573 Pages « < 567 568 569 570 571 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

flautist
post Aug 25 2022, 01:02 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

curious when u guys sleep in aircon, do u use quilt? i try use the thinnest ikea quilt but feel damn hot sial... my aircon i put 23C... rclxub.gif
Created On 21/1/2021
post Aug 25 2022, 03:43 PM

Enthusiast
895 posts

QUOTE(flautist @ Aug 25 2022, 01:02 PM)
curious when u guys sleep in aircon, do u use quilt? i try use the thinnest ikea quilt but feel damn hot sial... my aircon i put 23C...  rclxub.gif
Why do you use quilt? Get a towel blanket instead.

I'm using the cooling blanket from Nitori, only turn on the A/C at 25C if the weather is hot.
flautist
post Aug 26 2022, 01:26 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Created On 21/1/2021 @ Aug 25 2022, 03:43 PM)

I'm using the cooling blanket from Nitori, only turn on the A/C at 25C if the weather is hot.
wan to feel like hotel with the white white fluffy quilt ... but i feel not practical or maybe the ikea one is synthetic n kenot breathable hahah... dunno why those hotel one damn comfy n smooth, but oso on aircon 16 degree in hotel la tats why can sleep gua hahah..
livinginchangi P
post Aug 26 2022, 01:53 AM

Probation
9 posts

Is Mitsubishi brand inverter air cond recommended and reliable?
cuttlefish
post Aug 27 2022, 01:19 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(livinginchangi @ Aug 26 2022, 01:53 AM)
Is Mitsubishi brand inverter air cond recommended and reliable?
Mitsubishi Electric and Mitsubishi Heavy Industry are different brands. they do not have any relationship with each other, products and parts are totally different. personally thinks that Mitsubishi Electric is the better brand. it also has 2 years general warranty, and 7 years years compressor warranty for their wall mounted split unit. other Japanese brands usually only offer 1 year general warranty, 5 years compressor warranty
mois
post Aug 27 2022, 02:16 PM

Enemy Territory
3,085 posts

QUOTE(flautist @ Aug 26 2022, 01:26 AM)
wan to feel like hotel with the white white fluffy quilt ... but i feel not practical or maybe the ikea one is synthetic n kenot breathable hahah... dunno why those hotel one damn comfy n smooth, but oso on aircon 16 degree in hotel la tats why can sleep gua hahah..
Correct. Home cant vs hotel since hotel aircon very cold.
andrekua2
post Aug 27 2022, 02:48 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,992 posts

QUOTE(flautist @ Aug 25 2022, 01:02 PM)
curious when u guys sleep in aircon, do u use quilt? i try use the thinnest ikea quilt but feel damn hot sial... my aircon i put 23C...  rclxub.gif
Want to use but wife always pull it away to her side. So end up wife using quilt and Im left with 2 cotton blanket. A/C set at 24C.
flautist
post Aug 28 2022, 12:52 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Aug 27 2022, 02:48 PM)
Want to use but wife always pull it away to her side. So end up wife using quilt and Im left with 2 cotton blanket. A/C set at 24C.
tis one how many horse power your aircon? wat quilt is it? those feather or cotton or wat filling de?
andrekua2
post Aug 28 2022, 12:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,992 posts

QUOTE(flautist @ Aug 28 2022, 12:52 AM)
tis one how many horse power your aircon? wat quilt is it? those feather or cotton or wat filling de?
1hp Samsung inverter. I think the quilt are those fibre filling, not those expensive type. Moreover my room size just 10x12sqft.

Maybe your bedsheets is your problem. Mine are mostly those 280-350 thread counts. Wife did bought a few newer one with 700+ thread counts and seriously hate those. I feel like it's not breathable and stuffy whenever I sleep on the bed. Even sweating on my neck when the pillow case thread counts is those 700+ type.
davidlow7
post Aug 28 2022, 08:07 PM

StageMaster
8,303 posts

Anyone can advise what's the best aircon copper pipe brand?
flautist
post Aug 28 2022, 09:55 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Aug 28 2022, 12:06 PM)
1hp Samsung inverter. I think the quilt are those fibre filling, not those expensive type. Moreover my room size just 10x12sqft.

Maybe your bedsheets is your problem. Mine are mostly those 280-350 thread counts. Wife did bought a few newer one with 700+ thread counts and seriously hate those. I feel like it's not breathable and stuffy whenever I sleep on the bed. Even sweating on my neck when the pillow case thread counts is those 700+ type.
mine not sure .. actually .. i can sleep more cooler with a normal blanket, those tat feel a bit got fleece feel, soft with some texture cheap type.. haha.. dont look like hotel but feel enuff.. and i can even on just fan sometimes too, save elektrik..

i even try to just use the quilt cover from ikea on its own, is enuff for me.. haha. with nothing inside..

never know that 700+ thread count will feel more denser or not breathable!
mazmanms
post Aug 28 2022, 09:59 PM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(Created On 21/1/2021 @ Aug 25 2022, 03:43 PM)

out of topic .. buy curious to know if Nitori cooling blanket helps ?
alphacross
post Sep 2 2022, 12:33 PM

27 posts

any sifu can help?

recently my aircon wind not so strong ady, and the aircon guy say need to change the motor.
he say maybe around 500+ to change.

