Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to be good in csGO?

views

rootandroid
post Sep 3 2015, 02:23 PM

11 posts

By good gaming keyboards and mouse and have a good computer to prevent lag and play and practice or play with your friends that are good in CSGO and for sure u can see the difference.
greeny88
post Oct 12 2015, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

For me, these things are essential (not in order) :-

1) Use your nades efficiently
2) Communicate more with team-mates (do not spam the mic)
3) Be positive (always encourage)
4) Practice your aim, recoil and burst modes in custom maps (.eg Aim Botz, Recoil Map, etc)
5) Play 10 mins DM before serious games
6) Not too many AWPers in a team (2 AWPers is enough, others all rifler or shot-gunners)
7) Many, many more (.eg watch YouTube Pro Videos if you got the time)

I believe not many people (like myself) would like to fork out RM3~4k-ish (is it enough? not sure tho...) just to buy a gaming desktop (big screen, pro mouse, beautiful keyboard with professional headphone, etc). After all, many of us are casual FPS players (.eg Borderlands, COD, or Far Cry players) and would like to get competitive in CS:GO.

I'm currently using a standard 14" laptop with a slightly-better video-card, a normal HP hands-free mic + headphone, a standard Logitech cheap mouse and playing with Streamyx 2MBs line. Getting a GN3 in my 1/2 month-old competitive games I guess I'm an average noob shooter.

GG guys!
retardedgamerz
post Oct 16 2015, 09:04 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(Ulysses @ Aug 16 2015, 05:03 PM)
1) depend on weapons though. .. ak47 aim at head level?
2)agree
3)agree
4)good mouse doesnt means expensive one...  i use logitech g300s...  n mousepad, get a bigger one if want to play at lower sensitivity
5)map awareness. .....  config ur minimap so it show almost entire map, always Centre
1)ak47 depends on the user..better aim head since u only burst 1 or 3 bullet per click..
2)agree
3)agree
4)agree..i use gigabyte (cheapo ver..around RM60++)..buy L size mousepad (i use razor)
5)agree
6)play dm a lot to improve ur aim and accuracy..it doesnt matter if u kill a lot or not..the main purpose is to get the rhythm and the burst pattern of each weapon..vary each weapon for each dm round..
7)configure your mouse (a lot of guide and tips on the net)

after 47 comp match..im on my way to DMG..find a good team-mate @ just have fun playing the game..i usually run solo around the map when the game became too tense.. enjoying myself..

i leave my monitor setting as it is (tried 120hz..but blurghh) change screen ratio (too big for me) change mouse and keyboard (razer,ss,logitech..nothing come close to my cheapo mouse) for me you just need good internet connections and have a lot of free time to play the game (im on streamyx..work 7 to 4..play around 2-3 compe/week)

Ulysses
post Oct 17 2015, 02:13 PM

尤利西斯
2,822 posts

QUOTE(retardedgamerz @ Oct 16 2015, 09:04 AM)
1)ak47 depends on the user..better aim head since u only burst 1 or 3 bullet per click..
2)agree
3)agree
4)agree..i use gigabyte (cheapo ver..around RM60++)..buy L size mousepad (i use razor)
5)agree
6)play dm a lot to improve ur aim and accuracy..it doesnt matter if u kill a lot or not..the main purpose is to get the rhythm and the burst pattern of each weapon..vary each weapon for each dm round..
7)configure your mouse (a lot of guide and tips on the net)

after 47 comp match..im on my way to DMG..find a good team-mate @ just have fun playing the game..i usually run solo around the map when the game became too tense.. enjoying myself..

i leave my monitor setting as it is (tried 120hz..but blurghh) change screen ratio (too big for me) change mouse and keyboard (razer,ss,logitech..nothing come close to my cheapo mouse) for me you just need good internet connections and have a lot of free time to play the game (im on streamyx..work 7 to 4..play around 2-3 compe/week)
addition. .. I'm using 1024x768 4:3 . ... really helps a lot.... my dpi is 500dpi ingame sensitivity 1.3 ...... helps me jump from no rank straight to MG2.
bear77x
post May 10 2016, 02:22 PM

10 posts

use big screen tv to play csgo so when u r zooming the aug/sg/awp/gaygun you can see clearly the enemy head biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
stephen.alvin
post Nov 11 2016, 05:05 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

Train ur eyes,hand & mind. Go to the CS-GO training ground and learn to get all headshot.
TPB123
post Dec 3 2016, 03:20 PM

2 posts

It always comes down to practice. First of all, train your map awareness. By knowning maps, you would improve because you know where to position yourself according to the situation. Muscle memory really helps, practicing dm, aim maps, etc, you would get used to placing your crosshair head level and able to pratice your flicks which is useful in situations where the enemy catches you off guard. Know your weapon's recoil patterns. Mentality. Mentality is another key factor in how you perform. Try your best not to start tilting if youre losing, always focus on winning and if you lose? Always keep a positive mindset, if you cant, take a break. Being positive to your teammates is important as well. If your teammates are doing bad, always give them confidence it helps alot because they may be having a bad day/game. CSGO at the end of the day, is a team game.

