Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies SPY | 21 MAY 2015 |, Comedy and Action

views

SUSInF.anime
post Jun 1 2015, 12:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,695 posts

QUOTE(jackjack1988 @ May 25 2015, 06:01 AM)
One hell of a funny movie LOL

Never laughed so hard in a cinema before .
Only Stephen Chow old movie can make me laugh
jackjack1988
post Jun 1 2015, 05:48 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(rotloi @ May 31 2015, 07:34 PM)
I need to watch it one more time please.. Jason statham 's long exaggerated joke are fascinating... magnifito..

My wife jump off the plane ! got hit by a plane flew by in a "mid air" ...

I was on fire inside the car.. it was not the car on fire , I am on fire !
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

I need to watch this one more time as well LOL
jackjack1988
post Jun 1 2015, 05:50 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(InF.anime @ Jun 1 2015, 12:28 AM)
Only Stephen Chow old  movie can make me laugh
Worth giving it a try .
I have been a fan of old Stephen Chow comedy and you could not find any actor in the modern HK comedy industry that could replace him.

shinjite
post Jun 1 2015, 09:02 AM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

Watched it yesterday, it was funny and entertaining. It was Melissa's best performance so far and she nailed it nicely. Jude Law was being Jude Law, super spy suave with a sense of klutziness (beginning scene) and was hilarious too.

Jason Statham, OMG......tough guy spy with a mouth of an AK47.....his funniest role thus far thumbup.gif
fix24311
post Jun 1 2015, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(futra @ May 27 2015, 10:11 AM)
If RT rates it 100%, then it's a definite must watch movie!

Jude Law and jason Statham alone are worth watching.. just that never seen them in a comical flick before.. hmm.gif
u might be disappointed because they don't have any scene together. And...personally I think they're both don't deserve co-star credit.
their appearance are quite short, like a cameo smile.gif

If u love Jason Statham, you'll love him in this. Definitely the best performance so far I saw in Jason thumbup.gif

QUOTE(InF.anime @ Jun 1 2015, 12:28 AM)
Only Stephen Chow old  movie can make me laugh
u must give it a try! i rate this funny as similar to stephen chow movies! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by fix24311: Jun 1 2015, 11:14 PM
air_mood
post Jun 2 2015, 11:20 PM

Randy Marsh, Guitar Queer-O
4,146 posts

QUOTE(fix24311 @ Jun 1 2015, 11:13 PM)
u might be disappointed because they don't have any scene together. And...personally I think they're both don't deserve co-star credit.
their appearance are quite short, like a cameo smile.gif

If u love Jason Statham, you'll love him in this. Definitely the best performance so far I saw in Jason thumbup.gif
u must give it a try! i rate this funny as similar to stephen chow movies! thumbup.gif
They have 1 scene together at the end? The Beverly Whine thingy.
Mov_freak
post Jun 3 2015, 01:20 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Spy (2015)

laugh.gif

Definitely a Melissa McCarthy vehicle.

Jason Statham exercising his comedic muscles (his biggest wish had always been to be a comedian. Alas, his built makes casting director to pigeon hole him into action hero/bad guy roles... The injustice of it all!!! doh.gif )

A friend of mine commented after watching this movie that Jude Law should be the next James Bond!!

Speaking of James Bond, this movie SHAMELESSLY plagerised from James Bond. SHAMELESSLY. And have to add, it actually works.

The plot line is nonsensical, but then again, it is a comedy, so no one is actually keeping track... (Well, maybe me, chalk it up to my OCD...)

Because of Melissa McCarthy, fat jokes a plenty.

Morena Baccarin is in this (hubba hubba) but alas... such a small character...

Now, whilst watching the movie, I keep going, who is this? Where have I seen her before?? (Rose Byrne).

Did a quick search after the movie and.... DUH!!?! The mother from Insidious.... Kudos, she is a chameleon, she is so good at her role, you cannot remember what she was previously!!!

If you are looking for a comedy, to chill after a hard days work, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Spy (2015).

My Two Sen
ZenMmm
post Jun 3 2015, 09:19 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(xphossis @ May 31 2015, 10:36 PM)
Do you mean Stuckmanized?

You need to get more original dude  cool2.gif
Thanks, xphossis. smile.gif
Couldn't think of anything then, will stretch them creative muscles.
6so
post Jun 3 2015, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(ZenMmm @ Jun 3 2015, 10:19 AM)
Thanks, xphossis.  smile.gif
Couldn't think of anything then, will stretch them creative muscles.
Think you need to find your own voice. Schmoes, Jahn or Stuckmann already got the casual film critique coverages. Then the snobbish Mark Kermode and What the flick will look at movies from the perspectives of a more traditional editorial approach. No harm if you familiarize yourself with film making ideologies such as auteur theory and french new waves to pad your understanding or knowledge so to form your own opinion better.
One of the easiest way is to follow a career path of a legendary film director like Kubrick,Scorsese,etc....not the Michael Bay type la!
As you watch every subsequent film about them, whether the good or the bad one. Try to identify the soul of each film as not just in personal preference but story structure, art direction, cinematography, editing, and music placement. A great film director will always stamp his personal voice and message in the films he made. Some does it with acting performances like Scorsese, some just relies on cinematography like Terrence Malick and some just uses personal stylistic approach as in Tarantino. Then you have Kubrick who reinterpret the rules of whatever genre he works in. biggrin.gif
lyn_grayskale
post Jun 3 2015, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

After having enough of the spy genre (SKYFALL the most recent disappointment) - this movie, for me - the highlight of the year so far.

