Broadband provider
ISP/package: VIP5 Unifi
Have you called your ISP's helpline?: Every night

Personal equipment
Modem: Default Unifi Modem
Router: Default Unifi Router
Firewall used:

Problem details
First occurence of problem: Saturday (16.05.15)
Problem frequency: Every day possibly every hour

Short description:
Unable to connect to the Internet, both Internet and DSL light is not lit up. Even if it does get connected it will only lasts about an hour or two (if i'm lucky).

Problem description:

Hi guys, I've just installed vip5 unifi last saturday. All was working perfectly fine in the morning when they installed the connection, then I went out in the afternoon and came back at night. When I was home, I noticed that the Internet and DSL lights on the modem are no longer lit up. So I went ahead and restarted the modem. Tried a couple of times, didn't work so I rang up unifi support. They helped me to reset the port, restarted modem and it worked for an hour then I was disconnected again. It happened around 8-9pm

On the second day (until today), the same problem keeps repeating itself the same time and possibly other times too. I followed the exact routine to restart the modem many times but the problem persists. Called unifi support and reset the port but the problem could not be resolved. This time they said they will send a technician up but until today no one has contacted me and I've been calling them every night to report the same problem.

It's really frustrating as I need to work at night and TM is not being helpful at all.

Some questions:
1. Has anyone experienced this before?
2. Would getting a different modem help?
3. I've checked the settings on the modem to ensure my username ends with @unify.my
4. Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.
JosephChen
post May 26 2015, 07:11 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

Log a case to CFM or skmm.
TS3antz
post May 27 2015, 08:18 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

Thanks JosephChen. Issue has been resolved. It was due to a faulty jumper, TM only came after numerous complaints.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:21 AM