Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hi-Fi Please Recommend... a Hifi Stereo System V2, Pls state your budget pls!!!

views

Pewufod
post Jan 5 2024, 05:44 PM

Regular
1,481 posts

QUOTE(gold member @ Jan 4 2024, 12:16 PM)
Hello fellow audio enthusiasts!

I've recently come across what seems to be a budget-friendly entry-level audiophile setup, and I'm eager to gather opinions and insights from the community. The proposed setup includes:

Aiyima T8 Tube Amplifier
Aiyima A07 DAC
ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Speakers
Budget: 3k-4k.

The intention is to create a system that balances performance with affordability, catering to those looking for a solid audiophile experience without breaking the bank. I plan to source audio from a laptop for the sake of convenience and versatility.

Overall Impressions: What are your thoughts on this combination of components? Have you had any experience with the Aiyima T8, A07 DAC, or ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers?

Bang for the Buck: In your opinion, does this setup offer good value for money in the budget category? Are there other alternatives I should consider within a similar price range?

Versatility and Convenience: Considering the source will be a laptop, how well do you think this system caters to the demand for convenience and versatility?

Any Suggestions or Modifications: If you were to tweak this setup or recommend additional components within a similar budget, what would you suggest?

I appreciate any input, personal experiences, or recommendations you can share. Let's discuss and help each other make informed decisions in the pursuit of great audio on a budget!
can i use the same speaker but with yamaha rx 4va instead?
BOTAK_WAI
post Jan 5 2024, 08:54 PM

Blow Water First Class
3,813 posts

I've recently come across what seems to be a budget-friendly entry-level audiophile setup, and I'm eager to gather opinions and insights from the community. The proposed setup includes:

Aiyima T8 Tube Amplifier
Aiyima A07 DAC

The intention is to create a system that balances performance with affordability, catering to those looking for a solid audiophile experience without breaking the bank. I plan to source audio from a laptop for the sake of convenience and versatility.

Overall Impressions: What are your thoughts on this combination of components? Have you had any experience with the Aiyima T8, A07 DAC, or ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers?

Bang for the Buck: In your opinion, does this setup offer good value for money in the budget category? Are there other alternatives I should consider within a similar price range?

Versatility and Convenience: Considering the source will be a laptop, how well do you think this system caters to the demand for convenience and versatility?

Any Suggestions or Modifications: If you were to tweak this setup or recommend additional components within a similar budget, what would you suggest?

I appreciate any input, personal experiences, or recommendations you can share. Let's discuss and help each other make informed decisions in the pursuit of great audio on a budget!
T8 is dac with tube pre-amp
if you plan to use it as usb dac, make sure get a usb dac with controller that is operating in asynchronous mode, best to choose usb dac that implement FPGA with dual crystal oscillators to keep the jitter low.

A07 is the power amp
many people choose power amp or integrated amp by its paper spec of how many output power it has.
however many just state the PEAK output power, not RMS output power.

open up the amp and see the internal, check the total capacitors used.
your amp chip can output 300W, but how long can it sustain output?
that's why u need big power reserve in capacitors.

another important spec: DAMPING FACTOR. what is DAMPING FACTOR? to put in layman term, it's the capability of power amp to control the movement (grip) of speaker diaphragm.

ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2
i never have audition of the speaker but i had the debut b5 before.
good drivers but bad cabinet, insufficient internal bracing due to cost cutting make it suffering cabinet resonance problem.

if you are new comer in stereo, i would like to suggest you take a look on PSB AM5, since u have 4k budget.

This post has been edited by BOTAK_WAI: Jan 5 2024, 08:56 PM
kevinlim001
post Jan 5 2024, 09:45 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

Aiyima T8 Tube Amplifier
Aiyima A07 DAC

near field listening? ever consider active speaker set like air pulse series before?

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Jan 5 2024, 09:45 PM
gobiomani
post Jan 9 2024, 12:38 PM

Casual
466 posts

Aiyima T8 Tube Amplifier
Aiyima A07 DAC

For RM3-4k budget setup, should consider some better amps. The Elacs need an amplifier with a lot of grunt (meaning current not only watts) and those chifi amps will not be up to the task.
My suggestion would be to get the Wiim Amp for RM1.8k and get a used Wharfedale Jade for RM2k from the link below. The Wiim Amp has a DAC and also a streamer built-in so its a one box solution and you just need to add speakers. I will stay away from the budget Elac speakers coz they are hard to drive with cheaper amps so you will not get the best out of them. Entry level Wharfedale or Q Acoustics speakers are a safe bet in terms of how they sound. Also, buying used gets you more for your money.

https://www.carousell.com.my/p/wharfedale-j...&t-tap_index=19

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:35 AM