Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

337 Pages « < 285 286 287 288 289 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

ozak
post Jan 13 2018, 09:09 AM

10k Club
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(zeefri @ Jan 4 2018, 02:23 PM)
Idk if anybody already asked the same question but I have to wonder whether it consumes lots of electricity when we put AC on standby? Because I already set the ON timer and OFF timer settings so I rarely touched the remote control let alone turn off the main switch.

What do you guys think?
It will consume some energy. Depend the maker. You can find out this information in the manual.

Some as high as 1 light bulb wattage.
orangutan
post Jan 13 2018, 01:16 PM

On my way

Just want to share, I recently bought a Midea Aircond 1.5hp . It's very cold and been using it for about 2 months.

Lately, some strange noice appeared. It sounded like someone jentik/flick on a piece of plastic. At first it was sporadic and the frequency increases over time.

Last night, it happened every 1 minute or so. rclxub.gif

I got so worried and took a look at the blower, took off and wash the filter. Put it back and strangely, the sound disappeared! rclxub.gif

I must admit that the filter was covered with dust.

I googled but cannot find any information on this so I'm just putting it here.
VeeJay
post Jan 13 2018, 07:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(orangutan @ Jan 13 2018, 01:16 PM)
Just want to share, I recently bought a Midea Aircond 1.5hp . It's very cold and been using it for about 2 months.

Lately, some strange noice appeared. It sounded like someone jentik/flick on a piece of plastic. At first it was sporadic and the frequency increases over time.

Last night, it happened every 1 minute or so.  rclxub.gif

I got so worried and took a look at the blower, took off and wash the filter. Put it back and strangely, the sound disappeared!  rclxub.gif 

I must admit that the filter was covered with dust.

I googled but cannot find any information on this so I'm just putting it here.
Could have been the filter originally was not sitting on its groove correctly, reinserting back may have fix it. Monitor it couple of days, if no clicking sound...then all is good! smile.gif
okuribito
post Jan 17 2018, 12:10 PM

Enthusiast

Appreciate some advice from aircon sifus and enthusiasts. Looking to replace 20 yearold aircons in my 20-something floor apartment.

Was told that because aircons nowadays use different gas that operate under higher pressure, I won't be able to use the existing concealed piping. Was told new piping need to be laid. The installer suggested installing at the balcony & running the copper pipes/wiring as shown in the attached drawing.

Normally, I see that the piping with the black foam insulation runs on the exterior wall. But because the installer says it's to dangerous to instal outside, he suggest this. I notice many right angle turns in the piping to go around the pillar and the walls - Will that be a problem?

Also, it is ugly and not ideal. I'm also afraid if later got leakage or condensation on the pipes that run inside Room 1 to Room 2's blower? What's the best trunking material to conceal the ugly pipe? Since this is a low value rental unit, I dun want to spend on plaster ceiling .

Another question, so far the original concealed water outlet has not given any problems & installer suggest use back the old water outlet. To be safe, is there anything I can ask them to do to make sure no blockage? Does jelly accumulate in the water outlet and if so how to get rid of jelly?

Also appreciate suggestions on cheap & reliable 1 hp models, hopefully with silent compressor operation.

Thanks

ps:
compressors will be mounted at a level higher than the blowers
green = walls & one big ass pillar between living & Room 1
red = piping between compressor & blower units

user posted image

This post has been edited by okuribito: Jan 17 2018, 12:13 PM
halcyon27
post Jan 17 2018, 02:21 PM

Regular

QUOTE(okuribito @ Jan 17 2018, 12:10 PM)
Appreciate some advice from aircon sifus and enthusiasts. Looking to replace 20 yearold aircons in my 20-something floor apartment.

Was told that because aircons nowadays use different gas that operate under higher pressure, I won't be able to use the existing concealed piping. Was told new piping need to be laid. The installer suggested installing at the balcony & running the copper pipes/wiring as shown in the attached drawing.

Normally, I see that the piping with the black foam insulation runs on the exterior wall. But because the installer says it's to dangerous to instal outside, he suggest this. I notice many right angle turns in the piping to go around the pillar and the walls - Will that be a problem?

