Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Headphones Headphone Amplifier and DAC Recommendation, portables, desktops, amps, dac, lai V2

views

alexdark
post Jun 14 2019, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Hi, am here looking for recommendations.

I am currently using a sound card (Asus Xonar DG) with my Creative Aurvana Live! 2 (PC setup), and I love the Dolby Headphone effect with the rumbling sound on bass (the rumbling effect probably has nothing to do with Dolby Headphone though...).
Been using this setup for years, mostly for music and movie.

Since the Xonar DG is a PCI card (most new PC motherboard doesn't come with PCI slot anymore), so I am looking for an alternative in case I'm upgrading my PC.
Before I go for the Xonar DGX for the PCIe version of it, is there any better suggestion?
External AMP/DAC is fine for me but I really like to have similar surround effect of Dolby Headphone.

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by alexdark: Jun 14 2019, 08:29 PM
alexdark
post Jul 6 2019, 09:58 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(Currylaksa @ Jul 4 2019, 10:30 PM)
You can check out the Sound BlasterX G6 if you want external.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I see the Sound BlasterX G6 has some features for gaming (e.g. scout mode, etc), which I might not need it.
Is there any alternatives without those features which might results in lower price?

And I noticed there is a sentence in the official website stated "Dolby Digital decoding is available via optical connection".
I am not using optical connection, so does that mean I won't be able to get Dolby surround effect?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0540sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:10 PM