I tried searching online, but couldnt find too much info on this. Some say it is worth it, some say it isnt.. etc...

Some feedback from those who have been there before would be nice.
notoriousfiq
post Jul 31 2015, 02:42 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(thingamagic @ Jul 31 2015, 11:40 AM)
Must say overall prices are expensive but quality is good. Food is like rm50 each person minimum average.

Found out duty free japanese whiskey also not that much cheaper compared to local shops here which are with duty some more.

Navigation and walking around can be a challenge even with gps/ data plan. Subway always confusing and surprise me each time.
if its your first, yes, confusing, but interesting.. by your second time, will be much much less confusing, but also less interesting.. haha

its expensive when you see it in Ringgit, but if you keep your mindset in Yen, 1.5k is a-okay~ laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(ch1ck3n @ Jul 31 2015, 12:23 PM)
I am going to be a first time for onsen, hence why the search for kashikiri onsen. There are loads of nice kashikiri onsen smile.gif just difficult to find one that ticks all the boxes.
smile.gif your welcome bro. It is good to share, the internet is a very wide place hahaha.
Yes, post like that is appreciated. smile.gif
Seems like you and mich going next spring? Anyone this autumn?
TSRegentCid
post Jul 31 2015, 03:32 PM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

QUOTE(ch1ck3n @ Jul 31 2015, 11:50 AM)
http://www.heikenosho.co.jp/access/index.html
this is a very very very very nice onsen, all onsens are built on a stretch of a river, all are private onsens with a view.
they have more than 10 onsens for you to experience and no additional fee to book it.

But this is deep inside Nikko.  rclxub.gif
This one not bad, but onsen and river still got a gap.
If want best outdoor onsen which just beside river, it will be Takaragawa Onsen. Which I post my most ''powerful'' picture ever in here once.
michlove
Still remember? brows.gif brows.gif
michlove
post Jul 31 2015, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(RegentCid @ Jul 31 2015, 03:32 PM)
This one not bad, but onsen and river still got a gap.
If want best outdoor onsen which just beside river, it will be Takaragawa Onsen. Which I post my most ''powerful'' picture ever in here once.
michlove
Still remember?   brows.gif  brows.gif
lol...i remember of course....your backside actually quite fair hor tongue.gif

This post has been edited by michlove: Jul 31 2015, 03:48 PM
sacwoc
post Jul 31 2015, 05:04 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(lost123 @ Jul 31 2015, 03:41 PM)
ill be going to Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka in November, was just wondering whether is there any type of electronics or anything special thats worth buying and bringing back? coz im currently planning my budget and how much Yen to change, so i would need to know whether i should buy any gadgets like earphones/camera/lenses from there.

I tried searching online, but couldnt find too much info on this. Some say it is worth it, some say it isnt.. etc...

If you are talking about electronics, I would not recommend it cause you have to think of warranty (global or local), voltage difference and language. Sony for example sells their video cam much cheaper if you are willing to accept only Japanese language in the camera. Unlike Canon which you can actually select your language. Check with some friends and they mention that lenses are not much cheaper as well, unless you are talking about newest model that does not exist yet in Malaysia.

As for earphones, there are tons of selection which I dont think you can find in Malaysia. From cheap ones to really high end ones. So really depends on your budget.
KidsCode
post Jul 31 2015, 06:49 PM

-----NoLimits!-----
Group Icon
Elite
6,649 posts

QUOTE(lost123 @ Jul 31 2015, 02:41 PM)

let me chip in some information on what I survey / notice / bought:

1. Earphones / headphones, some are cheaper that MYand some models you can't find in MY. Like for me I got Altec Lansing - CKS-77x, that MY only have model up until CKS-55x. The price is cheap as I got the cheapest shop that offer at kakaku.com. The famous AT-M50x, the price is not as much diff from MY.

2. For camera lenses, some brands are cheaper, example Sigma that I bought (Tokiwa Camera-Osaka)far much cheaper that what offer in MY and also got Canon body and Kitlens, slightly cheaper, I know that there is warranty issue, but I do like Kissx6 (in MY is 650D, this was sometime back when I was at JP when the item launch)

3. I think some items are cheaper if you able to buy it from kakaku.com and sent to the hotel. Survey needed to be done ahead and test (like earphones / headphones can be done at Jaben). Alot of location at Japan big stores also have test unit (Big Camera, Yodabashi, Fujiya Avic-Tokyo)
lucaswjk
post Jul 31 2015, 08:52 PM

~im coming~
3,764 posts

QUOTE(KidsCode @ Jul 31 2015, 06:49 PM)

1. Earphones / headphones, some are cheaper that MYand some models you can't find in MY. Like for me I got Altec Lansing - CKS-77x, that MY only have model up until CKS-55x. The price is cheap as I got the cheapest shop that offer at kakaku.com. The famous AT-M50x, the price is not as much diff from MY.