Anyone know anywhere to buy the motor and if can be DIY?

my aircon model is Mitsubishi electric inverter MSY-GE13VA
Max
post Sep 2 2022, 04:06 PM

Regular
1,561 posts

QUOTE(alphacross @ Sep 2 2022, 12:33 PM)
any sifu can help?

recently my aircon wind not so strong ady, and the aircon guy say need to change the motor.
he say maybe around 500+ to change.

Anyone know anywhere to buy the motor and if can be DIY?

my aircon model is Mitsubishi electric inverter MSY-GE13VA
lazada shopee got..
sure can DIY if u r handyman.. most probably just take out, and put new motor.
better still, open and check the motor model 1st.
firewir3
post Sep 6 2022, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(davidlow7 @ Aug 12 2022, 07:57 PM)
I would use inverter for all my aircon especially for the open space and high horsepower aircon - going against the narrative of so-called 6hours only start cooling bullshit. IF you know how the electric consumption works and setting the aircon temperature correctly (25c to 27c) would actually help you to avoid high bills. The reason is living room aircon has high horsepower which consumes around 8A so I find using it correctly, you will see inverter being more beneficial.

Inverter aircon 2.5hp if you spec the horsepower correctly it would maintain as low as around 1A power consumption in cooling the space where as a non-inverter would run at around 8A-0A-8A-0A-8A for few minutes each - if you are setting the temperature unrealistically (usually below 20c) then chances is your aircon will be consuming 2.5hp at 8A all the way until you off because it is almost non-impossible to achieve in our M'sia climate unless you are in Cameron Highland or Genting Highland.

Likewise if your aircon is not in good condition you tend to set 20c just to achieve just 25c then you are likely to suffer a high bill because your compressor would also run 9A all the way,, regardless it is inverter or not inverter.

Once it is closed to the set temperature/or already reached the consumption will drop in stages. So if your room temperature is 29c and you set 25c... by less than 1hour if it reaches around 27c the consumption would reduce by probably 40% and then once it reaches the set temperature (at per your remote setting) then it would start reduce to very low just to maintain the cooling. Setting a lower temperature means it takes longer time to achieve, but setting to an unrealistic temperature it means you are rather off using a non-inverter.
Inverter is like you are getting a strong muscular man who can adjust his strength to pick up item that weights 0.1kg to 100kg item, so he has more juice to do more.
Non-inverter is like a robot who are set to pick up an item up to 100kg at a fixed strength 10 times - regardless of how heavy the items it can only do just 10 times and no more.

Though trust me - if you ask most aircon guys nowadays they will all ask you to take non-inverter cause it is easier at their end to sell, but when you ask further they will just tell you the narrative bullshits. End of the day it is always up to you as a buyer to decide.

But most importantly, SPEC your horsepower correctly - use calculation, not use feel. Btu going extra even to 30% or more is okay because it would allow your compressor to cut off longer to save electricity... an inverter would benefit from this. Don't spec ngam ngam - your running cost can easily outspend your savings for a lower hp aircon.

It is actually too complicated to explain all here but I do find that this Video is beneficial - and you can see how inverter aircon works. (Many may find him cocky but what he does is practical, and based on real-life consumption).
What I want to highlight is that his reference of 10,000btu to 1hp is not really accurate - once you done the calculation to get the BTU, then you just need to look at the manufacture spec based on the horsepower&btu - remember do not spec less, or even ngam ngam.. it is good to go extra even if the aircon is abit more costly.

Happy spending.

Cheers

user posted image
Thank you so much for your details reply but how about I saw those inverter model come with 4 star and 5 star energy rating will it be alot of saving with the difference of 1 star? because Im seeing Daikin and Panasoni model where 4star will be cheaper around RM250 compare with 5 star energy rating will it worth it?

Thank you in advance
davidlow7
post Sep 6 2022, 12:09 PM

StageMaster
8,303 posts

QUOTE(firewir3 @ Sep 6 2022, 11:50 AM)
Thank you so much for your details reply but how about I saw those inverter model come with 4 star and 5 star energy rating will it be alot of saving with the difference of 1 star? because Im seeing Daikin and Panasoni model where 4star will be cheaper around RM250 compare with 5 star energy rating will it worth it?

Thank you in advance
It is hard to comment on price as there are other factors influencing it - brand, materials, supply chain factors etc. I would suggest to be more specific on the models you are looking so you can better compare them based on the papers, and other users' experience.

