Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TIME Time dotcom Overcharging Existing Customers

views

kajika81
post Jun 2 2015, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

My personal opinion is Time should appreciate those existing customer and not to force them renew contract in order to enjoy new package/rate. They should just migrate the old plan to the new plan without renewing contract. Like my mobile plan, my old plan is obsolete and I'm allow to change to new plan without renewing my contract.

I have call Time and been informed that i can change to new plan but will tie to 2 years contract. If want to enjoy the free HDD promo then i have to terminate and resubscribe.

However, I will still stick with my old plan 8mbps cos price stil reasonable for me
TScyborgclone
post Jun 2 2015, 04:02 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(DeltaPanthera @ Jun 2 2015, 01:32 AM)
I'm a Time-Astro customer for 3 years already. Price is not a problem at all if you want good quality internet. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Simple as that.

Internet line down? PM the 2 Time agents on Lowyat here and you'll get an explanation within an hour and your internet connection back in a few hours.

What I believe you're doing here is foul-mouthing Time with a flimsy and pointless argument about overcharging when there is NONE HAPPENING.
QUOTE(pltan @ Jun 2 2015, 11:08 AM)
Firstly, we are being overcharged for internet usage in Malaysia...not only are we costlier , we are also lagging behind in average Mbps per user compared to our regional neighbours.
http://www.kinibiz.com/story/issues/106653...n-malaysia.html
user posted image
I also agree with Cyborg's sentiment that we shouldn't be locked into prices of a contract when there are cheaper rates being offered. Unfortunately the nature of Malaysia's consumer rights law ( practically non-existent ), allows businesses to continue with these practices. If you were in a signed contract with a telco/Isp/whatever ......say in America, and they introduced lower rates, all you'd need to do is make a phonecall and your rates would be immediately adjusted down. In fact a lot of the time this would be automatically executed. But that's an issue with consumer protection laws....

So I don't think we should just sit back and take it, but it's going to take a lot of voices both from consumers and legislators to get things to change here. It's strange so many of you are condemning OP.
user posted image

I guess we know who is the biggest monkey in this thread.

Thank you pltan for your insight.

I'm actually honored that a report was made against this thread. why you getting mad/angry bro?
The tone/words used suggests it.
I guess this thread is making a difference but really, stop being lazy and get your facts in order.

Well, We/I'm a shit stirrer/defaming/threat to Time. wink.gif If you are Time fix your policies.
If you did/do i wont be ranting but promoting. thumbup.gif
No Charges on my end. laugh.gif

Make a difference.

TIME dotCom Berhad (413292-P)
Tel : +60-3-5032 6000

Time dotcom. They are overcharging existing customers. Its unscrupulous. Its discrimination.
Based on the price difference or price/mbps.

This post has been edited by cyborgclone: Jun 2 2015, 05:00 PM
TScyborgclone
post Jun 16 2015, 06:05 PM

26 posts

It has yet to be confirmed, but what I was told by another existing Time Dot Com customer flex.gif
is that Time Dot Com may have change their policies with regards to existing customer. rclxm9.gif

TScyborgclone
post Jun 22 2015, 05:19 PM

26 posts

Iv made some calls to Time, to check if there were any changes with regards to overcharging existing customers
Same story........ sad.gif

I noticed this, i was so happy when i could get Time... But oh man... Once they got you...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time dotcom. They are overcharging existing customers. Its unscrupulous. Its discrimination.
Based on the price difference or price/mbps with automatic lock in of contracts that have expired.

Make a difference.

TIME dotCom Berhad (413292-P)
Tel : +60-3-5032 6000

Frostlord
post Jun 22 2015, 05:34 PM

Regular
1,723 posts

QUOTE(pltan @ Jun 2 2015, 11:08 AM)
Cyborg is pretty much right,

Firstly, we are being overcharged for internet usage in Malaysia...not only are we costlier , we are also lagging behind in average Mbps per user compared to our regional neighbours.
http://www.kinibiz.com/story/issues/106653...n-malaysia.html
user posted image
I also agree with Cyborg's sentiment that we shouldn't be locked into prices of a contract when there are cheaper rates being offered. Unfortunately the nature of Malaysia's consumer rights law ( practically non-existent ), allows businesses to continue with these practices. If you were in a signed contract with a telco/Isp/whatever ......say in America, and they introduced lower rates, all you'd need to do is make a phonecall and your rates would be immediately adjusted down. In fact a lot of the time this would be automatically executed. But that's an issue with consumer protection laws....

So I don't think we should just sit back and take it, but it's going to take a lot of voices both from consumers and legislators to get things to change here. It's strange so many of you are condemning OP.
shocking.gif shocking.gif
On you first point, that is entirely a different discussion. It has nothing to do with TS topic

On the second, read the terms and conditions. companies dont pay tons to have legal department for nothing. everything is stated in black and white. if you're unhappy with the T&C, dont sign it.
pltan
post Jun 22 2015, 05:48 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(Frostlord @ Jun 22 2015, 05:34 PM)
shocking.gif  shocking.gif
On you first point, that is entirely a different discussion. It has nothing to do with TS topic

On the second, read the terms and conditions. companies dont pay tons to have legal department for nothing. everything is stated in black and white. if you're unhappy with the T&C, dont sign it.
It was related to a conversation over a few threads, but the case in point is, we are already being over-charged comparatively for ISP services, and that coupled with some odd contractual practices already stated.