I was GE but currently unranked due to not playing for a month because of exams.

One last thing to note. Gear does make you better (it also depends on the person taking advantage of the gear) whether someone says otherwise, 144hz monitor will always be better than 60hz. Having a good mouse will help, but not so much for keyboards. Good headphones would not help significantly, but it does help.

Sorry for the long wall of text and not properly formatting.

This post has been edited by TPB123: Dec 3 2016, 06:15 PM
SUSSirmacai
post Dec 13 2016, 12:52 PM

Getting Started
229 posts

Just get a good mouse with high dpi and u will fly with the bizon
kuzgo
post Jan 13 2017, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
266 posts

Practice, and most importantly have fun. If you're not having fun it's easy to get stuck because you're over thinking. Just my two cents
theasianguy777
post Feb 26 2017, 07:01 PM

6 posts

One very important thing that no one seem to do...

Listen to your surroundings and for footsteps =.="
ChannelChan
post Mar 31 2017, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

adjust your mouse sensitivity 1.6
kevrichards
post May 3 2017, 09:29 PM

1 posts

learn to control your aim. set your mouse sensitivity. Always aim for the head or leg.
shopgogo
post May 6 2017, 02:40 PM

19 posts

look for youtube videos and watch where the players hide, train your aim and practice more of course!
SusyKiller
post Jul 5 2017, 09:46 PM

0 posts

hmm.gif Practice my friend. A loooot of practice.
However, here is one trick. When you are new to cs:go world you can try at least to use the config setups of pro players.
With time you will understand is it easier for you to play with them or not.
For now you can try at least the setups of famous players like KennyS setups
He is really cool dude!
Good luck! rclxms.gif thumbup.gif
WeiChan88
post Oct 1 2017, 02:05 AM

5 posts

Practice make perfect!! I have been playing csGO many years and nothing stop me from being discourage whenever I lose....just play until u win and u will master it overtime....its something I'm good at most of my life !!!
rcmejo
post Oct 18 2017, 10:40 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(nikzaim @ Jun 10 2015, 06:42 PM)
HELLO!!!
Can someone give any tips, info to be good on csgo??
I literraly am noob in  csgo right now because i wasn't able to scored many points like my glory days of cs1.6(lol)

I saw some tips in internet where they ask you to change ur screen to 4:3 and weird enough is taht all of these pro players(international) got low sens which is rediculous to aim if u knwo what i mean!!!!
Play everyday until you master it! LOL
Kuhalquil
post Oct 26 2017, 08:20 AM

2 posts

have a good grasp of the situation, try to keep calm and don't rush into enemy quarters
ahmy
post Dec 8 2017, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(TPB123 @ Dec 3 2016, 03:20 PM)
It always comes down to practice. First of all, train your map awareness. By knowning maps, you would improve because you know where to position yourself according to the situation. Muscle memory really helps, practicing dm, aim maps, etc, you would get used to placing your crosshair head level and able to pratice your flicks which is useful in situations where the enemy catches you off guard. Know your weapon's recoil patterns. Mentality. Mentality is another key factor in how you perform. Try your best not to start tilting if youre losing, always focus on winning and if you lose? Always keep a positive mindset, if you cant, take a break. Being positive to your teammates is important as well. If your teammates are doing bad, always give them confidence it helps alot because they may be having a bad day/game. CSGO at the end of the day, is a team game.

I was GE but currently unranked due to not playing for a month because of exams.

One last thing to note. Gear does make you better (it also depends on the person taking advantage of the gear)  whether someone says otherwise, 144hz monitor will always be better than 60hz. Having a good mouse will help, but not so much for keyboards. Good headphones would not help significantly, but it does help.

Sorry for the long wall of text and not properly formatting.
wow GE, help me senpai how to reach that rank. My only highest rank can go only MG, using 400 mouse DPI and 2.2 ingame sensitivity. Hardly to turn 180 because of using small mousepad (qck mini cry.gif ).
I think if you queue up with good teammates would be better and enjoy the game rather than going solo. I always play with my friends that that i can rely on smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:58 PM