> Aircon Discussion V3, Home Appliance

views

ceo684
post Aug 9 2022, 11:53 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
10,859 posts

QUOTE(SIEWBAO @ Aug 9 2022, 10:50 AM)
Is daikin really worth the price? nowdays saw alot brand giving better spec n function with lower price. Like Haier, Hisense...
Buy based on btu spec, stars, and price.
Also avoid other than the top 2 brand from CN.

Don't buy a Beemer 116i just for the badge but it can't go fast. brows.gif
SIEWBAO
post Aug 10 2022, 11:04 AM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 9 2022, 11:53 AM)
Buy based on btu spec, stars, and price.
Also avoid other than the top 2 brand from CN.

Don't buy a Beemer 116i just for the badge but it can't go fast.  brows.gif
Alright, thx for the tips. Currently considering R32 Haier-Hisense-Acson-Midea? At first was Daikin but for the price... hmm...
Whats Beemer 116i?
hustlerism
post Aug 10 2022, 01:38 PM

Devil In Disguise
1,525 posts

QUOTE(SIEWBAO @ Aug 10 2022, 11:04 AM)
Alright, thx for the tips. Currently considering R32 Haier-Hisense-Acson-Midea? At first was Daikin but for the price... hmm...
Whats Beemer 116i?
BMW 1 series
ceo684
post Aug 10 2022, 11:50 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
10,859 posts

QUOTE(SIEWBAO @ Aug 10 2022, 11:04 AM)
Whats Beemer 116i?
CN brand I only trust GREE or Midea.
Rest sampah.
SIEWBAO
post Aug 11 2022, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 10 2022, 11:50 PM)
CN brand I only trust GREE or Midea.
Rest sampah.
U mean as in Aircon from those brand or just the brand? I thought Haier n Hisense nt bad as well?
voscar
post Aug 11 2022, 09:37 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

Hi, usually aircond blower outlet wind temp how much? After replace compressor feel my AC still not as cool as before, measuring about 18c on the blower outlet. Before this I never measure so don't know what is the suppose range. Technician told me the refrigerant pressure is around 150-160, R32 type, is this healthy range? Google saw should be higher 177 something above....

My room smaller 1hp AC with door wide open already 11c like that after running 15 mins...
ceo684
post Aug 11 2022, 10:22 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
10,859 posts

QUOTE(SIEWBAO @ Aug 11 2022, 09:59 AM)
U mean as in Aircon from those brand or just the brand? I thought Haier n Hisense nt bad as well?
Other than the 2 i mention kenot pakai one.
excaliburcombo
post Yesterday, 12:55 AM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 11 2022, 10:22 PM)
Mine 1HP Hisense non inverter experience seem fine. Use 3 year without any issue. Then change to Pana inverter and give it to sister until today still running fine.
ceo684
post Yesterday, 01:20 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
10,859 posts

QUOTE(excaliburcombo @ Aug 12 2022, 12:55 AM)
Mine 1HP Hisense non inverter experience seem fine. Use 3 year without any issue. Then change to Pana inverter and give it to sister until today still running fine.
that depends on what u looking for. it will work but whether or not it work really good is another story whistling.gif
excaliburcombo
post Yesterday, 05:27 AM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 12 2022, 01:20 AM)
that depends on what u looking for. it will work but whether or not it work really good is another story whistling.gif
The AC cold and no sudden high jump in electricity bill after install for my case can consider not bad. But sure can pakai one right whistling.gif . kenot pakai one tauk parit rclxs0.gif

SIEWBAO
post Yesterday, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Aug 11 2022, 10:22 PM)
Izit bcoz luck issue? or really got issue?
firewir3
post Yesterday, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

Wanna ask is it ok to install inverter type air cond in living room where it is open space ?
SIEWBAO
post Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(firewir3 @ Aug 12 2022, 10:17 AM)
Wanna ask is it ok to install inverter type air cond in living room where it is open space ?
Im not sure but usually we turn on living room aircond for short period only rite? Im going to install the cassette-type in the living room, i guess will go for non-inverter 1.
firewir3
post Yesterday, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(SIEWBAO @ Aug 12 2022, 10:48 AM)
Im not sure but usually we turn on living room aircond for short period only rite? Im going to install the cassette-type in the living room, i guess will go for non-inverter 1.
Yeah , usually turn on for short period for living room but the air-cond point and pipping is done by developer is wall mount , my concern it won't save energy using inverter type in open space right?and thank you for your suggestion for using cassette-type is another good alternative.
firewir3
post Yesterday, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(SIEWBAO @ Aug 12 2022, 10:48 AM)
*double post

This post has been edited by firewir3: Yesterday, 06:29 PM
ceo684
post Yesterday, 06:52 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
10,859 posts

QUOTE(SIEWBAO @ Aug 12 2022, 09:31 AM)
Izit bcoz luck issue? or really got issue?
Poorer build quality and more rattles on ODU grille. No anti corrosion coating?