And secondly you can keep being close minded and continuing with your mindset, but people like you will never be able understand nor improve the situation in a country with poor consumer rights.

TScyborgclone
post Jun 22 2015, 06:06 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(Frostlord @ Jun 22 2015, 05:34 PM)
shocking.gif  shocking.gif

Pin pointing/fault finding in certain replies. rclxms.gif
Come on.... bigger picture.....

Thanks again pltan and the rest.
For your support.

CheckOut Spoiler

This post has been edited by cyborgclone: Jun 22 2015, 06:17 PM
TScyborgclone
post Jun 23 2015, 03:45 PM

26 posts

Who are the experts?
Why would any one trust Time Dot Com?

Called Time Support today. 11th Time in 3 Weeks.
The support staff actually said "then you will not have internet then". shocking.gif
I felt cornered, I felt like i was being blackmailed.
To either accept the lock in or die without internet. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by cyborgclone: Jun 23 2015, 03:49 PM
Frostlord
post Jun 24 2015, 01:32 PM

Regular
1,723 posts

QUOTE(pltan @ Jun 22 2015, 05:48 PM)
It was related to a conversation over a few threads, but the case in point is, we are already being over-charged comparatively for ISP services, and that coupled with some odd contractual practices already stated.

And secondly you can keep being close minded and continuing with your mindset, but people like you will never be able understand nor improve the situation in a country with poor consumer rights.
well, that explains a lot

this is the same mindset of the ppl who get PTPTN and refuse to pay
pltan
post Jun 24 2015, 01:39 PM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(Frostlord @ Jun 24 2015, 01:32 PM)
well, that explains a lot

this is the same mindset of the ppl who get PTPTN and refuse to pay
I've always paid all my commitments, whether it's my newspaper delivery, an ISP bill, housing loans etc.

If consumer rights in a first world country protects individual consumers and prevents unfair pricing practices, isn't that something you'd want in Malaysia?

When I was living in America, the service provider would on their side call you and tell you they have introduced cheaper rates and automatically lower your commitment without any kind of contract renewal.

If you think that's a bad thing, then I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.
MonkeyDLuffy
post Jul 14 2015, 05:09 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

I am using Astro IPTV with TIME. Same thing also. No changes in the speed and rate at all. Existing customer being treated like SHITE.
TScyborgclone
post Aug 20 2015, 07:14 PM

26 posts

Time Dot Com

Maxis just did it for their mobile plans... rclxms.gif

NO CONTRACT... rclxm9.gif

EdgeTV: MAXIS BAITS CUSTOMERS WITH ZERO CONTRACT, ZERO UPFRONT FEE PLAN

This post has been edited by cyborgclone: Aug 20 2015, 07:16 PM
refnulf
post Sep 15 2015, 08:36 PM

I love Hulu
7,937 posts

Same issue with Unifi, they offer all the best packages to new subscribers. People are paying a lot lower than what I pay for Unifi VIP 20 but there's no discount for loyal 4-5 year subscribers. So if I want the price, I have to just terminate my account and reapply for it with the better price.

Now with Unifi 30/50 you can just upgrade and you'll automatically be enrolled in their 24 month contract with the new price.

For Time, same thing. If you were paying RM399 for 50 and your contract is over, you'll continue to pay the same price unless you sign up for their new promotion which gives you the better price.

It's the same thing everywhere. Even with your cell phone package, if you don't check out the new packages, and upgrade/downgrade you continue paying. They're not going to call you and say you're over paying.

TScyborgclone
post Oct 6 2015, 07:46 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(refnulf @ Sep 15 2015, 08:36 PM)
Same issue with Unifi, they offer all the best packages to new subscribers. People are paying a lot lower than what I pay for Unifi VIP 20 but there's no discount for loyal 4-5 year subscribers. So if I want the price, I have to just terminate my account and reapply for it with the better price.

Now with Unifi 30/50 you can just upgrade and you'll automatically be enrolled in their 24 month contract with the new price.

For Time, same thing. If you were paying RM399 for 50 and your contract is over, you'll continue to pay the same price unless you sign up for their new promotion which gives you the better price.

It's the same thing everywhere. Even with your cell phone package, if you don't check out the new packages, and upgrade/downgrade you continue paying. They're not going to call you and say you're over paying.
Your answer should not be just to give up. "It's the same thing everywhere". Dont get me wrong it just sounds like it...

At least your aware, icon_question.gif to get the rest to be aware.

1. Consumer Rights
2. Profiteering - a person/business who makes excessive profits, esp by charging exorbitant prices for goods or services. verb. (intransitive) to make excessive profits. profiteering, noun.

Maxis can do it for their mobile plans...
NO CONTRACT... notworthy.gif
Why not the rest ?

refnulf
post Oct 7 2015, 11:36 AM

I love Hulu
7,937 posts

Maxis are a bunch a morons.
TScyborgclone
post Oct 8 2015, 05:41 PM

26 posts