Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

firewir3
post Aug 12 2022, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

Wanna ask is it ok to install inverter type air cond in living room where it is open space ?
firewir3
post Aug 12 2022, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(SIEWBAO @ Aug 12 2022, 10:48 AM)
Im not sure but usually we turn on living room aircond for short period only rite? Im going to install the cassette-type in the living room, i guess will go for non-inverter 1.
Yeah , usually turn on for short period for living room but the air-cond point and pipping is done by developer is wall mount , my concern it won't save energy using inverter type in open space right?and thank you for your suggestion for using cassette-type is another good alternative.
firewir3
post Aug 12 2022, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(SIEWBAO @ Aug 12 2022, 10:48 AM)
Im not sure but usually we turn on living room aircond for short period only rite? Im going to install the cassette-type in the living room, i guess will go for non-inverter 1.
*double post

This post has been edited by firewir3: Aug 12 2022, 06:29 PM
firewir3
post Sep 6 2022, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(davidlow7 @ Aug 12 2022, 07:57 PM)
I would use inverter for all my aircon especially for the open space and high horsepower aircon - going against the narrative of so-called 6hours only start cooling bullshit. IF you know how the electric consumption works and setting the aircon temperature correctly (25c to 27c) would actually help you to avoid high bills. The reason is living room aircon has high horsepower which consumes around 8A so I find using it correctly, you will see inverter being more beneficial.

Inverter aircon 2.5hp if you spec the horsepower correctly it would maintain as low as around 1A power consumption in cooling the space where as a non-inverter would run at around 8A-0A-8A-0A-8A for few minutes each - if you are setting the temperature unrealistically (usually below 20c) then chances is your aircon will be consuming 2.5hp at 8A all the way until you off because it is almost non-impossible to achieve in our M'sia climate unless you are in Cameron Highland or Genting Highland.

Likewise if your aircon is not in good condition you tend to set 20c just to achieve just 25c then you are likely to suffer a high bill because your compressor would also run 9A all the way,, regardless it is inverter or not inverter.

Once it is closed to the set temperature/or already reached the consumption will drop in stages. So if your room temperature is 29c and you set 25c... by less than 1hour if it reaches around 27c the consumption would reduce by probably 40% and then once it reaches the set temperature (at per your remote setting) then it would start reduce to very low just to maintain the cooling. Setting a lower temperature means it takes longer time to achieve, but setting to an unrealistic temperature it means you are rather off using a non-inverter.
Inverter is like you are getting a strong muscular man who can adjust his strength to pick up item that weights 0.1kg to 100kg item, so he has more juice to do more.
Non-inverter is like a robot who are set to pick up an item up to 100kg at a fixed strength 10 times - regardless of how heavy the items it can only do just 10 times and no more.

Though trust me - if you ask most aircon guys nowadays they will all ask you to take non-inverter cause it is easier at their end to sell, but when you ask further they will just tell you the narrative bullshits. End of the day it is always up to you as a buyer to decide.

But most importantly, SPEC your horsepower correctly - use calculation, not use feel. Btu going extra even to 30% or more is okay because it would allow your compressor to cut off longer to save electricity... an inverter would benefit from this. Don't spec ngam ngam - your running cost can easily outspend your savings for a lower hp aircon.

It is actually too complicated to explain all here but I do find that this Video is beneficial - and you can see how inverter aircon works. (Many may find him cocky but what he does is practical, and based on real-life consumption).
What I want to highlight is that his reference of 10,000btu to 1hp is not really accurate - once you done the calculation to get the BTU, then you just need to look at the manufacture spec based on the horsepower&btu - remember do not spec less, or even ngam ngam.. it is good to go extra even if the aircon is abit more costly.

Happy spending.

Cheers

user posted image
Thank you so much for your details reply but how about I saw those inverter model come with 4 star and 5 star energy rating will it be alot of saving with the difference of 1 star? because Im seeing Daikin and Panasoni model where 4star will be cheaper around RM250 compare with 5 star energy rating will it worth it?

Thank you in advance
firewir3
post Sep 19 2022, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Sep 19 2022, 05:59 PM)
i asked my aircond service guy....panasonic still okay because parts all easier to find if got problem...
but i was comparing with Sharp also....Sharp technology about same as panasonic but cheaper...

then again..i read around user feedbacks, panasonic tends to cool slower...

end of the day... i still stick with panasonic...
Yes , after reading recent reply mostly recommended Daikin for fast cooling compare to panasonic but I was comparing model for

1.0HP
1. Daikin FTKF(wifi) - rm1499 - 4 star energy saving
2. Panasonic Standard Inverter(PU series no wifi)- rm1499 - 4star energy saving
3. Panasonic X-Deluxe(wifi) - rm1699 - 5 star energy saving

Im in dilemma now on which to choose as I need 2unit of 1.0hp , 2 unit of 1.5hp and 2 unit of 2.0hp initially i wanted to go for Daikin FTKF model as my budget was between that range but it only have 4 star energy savings as most recommended 5 star energy saving.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2193sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 07:50 PM