2. For camera lenses, some brands are cheaper, example Sigma that I bought (Tokiwa Camera-Osaka)far much cheaper that what offer in MY and also got Canon body and Kitlens, slightly cheaper, I know that there is warranty issue, but I do like Kissx6 (in MY is 650D, this was sometime back when I was at JP when the item launch)

3. I think some items are cheaper if you able to buy it from kakaku.com and sent to the hotel. Survey needed to be done ahead and test (like earphones / headphones can be done at Jaben). Alot of location at Japan big stores also have test unit (Big Camera, Yodabashi, Fujiya Avic-Tokyo)
camera not cheap~
i hunt for Sony A6000 at bic camera, yodobashi and few other...
all same price or slightly more expensive than msia

but
Gundam is CHEAP...
i mean simply walk in any shop, u got discounted price
not to mention others model wub.gif

ps: shopping in japan, u need to LOOK For FREE GST
lost123
post Jul 31 2015, 09:34 PM

Regular
1,019 posts

QUOTE(sacwoc @ Jul 31 2015, 05:04 PM)
If you are talking about electronics, I would not recommend it cause you have to think of warranty (global or local), voltage difference and language. Sony for example sells their video cam much cheaper if you are willing to accept only Japanese language in the camera. Unlike Canon which you can actually select your language. Check with some friends and they mention that lenses are not much cheaper as well, unless you are talking about newest model that does not exist yet in Malaysia.

As for earphones, there are tons of selection which I dont think you can find in Malaysia. From cheap ones to really high end ones. So really depends on your budget.
Thanks for your response, might consider bringing extra cash for the earphones.
lost123
post Jul 31 2015, 09:36 PM

Regular
1,019 posts

QUOTE(KidsCode @ Jul 31 2015, 06:49 PM)

Thanks for all your info, greatly appreciated. I guess i might just forget getting the lenses, unless theyre really cheap.

Btw, how did u manage to navigate the kukaku.com website? Its all in Japanese. cant seem to find an english translation button. And also, dont really get how kukaku works? it is like a Japanese version of amazon???

This post has been edited by lost123: Jul 31 2015, 09:38 PM
lost123
post Jul 31 2015, 09:39 PM

Regular
1,019 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Jul 31 2015, 08:52 PM)
camera not cheap~
i hunt for Sony A6000 at bic camera, yodobashi and few other...
all same price or slightly more expensive than msia

but
Gundam is CHEAP...
i mean simply walk in any shop, u got discounted price
not to mention others model wub.gif

ps: shopping in japan, u need to LOOK For FREE GST
Thanks for the info, I also heard that sony stuff are actually more expensive in Japan.. quite odd..
TSRegentCid
post Jul 31 2015, 11:34 PM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

QUOTE(lost123 @ Jul 31 2015, 08:39 PM)
Thanks for the info, I also heard that sony stuff are actually more expensive in Japan.. quite odd..
Because you will found it ''Made in Malaysia''.
electron
post Aug 1 2015, 03:44 PM

Regular
1,328 posts

sony camera prices in Malaysia is actually quite competitive world-wide
as for lense, i've noticed there's a rather strong grey market supply for sigma and tamron in Malaysia which would mean that it can be quite a bit cheaper overseas and lost123 affirmed that with his observation
TSRegentCid
post Aug 1 2015, 04:01 PM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

QUOTE(electron @ Aug 1 2015, 02:44 PM)
sony camera prices in Malaysia is actually quite competitive world-wide
as for lense, i've noticed there's a rather strong grey market supply for sigma and tamron in Malaysia which would mean that it can be quite a bit cheaper overseas and lost123 affirmed that with his observation
Speaking about Camera Lense.
A old fag moderator Stimix. Also when to Japan find Lense.
Malaysia Price are more better
TSRegentCid
post Aug 1 2015, 10:21 PM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

Reserve
TSRegentCid
post Aug 1 2015, 10:21 PM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

Reserve
zstan
post Aug 2 2015, 11:09 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

Some fruits are cheap in japan though. Now it's summer and I highly recommend that you guys try their peaches. It's one of the best i've ever tried. Extremely juicy and sweet and fresh. The skin can even be peeled off without using a knife.

I got mine at ameyoko market.

user posted imageDSC05485 by zstan, on Flickr

another recommendation would be champagne grapes which usually cost a bomb in malaysia but i got a small bunch for just 300 yen.

user posted imageDSC06496 by zstan, on Flickr

but i guess there are not many fruit lovers like me out there. People usually go other countries to try out food and desserts but rarely their local fruit. sweat.gif laugh.gif

125 Pages « < 30 31 32 33 34 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:23 PM