Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Consulting company for engineering background?

views

TSlimseisei
post May 29 2015, 09:29 AM, updated 9y ago

12 posts

Hi everyone,

I have few years experience in manufacturing engineering. Graduated from local university with Mechanical engineering.
I would like to know more bout consulting firm. It is a possible path to pursue on for someone from engineering background?
How to relate experienced professional (engineering ) with consulting firm?What kind of position would it be?
Can anyone please consult me the associate consultant position?Something like the job scope.

Hope to hear from you guys.I just wish to explore and know more about others field.

Thanks!! rclxms.gif
Meigamenx
post May 29 2015, 11:47 AM

Wazaaaa
556 posts

QUOTE(limseisei @ May 29 2015, 09:29 AM)
Hi everyone,

I have few years experience in manufacturing engineering. Graduated from local university with Mechanical engineering.
I would like to know more bout consulting firm. It is a possible path to pursue on for someone from engineering background?
How to relate experienced professional (engineering ) with consulting firm?What kind of position would it be?
Can anyone please consult me the associate consultant position?Something like the job scope.

Hope to hear from you guys.I just wish to explore and know more about others field.

Thanks!! rclxms.gif
Give more details on the consulting firm busineses.

Are they an engineering consultant firm or a business or marketing firm?

This post has been edited by Meigamenx: May 29 2015, 11:48 AM
Xeqari
post May 29 2015, 01:38 PM

32 posts

well u can try NEC. they are in SI and consulting environment and they have a lot engineers (telcos and manufacturing) inside for their projects.
kiumo
post May 29 2015, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
Validating
114 posts

What kind of consulting firm are you referring to?

Is it the M&E Consulting Firms within the building services industry?

Risk Management Firms?

Management Consulting Firms?
iastate
post May 29 2015, 04:04 PM

On my way
599 posts

If I were the boss of a consulting firm, I would not even consider hiring TS when he or she could not even do some basic research and provide the necessary info for the questions.
TSlimseisei
post Jun 1 2015, 10:04 PM

12 posts

Hi,not M&E consulting firm.
Sorry, for not providing more info.I'm not really looking for a job now...but trying to know about it.Thats why I'm asking everyone from this forum. As I thinking everyone respone will give me more clue.

Last month, I get to know a position so call 'Manufacturing Associate' in a management consulting firm from an agent. After I read through the description of this position, I found it's quite interesting. I wonder is any one know more about this position?What else can a engineer do in a management consulting firm?

Thank you everyone!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:51 PM