Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, First-Person, Open World, Realistic RPG

views

hakimix
post Feb 12 2018, 06:48 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

You can get it even cheaper on Green Man Gaming for RM84 by using VIP voucher. It's a legit site and not those shady key reseller.
Savor_Savvy
post Feb 12 2018, 11:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

QUOTE(hakimix @ Feb 12 2018, 06:48 AM)
You can get it even cheaper on Green Man Gaming for RM84 by using VIP voucher. It's a legit site and not those shady key reseller.
GMG is trustable, but you cannot ask for refund if the game is not good.
hakimix
post Feb 13 2018, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Feb 12 2018, 11:02 AM)
GMG is trustable, but you cannot ask for refund if the game is not good.
Yeah you pretty much have to be sure you want the game and not second guessing or anything. I don't use them as frequently as before due to the introduction of refund on Steam. Usually on those cheap sales you're bound for more regrets and buyer's remorse.

Anyway one hour and 15 minutes left to launch.
Savor_Savvy
post Feb 14 2018, 02:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

GMG-This game is not available in your region
miyakochan89
post Feb 14 2018, 03:18 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

This game is like the most racist, misogynist game ever.
faizdtk
post Feb 14 2018, 04:09 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Is this first person camera only game? Or is there option to play with 3rd person camera view
hakimix
post Feb 14 2018, 07:02 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Feb 14 2018, 03:18 PM)
This game is like the most racist, misogynist game ever.
lel not sure if serious or not because some even go as far as saying this shouldn't be released as this coincides with the Black History Month.

QUOTE(faizdtk @ Feb 14 2018, 04:09 PM)
Is this first person camera only game? Or is there option to play with 3rd person camera view
First person only. If you want both options you'll have to wait for Bannerlord for this type of game albeit with less story focused structure.

It is immersive though as it is only fpv.
miyakochan89
post Feb 15 2018, 12:10 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(hakimix @ Feb 14 2018, 07:02 PM)
lel not sure if serious or not because some even go as far as saying this shouldn't be released as this coincides with the Black History Month.
First person only. If you want both options you'll have to wait for Bannerlord for this type of game albeit with less story focused structure.

It is immersive though as it is only fpv.
Well yes it is serious because the developer himself is that kinda person, even admitted to it. It's a degrading game that promotes white supremacist.

Edit: white male supremacist.

This post has been edited by miyakochan89: Feb 15 2018, 12:10 AM
TSpyre
post Feb 16 2018, 07:33 AM

28 posts

This post has been edited by pyre: Feb 16 2018, 11:18 PM
DesRed
post Feb 16 2018, 11:20 PM

Delta Echo Sierra Eight Five
2,866 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Feb 15 2018, 12:10 AM)
Well yes it is serious because the developer himself is that kinda person, even admitted to it. It's a degrading game that promotes white supremacist.

Edit: white male supremacist.
I haven't followed up on videogames or news about it nowadays due to my busy work life, but from reading a few articles regarding the 'racism' controversy on this game and Kotaku's interview, the impression I get is that fans of the game overreacted to a query and defended it as if the politically correct crowd are out to put the game in bad light (actually, one of the staff from the developer answered politely to the query, until some guy who misinterpreted the person's query as bashing the game and that's where it went downhill from there). Even the head of the team, Daniel Vavra, became angry at this perception, which comes as no surprise to me.

Didn't know SJWs became more popular nowadays, and from reading a bit about them, they also come across as jerks as much as the Gamergate crowd themselves. Either way, I don't usually read Kotaku due to their rather immature way of reporting game-related news, but the author of the linked article did provide links on the chronology of what went wrong until it garnered that kind of perception.
ChocChristy
post Feb 17 2018, 12:22 AM

Casual
307 posts

Hmmm, Not sure if exaggerated or just piling hate on this game just because everyone else says so. I am female too, but I do not see any overt racist and misogynistic elements in the game? (only watched some let's play, don't own the game... yet).

Is it the same argument about The Witcher being racist and misogynistic too? Because no people of color and how they treat women in Witcher universe?

I will agree, Daniel Vávra (the dev), have very different viewpoints than me, and he is part of gamergate, a platform I find vile and disgusting. But he has his rights to have a different viewpoint and we can despise him for that. But please do not drag the game down together with him simply because of his political viewpoint.

I am as liberal as it can get, but I honestly do not think that everything can be easily labelled "racist" and "misogynistic". Some things, it would be nice to have diversity (e.g. the recent live-action Beauty and the Beast. I saw the importance and value of the movie having people of color. How it would help children learn about diversity, despite the fact that back in that time period, there probably wasn't many, if any, black people around. It is a fairy tale with lessons and I see the value of having diverse people in it for children viewers. ).

