Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

KL International AV Show 2018, 20 - 22 July, Sunway Putra Kuala Lumpur

views

slimfox
post Jul 4 2015, 04:41 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jul 4 2015, 04:10 PM)
Basically Sonus Faber are taking raw drivers from Vifa for certain line ups. But it is modified version on the speaker's specs. Just like Alpine's F#1 series speakers that are using Scanspeak, but with certain speaker are different.
This is how a brand can do. A China brand raw driver with pretty good specs nobody will bother to see it but being rebrand to another brand, it can be sold like a hot cake laugh.gif
That is what I feel too. Malaysian buy because of brand.
slimfox
post Jul 4 2015, 04:47 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jul 4 2015, 04:42 PM)
That's other countries prefer DIY, as it will be more interesting and the result are better most of the time.
Malaysians cannot DIY to safe their life, I know so many who call the plumber just to change washer in their taps.
slimfox
post Jul 4 2015, 05:06 PM

Casual
392 posts

Not my problem if Vifa didn't present their products properly, it's called an exhibition for a reason.
What's with your stereotypical assumption and dissing Malaysians? Want to be a Mr.smartass, /k is that way: https://forum.lowyat.net/Kopitiam

You might just be another all-talk and no-show keyboard warrior anyways. I don't know whether you are or not, but let's just assume you are.

[/quote]

Sorry forgot not in /k.

But I do stand by my comment about Malaysian's and DIY. Here we have a consumer culture where we all are used to buying ready made products. Hence you don't see as many Malaysian innovations as we would like to see. I do feel other country the population is encourage to tinker around, this is true in the west and more so in America.

Also the dreaded Malaysian attitude of preferring international brands compared to domestic brands.

Anyway this is out of topic.

slimfox
post Jul 4 2015, 05:09 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jul 4 2015, 05:01 PM)
Well, that's the beauty of Malaysians.
By paying extra $$$$$$$ for the same thing and they will boast around like no tomorrow whistling.gif
So So true. This is a really sick nation!
slimfox
post Jul 4 2015, 06:06 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Jul 4 2015, 05:56 PM)
That's why I stop going to snake oil show since 2 years back laugh.gif
Not sure about snake oil but you should go to keep tabs.

I for one used to think power cables is snake oil until I was in China recently and DIY myself a power cable for my amp. The results of that was a whole new better sound.
slimfox
post Oct 23 2015, 07:19 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(wim1983 @ Oct 23 2015, 06:41 PM)
hmm, it seem Opus series pretty high efficiency speakers laugh.gif
true but depends on how big your space is but 40 rms is a lot if you are in a condo.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:12 PM