Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

incredibless
post Jun 1 2021, 10:49 AM

Casual
418 posts

hi aircond sifu and expert. I am planning to move in my house soon and would need some of your advice on aircond. Currently, I had narrowed down to two brands of aircond namely Panasonic & Sharp. I am contemplation whether should I use fully inverter or mix with non inverter. My plan is to install for Living Room & Masterroom only.

Between both models which of you have experience/current using is ookay? since price is more or less similar.
1. Panasonic X-Premium Inverter R32 Series
2. Sharp R32 Inverter Plasmacluster Air Cond

Usage of aircond [can say heavy]
1. Master-room [10pm to 6am] -Mon-Sun
2. Livingroom [12pm-6pm] - Weekends / and occasionally weekdays if work from home.

My plan is to mix installation
1. Master-room - 1 hp a/c Inverter [15ft x 15ft]
2. Living room - Non Inverter 2hp a/c [covers approx 15ft x 35ft]

Which of the above is likely suitable? Prefers energy savings for long term usage.

or both inverter? hmm.gif
incredibless
post Jun 1 2021, 11:32 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jun 1 2021, 11:03 AM)
If your place is a house and not a condo, consider spliting the living unit to 2 units 1.5hp for faster and evenly cooling. Thereafter you you can switch off 1 unit.

If yours is a condo, ODU maybe a problem due to space.
thank you for your kind reply. mine is house. About inverter and non inverter would that be alot difference in saving given the usual
usage i had shared? hmm.gif
incredibless
post Jun 1 2021, 10:34 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Jun 1 2021, 09:59 PM)
It depends on the usage pattern.
If user use as 16C freezer ("near impossible" target temp) no diff between NON or INV.  laugh.gif
If user use at 25-27C achievable temp then yes inverter will save after it has achieved target temp.  icon_idea.gif

INV can cool faster if the unit has turbo capacity.
So for your case INV will save power if you do not run it at 16C all the time.
For living room INV 2hp still better..that 500 bucks difference in TNB bill can recover quite fast as bigger hp does use more electricity.

Lapsapda pricing:
2hp
AHX18VED 18K (5450-18760) btu RM2,287.00
X-Deluxe CS-XPU18WKH-1 19,000 (3,750-21,200) btu RM2,650.00
btwn the two they will work fine for normal sensible temp; but if ULTIMATE 16C FREEZER needed then get the pana coz btu spec higher.

for the 1hp one AHX9VED or CS-XPU10WKH (9700btu class) will work fine.
Ultimate spec can take a look at Hitachi RAS-SX10CJ (this one heavier coils in the ODU), clearance stocks RM1,799.00 for the bedroom https://www.lazada.com.my/products/hitachi-...4507648510.html
Wow thanks alot for your kind reply. For usage average temperature will be around 22-24c so i think better than nothing right for Inverter vs Non Inverter. Just wondering is it really save a big differences. In terms of brand any comments on Sharp and Panasonic aside from BTU? hmm.gif
incredibless
post Oct 26 2021, 02:54 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Oct 17 2021, 09:37 PM)
I hear Daikin not good already....but not sure how true. Another brand I heard is good is Mitsubishi hmm.gif
Panasonic is top selection even most of the shops are out of stock that I asked for. Alternatively, you can consider Sharp. For the similar priced non-inverter Panasonic 1hp, you can consider Sharp 1hp inverter with a 5-star rating.
incredibless
post Nov 15 2021, 02:27 PM

Casual
418 posts

Hi all, Have a few questions when comes to Aircond fan speed. Usually which speed do you all use? Fan auto and let the blower decide or Fix at 1 fan speed level? Is there any difference when comes to inverter and non-inverter in the fan speed setting?

1. For my living room, im using 2hp non-inverter and set to auto fan speed but the fan seem to be high power all the time and not as cold as if i set at speed 1 or 2.

Which will reduce electricity consumption better?

incredibless
post Dec 15 2021, 07:30 AM

Casual
418 posts

Hi just asking those who using pana inverter with nano. I notice the strange behavior of this ac. Every morning when i wake up the aircond flap at half open position with nano blue indicator on. I do set timer so it turn off but weird is the flap is half open. Aint it suppose to fully close? Need to turn off and on to close it.
incredibless
post Jan 15 2022, 02:09 AM

Casual
418 posts

For those who are using Pana X-Deluxe model. Do you guys face the cooling not as good as regular non inverter units? I have one 1.5hp and in terms of cooling with temp 23-24c and fan speed 2bars. The cooling is just so so vs my another 1hp regular non inverter pana where 24/25c can feel the coldness already. Any idea?
incredibless
post Jan 15 2022, 05:06 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jan 15 2022, 06:00 AM)
Firstly, since both are different hp, I believed the room size is also different. The 1.5 could be in an open space and the 1 hp in an enclosed room.

Secondly, is possible the 1.5 hp is undersized to room space. So the ac cannot achieved the 'set' temperature.

Thirdy, the right way to know the temperature is to use a thermometer. Place 1 in each room and away from the blower direction.
Yes. Both are two different area the 1.5hp is in the master room and 1hp is in back room. Since is already install, what are the ways to make it cool? I notice is when upon turn on before sleep i feel is cooling but after midnight 3-4pm the aircond blower stops and this is where i feel hot.😅. Can i Dail the temperature lower? Increase the fan speed? 🤔 if colder that would defeat the purpose of energy savings.
incredibless
post Jan 15 2022, 08:50 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jan 15 2022, 05:54 PM)
Does the cooling mode restarts after sometime or it remains the same till you off ?
I didnt really take note but if i adjust the temperature from 24 to 23c then the blower starts again. Otherwise it just maintain without any blower sound.
incredibless
post Jan 16 2022, 07:15 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jan 15 2022, 10:48 PM)
I suspect it could be copper / room sensor problem. If you know diy, then unplug the sensor pin from the module and plug in again to try. Otherwise, you need to call the technician.