Ok, if good inverter it cool even faster than a non.

QUOTE(firewir3 @ Aug 12 2022, 12:05 PM)
Yeah , usually turn on for short period for living room but the air-cond point and pipping is done by developer is wall mount , my concern it won't save energy using inverter type in open space right?and thank you for your suggestion for using cassette-type is another good alternative.
Inverter is smart gearbox. Think of it this way. When need to cool fast it will use Low gear. Then once reach target speed it will use high gear.

davidlow7
post Yesterday, 07:57 PM

StageMaster
8,268 posts

I would use inverter for all my aircon especially for the open space and high horsepower aircon - going against the narrative of so-called 6hours only start cooling bullshit. IF you know how the electric consumption works and setting the aircon temperature correctly (25c to 27c) would actually help you to avoid high bills. The reason is living room aircon has high horsepower which consumes around 8A so I find using it correctly, you will see inverter being more beneficial.

Inverter aircon 2.5hp if you spec the horsepower correctly it would maintain as low as around 1A power consumption in cooling the space where as a non-inverter would run at around 8A-0A-8A-0A-8A for few minutes each - if you are setting the temperature unrealistically (usually below 20c) then chances is your aircon will be consuming 2.5hp at 8A all the way until you off because it is almost non-impossible to achieve in our M'sia climate unless you are in Cameron Highland or Genting Highland.

Likewise if your aircon is not in good condition you tend to set 20c just to achieve just 25c then you are likely to suffer a high bill because your compressor would also run 9A all the way,, regardless it is inverter or not inverter.

Once it is closed to the set temperature/or already reached the consumption will drop in stages. So if your room temperature is 29c and you set 25c... by less than 1hour if it reaches around 27c the consumption would reduce by probably 40% and then once it reaches the set temperature (at per your remote setting) then it would start reduce to very low just to maintain the cooling. Setting a lower temperature means it takes longer time to achieve, but setting to an unrealistic temperature it means you are rather off using a non-inverter.

Inverter is like you are getting a strong muscular man who can adjust his strength to pick up item that weights 0.1kg to 100kg item, so he has more juice to do more.
Non-inverter is like a robot who are set to pick up an item up to 100kg at a fixed strength 10 times - regardless of how heavy the items it can only do just 10 times and no more.

Though trust me - if you ask most aircon guys nowadays they will all ask you to take non-inverter cause it is easier at their end to sell, but when you ask further they will just tell you the narrative bullshits. End of the day it is always up to you as a buyer to decide.

But most importantly, SPEC your horsepower correctly - use calculation, not use feel. Btu going extra even to 30% or more is okay because it would allow your compressor to cut off longer to save electricity... an inverter would benefit from this. Don't spec ngam ngam - your running cost can easily outspend your savings for a lower hp aircon.

It is actually too complicated to explain all here but I do find that this Video is beneficial - and you can see how inverter aircon works. (Many may find him cocky but what he does is practical, and based on real-life consumption).
What I want to highlight is that his reference of 10,000btu to 1hp is not really accurate - once you done the calculation to get the BTU, then you just need to look at the manufacture spec based on the horsepower&btu - remember do not spec less, or even ngam ngam.. it is good to go extra even if the aircon is abit more costly.

Happy spending.

Cheers

user posted image

This post has been edited by davidlow7: Yesterday, 08:19 PM
voscar
post Yesterday, 08:25 PM

Regular
1,252 posts

Guys, is it normal to have evaporator coil cool and wet on upper part, 18c; but warm and dry on lower part, 24c?
Or it should be consistent cold and wet?

This post has been edited by voscar: Yesterday, 08:39 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0264sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th August 2022 - 11:28 PM