Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

spreeeee
post Mar 28 2018, 04:28 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Mar 19 2018, 11:13 AM)
RM80 is useless. You can do that cleaning everymonth.

Just go for RM180 for once every 2yrs or 1yrs if usage is high.
i was wrong, rm160 is for r32/r22 type, for r410 it is rm220.
so, is rm220 is still expensive?
1.5hp non-inverter..
ozak
post Mar 28 2018, 04:35 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Mar 28 2018, 04:28 PM)
1.5hp non-inverter..
Look expensive.

Price shouldn't different with the gas. Aircon with any gas have no different for service.

Gas is option if require top up.
spreeeee
post Mar 28 2018, 04:37 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Mar 28 2018, 04:35 PM)
Look expensive.

Price shouldn't different with the gas. Aircon with any gas have no different for service.

Gas is option if require top up.
how it should works for gas refill? isn't it needed to be filled in on each service? chemical wash will dismantle the whole AC unit..
ozak
post Mar 28 2018, 05:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Mar 28 2018, 04:37 PM)
how it should works for gas refill? isn't it needed to be filled in on each service? chemical wash will dismantle the whole AC unit..
No. Aircon don't need to be refill the gas when service.

If require refill each time, that mean some leak in the gas line. And it is a scam if tell you require to refill each time.

My aircon for 9yrs never been refill before even take down for service many time. Just check for me the gas pressure.

SUSslimey
post Mar 28 2018, 07:23 PM

6,914 posts

dismantle?
totally removing the indoor unit from the wall?

that will cause more harm in the long run.

anyway.........even if they dismantle there is a trick to no refill gas. they can use the compressor like a vacuum to seal the gas back into the compressor. yes in the long run if done many times will harm the compressor also. after cleaning mount back, vacuum and release gas from compressor.

i will never trust any aircon service that dismantle whole indoor unit for "service".
and i will not trust any aircon man that release gas directly into the atmosphere.
spreeeee
post Mar 28 2018, 09:11 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ Mar 28 2018, 07:23 PM)
dismantle?

anyway.........even if they  dismantle there is a trick to no refill gas. they can use the compressor like a vacuum to seal the gas back into the compressor. yes in the long run if done many times will harm the compressor also. after cleaning mount back, vacuum and release gas from compressor.

i will never trust any aircon service that dismantle whole indoor unit for "service".
and i will not trust any aircon man that release gas directly into the atmosphere.
Yah, that was what said deep detailed chemical wash.
halcyon27
post Mar 28 2018, 10:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Mar 28 2018, 04:28 PM)
1.5hp non-inverter..
R410 is 50% R32 and 50% flame retardant of at least 2 ingredients total of 3 gaseous compound. That's why it should be pricier.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Mar 28 2018, 10:46 PM
oyching88
post Mar 28 2018, 11:02 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Mar 27 2018, 10:10 PM)
That's what is use to measure how fast an inverter's difference in acquisition cost is recouped vs a non inverter.  Actually already saved when using as it's consumption is halved or 60% less so long as it's spec correctly. Typically, priority is bedroom. Living hall where time is mostly spent in the home can be expensive to justify even when size correctly as the cooling load is higher...the room typically consists of living and dining area with leakages to upstairs and the kitchen for double storey home.
Thanks for the clarification, i was looking at Midea Daikin & Mitsubishi.
Seems not much place selling Mitsubishi and i heard the spare parts are exp.
For Daikin is abit pricey than Midea but the it's cooling is faster, am i correct?
Some salesman say avoid LG as always got issue. In dilemma of choosing AC, it's harder than choosing TV rclxub.gif
SUSslimey
post Mar 29 2018, 12:59 AM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(oyching88 @ Mar 28 2018, 11:02 PM)
For Daikin is abit pricey than Midea but the it's cooling is faster, am i correct?
Some salesman say avoid LG as always got issue. In dilemma of choosing AC, it's harder than choosing TV rclxub.gif
just refer to the BTU/hour.
ozak
post Mar 29 2018, 11:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

Here is the detail how they service.

Before take down the indoor unit for cleaning,
1) Run the aircon.
2) outdoor unit put a pressure gauge to monitor the gas pressure at the valve side.
3) Slowly turn off the valve till the pressure gauge show 0 when the aircon run. The purpose is to let the compressor pump the gas back to the outdoor unit and till no more gas in the indoor unit and the piping. Turn off the valve not to let the gas out. Hence, keep the gas on the outdoor unit.
4) Than turn off the aircon, unplug the piping and take down for thoroughly clean.
5) Finish cleaning, put back everything.
6) Open back the valve and run the aircon. Monitor the gas pressure is enough or not. If the gas remain between the spec, no top up is require.