[attachmentid=11076677]
Thanks. You mean i just remove and plug back the sensor pin? I think I roughly know what u mean is easily seen from the coil right? Standard size? Can i get your number? 😃If u can guide me would be great.

This post has been edited by incredibless: Jan 16 2022, 07:51 AM
incredibless
post Feb 21 2022, 04:05 PM

Casual
418 posts

I notice the Panasonic 3.0hp aircond the power supply is outdoor vs 2.0,2.5hp is indoor. Does it mean if want to install 3.0hp the power has to be from main point? The socket cannot be use directly? 🤔
incredibless
post Mar 30 2022, 09:28 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Mar 30 2022, 06:01 PM)
Ouch. Mine is exactly same as yours. The piping is one size bigger than what is required. Mine is 1.5hp but using 2.0hp piping. I thought of futureproof because currently I install for my tenant and I’ll be installing 2.0hp in the future for myself.

And the boss told me inverter has humming jet sound is normal?
I am using Panasonic Inverter and Sharp Inverter. The humming jet-like sound is normal as it is more apparent on the Sharp unit when I switch on. The fan will run at high speed along with plane/jet sound at high pitch. For the Panasonic similar sound but more tone down.
incredibless
post Mar 31 2022, 09:40 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Mar 31 2022, 12:17 AM)
Should have gone for the Pana 1.5hp that use 2.0 piping (12.7mm). There's one model I saw on Pana website.
Inverter *(in Aircon) should not whine.
Yup.. our inverters (mitsu and hitachi) just have wind sound at ODU. No whining wheeeee sound at the IDU (its not supposed to do the whine like industrial use inverters)
Your sharp is 4star or 5star ST model?
Inverters/VFD have different grades  brows.gif
My sharp is the 5 start ST model series. Any differences between these? Rate kwh is 781 for this model
incredibless
post Jul 17 2022, 12:41 PM

Casual
418 posts

Hi. Anyone using panasonic x-deluxe inverter series? I have one 1.5hp in masterroom and i notice during midnight the room will not be so cold as initial start up. First few hours, i can feel the room is cold but during midnight when sleeping my wife and i feel is warm. I notice the compressor fan run slowly and sometime it stops then continue back in slow mode. Is there any issue or normal behaviour of this x-deluxe inverter aircond?🤔 temperature set is 23-25c with ceiling fan on speed 2

For my another panasonic non inverter unit 1hp and sharp inverter , the coldness is chilly cold even can feel it when open the door and stays the same until next morning.🤔

This post has been edited by incredibless: Jul 17 2022, 12:43 PM
incredibless
post Jul 23 2022, 11:21 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(lamemanlayman @ Jul 22 2022, 02:16 PM)
With modern panasonics, that would happen if you have econavi on. The aircond would also raise temperature if you put it on sleep mode. Is it possible you have on either of these?
The setting is normal. no econavi or eco mode being used. Just switch on and let it run. The less cold feeling occur around midnight while I am not sure if its related to the outdoor compressor fan speed is more slower than initial startup. If so, i think is energy saving...?
incredibless
post Aug 8 2022, 11:06 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Aug 4 2022, 10:29 PM)
I hate to admit this, but from experience it is true. Panasonic skew towards power savings so it is never as cold as Daikin, even when I set the setting to max on remote..its still hesitant to cool. Like, I set max fan, 17C the air con is like "you sure you want so cold meh? eh it use a lot electricity, come I slow down a bit save some energy". I am like.. eh hello, I want max cooling you give me max cooling la.

Limpeh using 2HP inverter Pana in bedroom. Based on measurement of room size & height actually 1.5HP enough. Now 2HP inverter Pana, just ngam ngam only.

Midea cheap and easy to spoil and parts? In 2015 I got MSN-09CRDN1 inverter models, 3 units used heavily because all in bedroom, until today no issues.. except workmanship not good the thing leak gas for 1 unit. Not the a/c's fault.

But best bang for the buck, HISENSE. If you want the most basic non-inverter aircon, limpeh will recommend Hisense over any Pana and any Daikin. The Japanese very expensive.

EDIT: Limpeh got Daikin, York (old cooling king good, current China mari Johnson control is rubbish), Hisense, Midea, Mitsu Electric, Pana -- love hate relationship with Pana.
I have to agree that for latest Panasonic models the cooling effect is not as cold as Daikin as I compare to my house with non-inverter panasonic 2hp. High fan speed and temperature even at 20-22, the coldness still cannot match Daikin at same configurations. Daikin really makes you chilly cold where I think it is more suitable for large spaces living hall as it give a more consistent cooling vs Panasonic. I do have one Sharp 1hp for my working room where I feel the cooling is much faster than Panasonic inverter series. The temperature can go very cold and breezy unlike Daikin freezingly cold.

Thus, in terms of cooling I would rate [Daikin> Sharp > Panasonic] but in terms of BTU for 2hp above, Panasonic is slightly higher on paper.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0332sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:46 PM