But at the same time, devs (or film makers) can choose to either make their games diverse, or choose to do it. We cannot deny or hide the fact that Bohemia back then was mostly white people, and mostly very misogynistic in culture. Heck, even The Witcher's world that is based on Scandinavian culture and back then, there's not many blacks around. So does making a game based on those time period and trying to match the culture and atmosphere of those times, means the devs are racists, misogynists and promoting white supremacy?

I value diversity and definitely would love if devs would add in diversity of gender, culture, skin color. But at the same time, I would not want to "white"wash history. Historically, these bullshit happened a lot, racist, patriarchy, there's no point in denying it or covering it up. What's more important, is that children be educated on the realities back then and how, even as they play the game, they do not get suckered into accepting those values and mindsets that are no longer relevant now.

I personally love customizable main character and the option to make a female character. But heck do I love The Witchers' lore and world, and the games themselves. Me loving those games does not mean i support the way the people in the witcher world treat women.

Of course you can go "then how about GTAV? You support how gta games are so terrible to black people, women and portray stereotypes?" I haven't came to a conclusion yet on that, though I would say I probably wouldn't feel too comfortable with them simply because the time period is so near to our present time so it is probably improper despite being" historically accurate "

This post has been edited by ChocChristy: Feb 17 2018, 12:45 AM
hakimix
post Feb 17 2018, 10:08 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Yeah everyone's entitled to their opinions anyway but the controversy is just due to their attempt to create rural Medieval Europe setting which some don't agree with because it's not inclusive enough.

The story is really grounded and quite emotional as we watch the protagonist becoming hopeless with his situations and how he dealt with it (which we can help dictate). The unarmed combat is quite hard but the sword fighting is really intuitive with the timed dodge, perfect block, parry and riposte. With like multiple directions of attacks like swing, stab, lunge etc you can even feint to keep the opponent guessing. It is very hard to handle though for multiple enemies so have to eliminate them with bow and arrows to reduce the numbers or knock/stab them from behind with stealth.

But I mostly avoid combat so far and prefer going the diplomat way sort of like Petyr Baelish and it's more fun that way as the dialogues and writing are great with memorable and charming characters especially your love interests. You can solve the quests by multiple ways but that goes without saying. All in all I find it enjoyable so far in my 9-hour marathon although I encountered one or two bugs.
Savor_Savvy
post Feb 18 2018, 08:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

Mostly graphical bugs for me. Oh ya, i hate the loading time. 5-10 seconds, before each conversation irks me.

This post has been edited by Savor_Savvy: Feb 18 2018, 10:32 AM
TSpyre
post Feb 22 2018, 08:49 PM

28 posts

H4XF4XTOR
post Feb 22 2018, 11:00 PM

【ツ】PANDAMON 【ツ】
3,075 posts

FYI, i use mods from nexus mods called "texture streaming improvement"
and it was able to reduce texture popping and long loading when you speak to a NPC.
also enable me to crank up a bit the graphic settings without losing fps.

There are already a lot of improvement mods on nexus.
DesRed
post Feb 23 2018, 10:46 AM

2,866 posts

QUOTE(H4XF4XTOR @ Feb 22 2018, 11:00 PM)
FYI, i use mods from nexus mods called "texture streaming improvement"
and it was able to reduce texture popping and long loading when you speak to a NPC.
also enable me to crank up a bit the graphic settings without losing fps.

There are already a lot of improvement mods on nexus.
Sounds like the game still have bugs and performance issues that needed to be sorted out for a better playing experience (even a number of reviews pointed this out). Hopefully in a few months time when the issues are patched, the game will be better. thumbup.gif
mistralmudd
post Feb 26 2018, 05:06 PM

23 posts

rubbish game full of bugs. doesnt deserve full price. luckily i just pirate this game. worth the piracy.

don't get me wrong i dont do piracy for years but something about open world AI I kind of sceptical it will work. And boy i am correct.
DesRed
post Feb 28 2018, 09:11 AM

2,866 posts

QUOTE(mistralmudd @ Feb 26 2018, 05:06 PM)
rubbish game full of bugs. doesnt deserve full price. luckily i just pirate this game. worth the piracy.

don't get me wrong i dont do piracy for years but something about open world AI I kind of sceptical it will work. And boy i am correct.
Not to sound like an apologist, but a lot of RPGs, AAA ones included, do come with a myriad of technical and game-stopping bugs which takes time to resolve. The Witcher saga did have a couple of bugs and technical issues plaguing it before they were eventually patched.

Can just wait a few months more until the technical and in-game bugs are sorted out, then buy it?
Dharcness
post Feb 28 2018, 07:17 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(hakimix @ Feb 12 2018, 06:48 AM)
I don't see it on gmg
quarantined
post Mar 1 2018, 10:06 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

This is how i feel about the game. Absolutely not regretting buying it.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:17 PM