Also, it is ugly and not ideal. I'm also afraid if later got leakage or condensation on the pipes that run inside Room 1 to Room 2's blower? What's the best trunking material to conceal the ugly pipe? Since this is a low value rental unit, I dun want to spend on plaster ceiling .

Another question, so far the original concealed water outlet has not given any problems & installer suggest use back the old water outlet. To be safe, is there anything I can ask them to do to make sure no blockage? Does jelly accumulate in the water outlet and if so how to get rid of jelly?

Also appreciate suggestions on cheap & reliable 1 hp models, hopefully with silent compressor operation.

Thanks

ps:
compressors will be mounted at a level higher than the blowers
green = walls & one big ass pillar between living & Room 1
red = piping between compressor & blower units

user posted image
Where were the old compressors placed? See this post.
okuribito
post Jan 18 2018, 11:11 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Jan 17 2018, 02:21 PM)
Where were the old compressors placed? See this post.
Thanks. The old compressors in drying area - if i extend upwards the diagram posted, there's a corridor & a bathroom between the drying area and these 2 rooms.

So if lay new piping and cabling, need to punch hole through 4 walls (drying area >> bathroom >> corridor >> rooms 1 & 2). Also hv to redo suspended ceiling in bathroom. And trunking visible in corridor & inside room 1 got builtin cupboards b4 blower location. So headache!

Thank you for that link. Seems no need thicker pipes, right? But that post also suggest laying new pipes embedded into walls ie very messy reno job which i can't afford because got tenants living there.

Is it advisable to use the old concealed pipes? What must the installer do if use the old concealed pipes? Pressure test to check leaks? Vacuum kaw kaw kaw kaw as the post suggested?

btw, I think the 2 rooms only need 1hp units. Only 125sqft & south facing windows.

edit: distance of (drying area >> bathroom >> corridor >> rooms 1 & 2) about 30-40ft & turn here turn there

This post has been edited by okuribito: Jan 18 2018, 11:19 AM
halcyon27
post Jan 18 2018, 02:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE(okuribito @ Jan 18 2018, 11:11 AM)
Thanks. The old compressors in drying area - if i extend upwards the diagram posted, there's a corridor & a bathroom between the drying area and these 2 rooms.

So if lay new piping and cabling, need to punch hole through 4 walls (drying area >> bathroom >> corridor >> rooms 1 & 2). Also hv to redo suspended ceiling in bathroom. And trunking visible in corridor & inside room 1 got builtin cupboards b4 blower location. So headache!

Thank you for that link. Seems no need thicker pipes, right? But that post also suggest laying new pipes embedded into walls ie very messy reno job which i can't afford because got tenants living there.

Is it advisable to use the old concealed pipes? What must the installer do if use the old concealed pipes? Pressure test to check leaks? Vacuum kaw kaw kaw kaw as the post suggested?

btw, I think the 2 rooms only need 1hp units. Only 125sqft & south facing windows.

edit: distance of (drying area >> bathroom >> corridor >> rooms 1 & 2) about 30-40ft & turn here turn there
New development or landed where pipes can be easily removed should always go for individually insulated piping. Condos are trickier especially when tier are existing pipes laid unless exposed PVC casements are used and the pipes are easy to remove.

Based on the posting, reusing old pipes is ok so long the necessary precautions are taken. What is different is that the pipes offer a lower margin of safety. Leak test and pipe purge are needed as the R410a compressor oil could be incompatible with what's used before. Some of my AC points are using old piping but they are installed in the early part of the 90s..The pipes are still good and R410a inverters are used. Touch wood they are still working ok.

You may want to have the AC guy inspect the drainage pipe and see if it can be given a once over. No point hacking unless type redoing the toilet. For mould prevention, run the fan for 2 hours before shutting down (use off timer on remote) or in AC equipped with clean mode, it will automatically handle it for you once activated.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jan 18 2018, 02:54 PM
WahBiang
post Jan 19 2018, 09:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Any idea what brand is quieter and more reliable in cooling n durability? budget low, below 1k each for 1HP...
geniousboy
post Jan 19 2018, 09:42 PM

On my way

hi. noob question here (really know nothing about aircon installation).

firstly, what is all this piping? is it for electrical cabling or water drainage or gas or all?
i only know that my house already got ac point prepared by developer.

secondly, currently i just have 1 aircond which i brought from previous house. and i just want to install that 1 aircond plus preparing only the conceal piping for other areas, can i just call aircon guy or i should call contractor who do wall hacking as well?

kindly enlighten me. thank you.
adamw
post Jan 20 2018, 11:45 AM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!

