Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

KL International AV Show 2018, 20 - 22 July, Sunway Putra Kuala Lumpur

views

ADJ
post Jul 5 2015, 09:33 AM

..::fairlight::..
2,921 posts

for a simple-minded person like me, the RM10.60 is well spent!
can't afford any serious systems, so if I were to just walk in to any retailer on a normal day and ask for an audition, it would be so weird, not to mention all the travelling costs!
on the other hand, once a year, at a central place, *nearly* everyone in the local hifi/av industry comes to show the latest that they have, some giving some deals too.
what a different atmosphere!

I enjoyed the earphone/iem booths, powered simply with my phone and Spotify.
I enjoyed the countless Transformers Atmos demos, but wished some of the displays was also properly setup too.
I enjoyed the Epos, HiFi Creations, PMC, Sonus Faber and many other brands that my simple mind cannot remember or afford.

I had a good time, and I wish the same to all other visitors. Have fun!
ADJ
post Jul 5 2015, 12:52 PM

..::fairlight::..
2,921 posts

QUOTE(Lurker @ Jul 5 2015, 11:04 AM)
How long did u spend there?
about 5-6 hours. also got to catch up with some old friends there. I didn't get to experience every single room though, you will probably need the entire day if you were to seriously check out all rooms sweat.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE(chanhin @ Jul 5 2015, 11:31 AM)
Yeah... Actually I am not even sure if Karaoke setup is relevant there... I did not enter any...
Good say... The most disappointed is the Focal. Last time got Utopia really super impressive... Now just showing Sopra, which the bass fail to impress as fail to cover the ball room with crowd noise. Some more it seems without Mcintosh like downgraded sound... The speaker cable there also seems so slim as compare to normal Mcintosh setup.

While Mcintosh this time showing their speaker.... The result is like... Why bother to show?
it just means there is something for everyone. different strokes for different folks.
similarly I never tried out any of the portable audio players (Fiio, AK etc) as I have zero interest in it, but I think it's great for enthusiasts to check it out with other like-minded folk. thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.49    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:11 AM