Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Headphones Headphone Amplifier and DAC Recommendation, portables, desktops, amps, dac, lai V2

views

youngy
post Oct 30 2015, 04:23 PM

Casual
389 posts

Hi all,

Just bought Cayin C5 from Star Pickers last week.

Using C5 as a desktop DAC but most reviewer mentioned that C5 is better in amp section than as a DAC.

Would like to know which DAC is compatible with C5. Planning to use my C5 as an amp instead of DAC.

Headphone I'm using is Sony MDR 1BT MK2.

Neutral to slightly warmth sounding should do the job.

Budget around RM 500 to 800.

Normally will play CD quality songs.

Thanks all! notworthy.gif

youngy
post Nov 7 2017, 09:44 AM

Casual
389 posts

QUOTE(b3x @ Nov 7 2017, 09:56 AM)
Yes, it will solve the hissing problem when you connect it to macbook with USB, because the hissing means the macbook headphone jack is picking up noise from the mother board.
Thats what external soundcards/DAC are for; amplify the sound, away from noisy place like mother boards.
I'm using Mojo with my PC and I do hear clipping sound quite often. Wonder what causes it. Any idea?
youngy
post Nov 7 2017, 01:38 PM

Casual
389 posts

QUOTE(b3x @ Nov 7 2017, 12:04 PM)
i do not have a mojo with me, have you tried google the problem?

But like any other USB devices, these are things you can try to find the cause of the problem:
1) try with other devices or phone, via USB-OTG or jack. If problem persist on every devices you test with, then the mojo probably needs to be return and replace.
2) Also apparently mojo has build in temperature detector and will cut off when temperature is too hot to protect itself, especially when playing and charging simultaneously. So maybe dont charge too long especially while playing?
3) what media player are you using? have you experiment with other media players?
4) apparently usb cable length more than 1.5m can cause problems too.
5) installed the latest driver?
6) have you tried other input methods, like toslink and jack?

head-fi has a thread with problems and solutions for their mojo. you probably can find something here.
Hope these helps! Good luck!
I actually didn't do troubleshooting. Haha. Kinda annoy with it when there were clipping but sometimes the clipping won't appear at all.

Maybe I'll try pairing it with my phone.

Thanks for he advices though! notworthy.gif
youngy
post Nov 9 2017, 11:29 PM

Casual
389 posts

QUOTE(b3x @ Nov 7 2017, 04:10 PM)
i wouldn't do trouble shooting if i got this problem, too lol; i'd expect it to work flawlessly too as it is a premium dac/amp.
Nah... It only happens sometimes. Mojo really blow my mind when I first using it! The only downside is the battery.. cry.gif

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Nov 7 2017, 11:04 PM)
I never had clipping issue with mojo when it's charge while playing. The clipping usually happen when the sample rate is not right. At least that happens to me couple times before with Galaxy S6. Maybe check the setting on your PC.
Didn't use my Mojo when it's charging. Will you damage it if you play while charging?
youngy
post Nov 10 2017, 09:36 AM

Casual
389 posts

QUOTE(ahmadfaizadnan @ Nov 10 2017, 01:30 AM)
It will not gonna damage the mojo but it is advisable to unplug the cable when it's full; it is not good for a lithium battery to get overcharge in a long period of time.
Hmm... I read somewhere that the power will cut off when the Mojo is fully charged. I think I read it on the official site.

I always charge it when I'm off to bed. blink.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0514sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:14 AM