QUOTE(geniousboy @ Jan 19 2018, 09:42 PM)
hi. noob question here (really know nothing about aircon installation).

firstly, what is all this piping? is it for electrical cabling or water drainage or gas or all?
i only know that my house already got ac point prepared by developer.

secondly, currently i just have 1 aircond which i brought from previous house. and i just want to install that 1 aircond plus preparing only the conceal piping for other areas, can i just call aircon guy or i should call contractor who do wall hacking as well?

kindly enlighten me. thank you.
Piping is everything. If you need to conceal the drainage/gas piping/wiring need contractor. Normal AC installer normally only do exposed pipings.
okuribito
post Jan 20 2018, 12:41 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Oct 24 2017, 11:17 AM)
They will just fill it with gas probably nitrogen and seal the pipe under pressure on both ends as it should be when charged with refrigerant and take a reading. Then after two weeks take a reading  to compare with the previous.

Not all would do. I only specified for it on existing embedded piping during renovation.
Is it must do for 2 weeks? minimum?
halcyon27
post Jan 20 2018, 01:10 PM

Regular

QUOTE(okuribito @ Jan 20 2018, 12:41 PM)
Is it must do for 2 weeks? minimum?
That's the protocol.
arju
post Jan 25 2018, 08:58 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

hi sifu, need some help.
in mist to buy aircon.
cassette 3.0HP 30,000btu daikin or acson.

split unit acson or daikin

all non inverter.

tq all for guideance

VeeJay
post Jan 25 2018, 02:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(arju @ Jan 25 2018, 08:58 AM)
hi sifu, need some help.
in mist to buy aircon.
cassette 3.0HP 30,000btu daikin or acson.

split unit acson or daikin

all non inverter.

tq all for guideance
You need to provide further information such as-

application location
area size
the purpose looking for cassette
any plaster ceiling
etc
arju
post Jan 25 2018, 06:04 PM

Getting Started

i mean brand wise. installer said acson same as daikin. choose whichever cheaper. want to ask opinion
VeeJay
post Jan 25 2018, 09:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(arju @ Jan 25 2018, 06:04 PM)
i mean brand wise. installer said acson same as daikin. choose whichever cheaper. want to ask opinion
Yup, Acson is subsidiary of Daikin. I'm not a brand person, will let others to suggest
ac_N1
post Jan 27 2018, 02:01 AM

brotherhood of the leaves

Get quoted RM1769 for Daikin FTK-Q 1.5hp, with 10ft installation. Is the price ok?

This post has been edited by ac_N1: Jan 27 2018, 02:02 AM
hellonajwa
post Jan 27 2018, 09:46 PM

Group: Newbie

Hi

Can someone suggest me where should i put the aircond in both bedroom n living room. l’m planning to do the full height curtain and i not sure whre shud i put them for a good flow. And how much does it cost for 1.0 aircond and 1.5 for living room.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
whitejack
post Jan 28 2018, 09:52 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ac_N1 @ Jan 27 2018, 02:01 AM)
Get quoted RM1769 for Daikin FTK-Q 1.5hp, with 10ft installation. Is the price ok?
you can always check againts Lazada/ 11street / Shopee for the price. Some might be cheaper than yours.
I bought all my units from there.
dkxinj7
post Jan 28 2018, 11:26 AM

Group: Newbie

Hi guys, I'm currently in the midst of installing
2.5hp for hall
1.5hp for master bedroom
1.0hp for small room

Still hesitating between Daikin and LG (all inverter)

I have heard of the recent LG inverter series seem to have a much higher power saving capability than Daikin inverter series.

All the sifu and otai please advise me

337 Pages « < 285 286 287 288 289 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1083sec    5.67    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th December 2018 - 07:45 PM