One dialogue exchange in the trailer - is not in the movie - goes something like this:

[while discussing about Susan becoming an agent]
SUSANS BOSS: Don't let me down, Cooper.
SUSAN: No I won't - I will let you up.
SUSANS BOSS: Ok stop talking.
SUSAN: I will let you up.

Sounds corny in written format - but it made me want to watch it whilst watching the trailer.

Did anybody crack up when -as part of her disguise- she gets a wristwatch with the "Beaches" movie theme picture(with Barbara Hershey/Bette Midler) on it? Its hilarious because "Beaches" (featuring the 'wind beneath my wings' theme song) is just what the type of character Susan is trying to impersonate, would be a fan of.

[Rayna Boyanov - busy on her smartphone -"I'm not texting! I'm playing Candy crush!"]

This post has been edited by lyn_grayskale: Jun 3 2015, 03:45 PM
ZenMmm
post Jun 3 2015, 04:31 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jun 3 2015, 12:43 PM)
Think you need to find your own voice. Schmoes, Jahn or Stuckmann already got the casual film critique coverages. Then the snobbish Mark Kermode and What the flick will look at movies from the perspectives of a more traditional editorial approach. No harm if you familiarize yourself with film making ideologies such as auteur theory and french new waves to pad your understanding or knowledge so to form your own opinion better.
One of the easiest way is to follow a career path of a legendary film director like Kubrick,Scorsese,etc....not the Michael Bay type la!
As you watch every subsequent film about them, whether the good or the bad one. Try to identify the soul of each film as not just in personal preference but story structure, art direction, cinematography, editing, and music placement. A great film director will always stamp his personal voice and message in the films he made. Some does it with acting performances like Scorsese, some just relies on cinematography like Terrence Malick and some just uses personal stylistic approach as in Tarantino. Then you have Kubrick who reinterpret the rules of whatever genre he works in. biggrin.gif
Whoa.
Deep and in-depth stuff right there.
Really appreciate you taking the time to write it out.
It’s definitely direction I wanna head towards.
It'll definitely take me some time to get there.
Decided to put my videos up here for the reception and feedback survey, and you two (Xphossis) are thumbup.gif
Thanks for supporting the channel in this way.
Hopefully you'll consider subscribing. smile.gif
Appreciate it, bros. cool2.gif

ragedude10
post Jun 6 2015, 10:37 PM

7 posts

Today just watched this movie after seeing so many good comments here. I never have such a good laugh for watching movie since I can remembered for quite a long time.
One hilarious scene I have to mention is when Melissa trying to chase the killer ( Nargis Fakhri ), she try to imitate Nargis jumping from car to car but couldn't and fell down. I laughed my a** off for that particular scene. Really a funny movie, worth every penny ( like the character Penny Morgan in the movie ). I really enjoy Jason Statham's character ,he make me crack up every time.
neorage_x
post Jun 7 2015, 02:39 PM

Casual
395 posts

Jason Statham stole the show in every scene!! Hahahaha best performance by Melissa by far this time. Can't stop laughing!!
fix24311
post Jun 7 2015, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(air_mood @ Jun 2 2015, 11:20 PM)
They have 1 scene together at the end? The Beverly Whine thingy.
beverly whine? isn't that just Statham and McCarthy? unsure.gif
can't remember Law and Statham share any scenes together
elm0001
post Jun 8 2015, 03:21 PM

I'm Tyrion Lannister's whore
943 posts

Rose Byrne stole the movie.

if Melissa could be an Oscar nominee for Bridesmaid, Rose Byrne should be nominated as best supporting actress next yr
air_mood
post Jun 8 2015, 07:20 PM

Randy Marsh, Guitar Queer-O
4,146 posts

QUOTE(fix24311 @ Jun 7 2015, 10:40 PM)
beverly whine? isn't that just Statham and McCarthy? unsure.gif
can't remember Law and Statham share any scenes together
Don't want to spoil it by giving too much details, but Jason Statham had his arm around Jude Law while the latter's arm was still hurt, referring to him as Beverly Whine if I'm not mistaken.
masterelr
post Jun 8 2015, 09:57 PM

Enthusiast
987 posts

Damn Jason Statham can actually do comedy while still being himself and not doing anything stupid (except the last part where his coat got stuck on the door knob or something).

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:12 AM