Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cantonese Language, Why some Chinese people deny it?

views

SUSrobertchoo
post May 22 2015, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,753 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ May 22 2015, 01:45 PM)
Klang people mostly is Hokkienese, of course they'll speak their mother tongue language more, they didn't learn Cantonese. While KL and Ipoh Cantonese also same, they didn't learn Hokkien.

Cantonese China is not the only language in southern China, Hokkien also from part of Southern China. If you wanted everyone to follow majority, like majority is southern China is Cantonese, then you should agree what China doing is right, as Mandarin is the major language there.

The idea of unification is to have only 1 language, if there is 2 official language, it still create separation.

Anyway, I think why most countries chosen Mandarin as official Chinese language is because China being the biggest Chinese population country chosen this language as their official language. You don't want Malaysian that say they are Chinese but only learn Cantonese, then later go China can't communicate with Chinese there. laugh.gif
I'm not saying they should replace mandarin with cantonese. They should instead learn canto AND mandarin. Canto is widely used around the world too.
pundekman
post May 22 2015, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(Jared Leto @ May 19 2015, 08:18 PM)
But why almost all of my friends say that Cantonese is not really a "chinese-kind-of-thing" hmm.gif
Coz u have idiots as friends
TSJared Leto
post May 22 2015, 05:11 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(pundekman @ May 22 2015, 04:55 PM)
Coz u have idiots as friends
Even though I just knew them but I cannot label them as idiots. sad.gif

7 Pages « < 5 6 7
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:34 PM