Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

KL International AV Show 2018, 20 - 22 July, Sunway Putra Kuala Lumpur

views

hushymushy
post Jun 8 2015, 11:14 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

1. during AV fest, you have to expect rooms to be treated to bring out the best they can......resellers rent the room...therefore they too need to cover cost by selling their system....anyone willing to donate a room for free demo?

2. if the system performed poorly in the room, don't think you will buy...am i right?

3. knowing the fact that room acoustics do play up 50% of the sound whether its at the showroom or at home......if you buy a system after audition in a proper acoustic room, then you setup the new setup in your living hall without proper acoustics....blame the equipment and seller???
yeah bloody snake oil ain't it

4. during the fest, the systems are properly run in and warmed up......when you buy BINB, don't expect to sound the same.....

5. every reseller will demo their most profitable system and margins....if i were to make a living out of this....i would demo something i make the most.... who's in business to lose money??? You??? This AV Fest is to demo the latest HT and sound systems by businesses......this is not a forum gathering NGO....this is reality right?

6. if you plan to buy something......check pricing everywhere....this is 101....

7. in the room, there are other things you need to vary off....curtains, softer finishing walls, carpets....then room tuning, cabling, power banks....and lots of other secrets...

my system at home went to a different level after shifting the system from the hall into a proper dimension room with minimal acoustic treatment....
same system in different room....you can't imagine the change

haters gonna say snake oil

This post has been edited by hushymushy: Jun 8 2015, 11:18 PM
hushymushy
post Jun 9 2015, 09:10 AM

Regular
1,702 posts

1. USD vs MYR as we all know...is in a bad situation.....the big boys needs to clear stock, therefore its a matter of how you nego your deal....prices going up not because of GST but because forex.....i was surprised with the Musical Paradise MK501 price...used to be 4k++ and then due to forex, it shot up to 6k. This is based on direct online purchase price.

2. i usually buy smallish stuffs during fest....like CDs....some hifi accessories for the fun of it....like power sockets, tuning fuses and etc just to test out whether it has impact to sound.....
now....if you are really shopping for hifi or AV....the difference could be the installation cost....unless you know DIY.....
if you install ceiling mount projector...can you DIY the bracket?

3. do not rush into buying....hifi is a journey....not a short term game
hushymushy
post Jun 9 2015, 11:41 AM

Regular
1,702 posts

htkaki depends you got gip me firesale for SVS subs or not lar...hahahahahahaha

like 50% off the cost price or something like that....kakakakaka nah just kidding

Friday is unlikely coz gotta work mar....maybe Sunday....may team up with some forummers and friends....c how lar

am sure carcrazy gonna ask me the same question....and i also need to see if my 'lai sui lou' kawan timing
hushymushy
post Jun 9 2015, 01:38 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

QUOTE(htkaki @ Jun 9 2015, 12:32 PM)
I thought you have bought your subs. No?
there's always room for improvement...hehehehe
hushymushy
post Jun 9 2015, 11:13 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

liquidgal awww man....that pix is just teasing......

hushymushy
post Jun 11 2015, 10:40 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

carcrazy htkaki got pau lunch and latte or not???
hushymushy
post Jul 4 2015, 11:12 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

QUOTE(sonerin @ Jul 4 2015, 05:35 PM)
Yes Malaysian are generous lot who can spend as they like and some who cannot afford it will complaint.
well bro...u can't deny d fact some try to be smart and knows it all mar....

they even know Vifa and Scanspeaks r cheap...hahahahahaha and apparently they can make the same sound given the same raw drivers.....
and then some will say the speakers sound better than Sonus Faber @ 60% less the price....

c u tomorrow at the fest....btw....i'm gonna eat snake oil with Transparent spaghetti
and put my coffee mug on my converted SF Cremona Scanspeaks ring radiator cup holder....hahahahahahahahaha

hushymushy
post Jul 5 2015, 02:46 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

Just back...only bought some 3D blurays...some priced at rm38 by speedy

Sound system...nothing much impressive this year

Mcintosh was so so
The Sonus Faber Aida with Audio Research G series oso so so only...the balancing out

Dynaudio sounded below average

Hifi Creations..worth listening although too many people and can't really hear
hushymushy
post Jul 6 2015, 08:37 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

I went into one of those rooms this guy was in....i think it was one of the CMY room with Pro AC...

so called treated room wor....
my gosh....the highs sounded horrendous and the music was just noise....
i only stood there 1 min and can't stand the screetching sound
hushymushy
post Jul 7 2015, 07:36 PM

Regular
1,702 posts

Yeah..this year the harbeth sounded right

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 PM