So there is no gas lost or whatever during service.

The indoor unit have to be take down for thoroughly cleaning. Without taken down, the evaporator and the fan cage cannot be clean completely.

How you going to flush the dirt with water when the aircon still hang on top in your room ?
spreeeee
post Mar 29 2018, 11:56 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ Mar 28 2018, 07:23 PM)
dismantle?

anyway.........even if they  dismantle there is a trick to no refill gas. they can use the compressor like a vacuum to seal the gas back into the compressor. yes in the long run if done many times will harm the compressor also. after cleaning mount back, vacuum and release gas from compressor.

as what mentioned by ozak at post #5916, indoor unit should be taken down to wash.. wonder how it can harm (the unit or compressor) in long run?
SUSslimey
post Mar 29 2018, 12:24 PM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Mar 29 2018, 11:56 AM)
as what mentioned by ozak at post #5916, indoor unit should be taken down to wash.. wonder how it can harm (the unit or compressor) in long run?
no need. just hand a stainless steel basin pan that is hooked to a flexible drainage pipe.
then use a water pump/compressor to spray. just make sure the electrical is covered up with some plastic. remove the plastic cover and the filter. remove the gutter or the gutter drainage pipe.

spray the bottom cross flow fan then spray the evaporator coil.

i use karcher k2.420 to clean the aircon.

similar with outdoor unit. just spray the condensor coil. try avoid directly spray the fan. that's all.

how harm compressor........well, the compressor is not designed to run with the valve closed. also, there will always be compressor oil losses during the dismantling. and more foreign particle will enter the piping system. the copper pipes will become thinner each time the flare nut is screw on and off. eventually will spring a leak there in the future.

not to mention those aircon ppl will tend to have screws missing and damaged fins/cross fan after "service".

This post has been edited by slimey: Mar 29 2018, 12:26 PM
forever1979
post Mar 29 2018, 07:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,716 posts

any shop in kl that are selling air cond with good price ?
looking 4 units of Daikin or Panasonic
joelriez
post Mar 30 2018, 06:14 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

SHARP is doing promotion for their anniversary, thinking to get the AHXP13UHD1.5HP & AHXP24UHD2.5HP. Link SHARP hmm.gif

Any LYN forumers is currently using or have any experience with SHARP A/C ?
lasynergy
post Mar 31 2018, 11:12 AM

1 posts

Hi, so I just moved into my new place and am looking for an air conditioner that has a good quality and of course fast cooling in this Malaysian weather….any suggestions?
Louischanmax
post Mar 31 2018, 11:14 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(lasynergy @ Mar 31 2018, 11:12 AM)
Hi, so I just moved into my new place and am looking for an air conditioner that has a good quality and of course fast cooling in this Malaysian weather….any suggestions?
You should consider Daikin. If you really want fast cooling, they’re an expert at it. They may be a bit on the high side in terms of price but they’re after sales service counters it and it’s honestly great!
Louischanmax
post Mar 31 2018, 11:16 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(oyching88 @ Mar 28 2018, 11:02 PM)

Daikin! Been using it for the 5th year now and the air-cond still remains good! You will have to take care of it of course…but yea you wont really have to worry about the cooling part as they’re really the best
Bestsolution
post Mar 31 2018, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(forever1979 @ Mar 29 2018, 07:50 PM)
any shop in kl that are selling air cond with good price ?
looking 4 units of Daikin or Panasonic
I’ve tried Panasonic before and at first it seemed fine until after the warranty period….the service was just so terrible. So I suggest maybe you should consider the next best option which is Daikin, I heard they have really good after sales service. You can buy it at wholesale which give you better rate but you have to find installer.. some wholesale like HoCooling, Giancity also okay..
forever1979
post Apr 1 2018, 03:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,716 posts

QUOTE(Bestsolution @ Mar 31 2018, 11:26 AM)
I’ve tried Panasonic before and at first it seemed fine until after the warranty period….the service was just so terrible. So I suggest maybe you should consider the next best option which is Daikin, I heard they have really good after sales service. You can buy it at wholesale which give you better rate but you have to find installer..  some wholesale like HoCooling, Giancity also okay..
noted. i just bought

1HP of Daikin is RM1090 includes installation. i think is reasonable.
DTorons
post Apr 1 2018, 09:57 AM

21 posts

Hi sifus. Midea and Hisense are for sure affordable brands in the market. But are they reliable? Kindly advise.

631 Pages « < 293 294 295 296 297 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:49 AM