Also it is worth to note that the "5 Star" of yester-year(s)' models may be "4-star" rated today - and it is just an indicator in term of energy efficiency, and cannot define if the AC is good or not overall, although it is definitely one of the factors.
@r3|4^2
post Sep 6 2022, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(firewir3 @ Sep 6 2022, 11:50 AM)

Thank you in advance
on paper, the consumption for 4/5 stars aircond generally lesser than the rest; but for the same range of HP variant la.
In the end b4 decide to buy anything, just read on the rated consumption (kWh) to give your better comparison despite how many stars it has.

And for your instance, I'll take the 5 stars despite the RM250 difference. Approx within 1~2 years u could recoup it already.

This post has been edited by @r3|4^2: Sep 6 2022, 02:40 PM
sksportcar
post Sep 16 2022, 03:34 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(davidlow7 @ Aug 12 2022, 07:57 PM)
I would use inverter for all my aircon especially for the open space and high horsepower aircon - going against the narrative of so-called 6hours only start cooling bullshit. IF you know how the electric consumption works and setting the aircon temperature correctly (25c to 27c) would actually help you to avoid high bills. The reason is living room aircon has high horsepower which consumes around 8A so I find using it correctly, you will see inverter being more beneficial.

Inverter aircon 2.5hp if you spec the horsepower correctly it would maintain as low as around 1A power consumption in cooling the space where as a non-inverter would run at around 8A-0A-8A-0A-8A for few minutes each - if you are setting the temperature unrealistically (usually below 20c) then chances is your aircon will be consuming 2.5hp at 8A all the way until you off because it is almost non-impossible to achieve in our M'sia climate unless you are in Cameron Highland or Genting Highland.

Likewise if your aircon is not in good condition you tend to set 20c just to achieve just 25c then you are likely to suffer a high bill because your compressor would also run 9A all the way,, regardless it is inverter or not inverter.

Once it is closed to the set temperature/or already reached the consumption will drop in stages. So if your room temperature is 29c and you set 25c... by less than 1hour if it reaches around 27c the consumption would reduce by probably 40% and then once it reaches the set temperature (at per your remote setting) then it would start reduce to very low just to maintain the cooling. Setting a lower temperature means it takes longer time to achieve, but setting to an unrealistic temperature it means you are rather off using a non-inverter.
Inverter is like you are getting a strong muscular man who can adjust his strength to pick up item that weights 0.1kg to 100kg item, so he has more juice to do more.
Non-inverter is like a robot who are set to pick up an item up to 100kg at a fixed strength 10 times - regardless of how heavy the items it can only do just 10 times and no more.

Though trust me - if you ask most aircon guys nowadays they will all ask you to take non-inverter cause it is easier at their end to sell, but when you ask further they will just tell you the narrative bullshits. End of the day it is always up to you as a buyer to decide.

But most importantly, SPEC your horsepower correctly - use calculation, not use feel. Btu going extra even to 30% or more is okay because it would allow your compressor to cut off longer to save electricity... an inverter would benefit from this. Don't spec ngam ngam - your running cost can easily outspend your savings for a lower hp aircon.

It is actually too complicated to explain all here but I do find that this Video is beneficial - and you can see how inverter aircon works. (Many may find him cocky but what he does is practical, and based on real-life consumption).
What I want to highlight is that his reference of 10,000btu to 1hp is not really accurate - once you done the calculation to get the BTU, then you just need to look at the manufacture spec based on the horsepower&btu - remember do not spec less, or even ngam ngam.. it is good to go extra even if the aircon is abit more costly.

Happy spending.

Cheers

user posted image
Tips to save ac electricity bill:
1. Choose right ac hp/btu for your room size. I prefer to add more 0.5hp.
2. Inverter 5 star energy rating
3. Never ever set temperature below 24 degree celcius
4. Always cleaning the ac filter at least 1x per month
5. Always service ac at least 1x per year

I use 2hp Panasonic X-Premium model. Inverter 5 star energy rating. My room 15ftx15ftx10ft only needed 1.5hp but I go for 2hp. Set temperature 27 degree celcius. 18hrs-20hrs per day bill only RM100.00-RM130.00 per month.
al_madd
post Sep 17 2022, 03:12 PM

Regular
1,287 posts

Initially want to buy gree R32 non inverter..however price a bit high 1k++

Try this samsung r32 non inverter..i think quite chear

RM 899 per piece with total postage fee rm200 for 3 aircond

Will review it later

Attached Image
KTCY
post Sep 18 2022, 03:34 PM

BumbleBeeā„¢
All Stars
12,423 posts

What's the better brand nowadays for air con? Panasonic?

573 Pages « < 567 568 569 570 571 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2022 - 12:03 PM