Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> KL International AV Show 2018, 20 - 22 July, Sunway Putra Kuala Lumpur

views

Problem
post Jun 4 2015, 11:47 AM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(bsl555 @ Jun 4 2015, 10:52 AM)
With GST, I'm reckoning prices will be up from before. Some known shops have already just slammed GST on top of the price seen. Its not any cheaper and like just add 6% to any previous prices.
That's just price gouging, this are the type of vendors which you should avoid. Before this they had sales of 10% which factored into the cost, now they slapped another 6?

Doesn't help that merchants are suppose to also display prices inclusive of GST, not excluding if you follow the GST provisions.

This post has been edited by Problem: Jun 4 2015, 11:51 AM
Problem
post Jun 24 2015, 08:32 PM

On my way

Usual layout is like this

1. Entrance : Usually home theater related show casing new TV's , projectors, home surround system,etc

2. Take the lift and go the highest floor

3. From the lift you're at the centre, can go either left or right. This is where there some variety though there some notorious vendors who just interested in blasting their subwoofers in a hotel room, and then there are karaoke setups, some more slightly unusual setups also appear on this floor.

4. Go down 1-2 floors with the same concept but less karaoke/HT setups and gets more serious with the big guns coming out (CMY, A&L, etc)

5. Go down further until you reach the floor with mainly ballrooms/meeting rooms, usually this is where vendors from the audio scene showcase some of the flagships they carry (last year Mcintosh (with mid bass EQ boost preset) + Focal Utopia's (or was it Electras) playing Overture 1812 with cannons. A&L had the Dali/Opera Callas speakers with the legendary DCS Vivaldi setup, Jaben also had a room of their own.

CMY with another room selling their goods at a discounted price & same location for the past 2 years selling their power conditioners. Interesting if you're into new/old Vinyls, rare CD recordings.

That's how I remembered them tongue.gif
Problem
post Jul 4 2015, 09:50 PM

On my way

Sometimes I wished they placed the HT + Karaoke folks into a dedicated floor instead of mixing them with hifi folks.

Was at the room where Chord were exhibiting their new DACs and Dave and to my surprised John Frank and Rob Watts were there I believe & Swedish Statement were exhibiting nearby as well. Out of the sudden I could hear the room rumbling as a effect from the room opposite/next door from the excessive subwoofer blasting as if they're competing who could produce the loudest resonance.

Not once but multiple times.

/facepalm

This post has been edited by Problem: Jul 4 2015, 09:52 PM
Problem
post Jul 5 2015, 11:43 AM

On my way

QUOTE(chanhin @ Jul 5 2015, 11:31 AM)
Yeah... Actually I am not even sure if Karaoke setup is relevant there... I did not enter any...
Good say... The most disappointed is the Focal. Last time got Utopia really super impressive... Now just showing Sopra, which the bass fail to impress as fail to cover the ball room with crowd noise. Some more it seems without Mcintosh like downgraded sound... The speaker cable there also seems so slim as compare to normal Mcintosh setup.

While Mcintosh this time showing their speaker.... The result is like... Why bother to show?
You forgot last year Audio Perfectionist had the EQ preset setting adjusted on the Mcintosh to give that that extra kick the the mid bass, was +6db if I recall to give that 1812 overture a shocking sound.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0880sec    0.67    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 04:37 AM