Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Spend Time with your toddler/kids

views

TSarthurlwf
post May 19 2015, 01:52 AM, updated 9y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

When a baby is born till 2 years old, there isn't much thing to do except feed, bath, change diaper, sleep, and watch baby grow to stand, crawl, walk, speak first word, etc. Some parent whom can afford to spend few hundreds may sign up their baby (age less than 2 years old) to right/left brain class, swimming class, or whatever you call class...

Once our children grow beyond 2 years old, then it seems gadget or watching youtube/tv is a common activity.
How do you as a father/mother spend time with ya kids?

Here are the activity that my toddler do most of the time:stars:
- Play game apps in android phone (without sim card)
- Watch children youtube show

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

Here are the list of contribution from forumer:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by arthurlwf: May 20 2015, 12:32 AM
ShadowR1
post May 19 2015, 02:04 AM

Im still HeRe ...
1,705 posts

Hey TS ... try outdoor.

Picnic, let d lil follo craw, walk or run on grass for a start.
dawja5215
post May 19 2015, 02:38 AM

Casual
378 posts

I'm not a parent yet, heck, I'm not even married.. But if you allow me to share my opinions, I'm honoured.

I would like them to be brought up away from things that involves less thinking, preferably away from gadgets and all.. Maybe get Fisher Price's toys, read them books, and a good deal of curiosity..
vandoren
post May 19 2015, 12:12 PM

Casual
488 posts

For outdoor, you may bring them to play park, swimming or library.
If stay at home, you may buy some wooden block, lego or kinetic sand to play with him...
TSarthurlwf
post May 20 2015, 12:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

QUOTE(ShadowR1 @ May 19 2015, 02:04 AM)
Hey TS ... try outdoor.

Picnic, let d lil follo craw, walk or run on grass for a start.
Baby now is 2 years old and I like ya idea on running on the grass thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
However, this can be done on the weekend with condition that there is no rain, haze... lately KL had been raining cats & dog rclxub.gif
TSarthurlwf
post May 20 2015, 12:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

QUOTE(dawja5215 @ May 19 2015, 02:38 AM)
I'm not a parent yet, heck, I'm not even married.. But if you allow me to share my opinions, I'm honoured.

I would like them to be brought up away from things that involves less thinking, preferably away from gadgets and all.. Maybe get Fisher Price's toys, read them books, and a good deal of curiosity..
Fisher price toy is expensive and now with GST, haiz....

I like the read book idea but baby can't pay attention to the book and will run off around the home... sweat.gif
TSarthurlwf
post May 20 2015, 12:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

QUOTE(vandoren @ May 19 2015, 12:12 PM)
For outdoor, you may bring them to play park, swimming or library.
If stay at home, you may buy some wooden block, lego or kinetic sand to play with him...
Had tried wooden block, lego and kinetic sand ... only for a while... the lego is the worst toy which I believe my baby cannot comprehend how lego works yet as his little finger have a hard time to assemble the lego blocks
ShadowR1
post May 20 2015, 01:18 AM

Im still HeRe ...
1,705 posts

QUOTE(arthurlwf @ May 20 2015, 12:25 AM)
Baby now is 2 years old and I like ya idea on running on the grass  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
However, this can be done on the weekend with condition that there is no rain, haze... lately KL had been raining cats & dog rclxub.gif
Well, as the saying goes ... if there's a will ... there's ....

Possible for wife n lo fetch u after work and head to the nearest park for a picnic (dinner) ?
carmenyta
post May 20 2015, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
266 posts

outdoors:-
play at the park, let them run around. if got lake or pond with fish, bring bread and let them feed. then after that picnic a while. then let them play either run some more or go to the playground or blow bubbles. haha

go to petting zoo.

indoors:
painting. just give them a big piece of paper and some art supplies and let them go wild.
play plasticine- good for motor skills.
print out coloring pages for website.
lego or other building blocks. i bought my son another type of building 'blocks' - gigo junior engineer. i dunno if got other type or not cause this one is more for boys, got plastic screwdriver and all but the toys itself are big enough for toddler's hand to hold.

Drian
post May 20 2015, 09:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

Letting them play ipad is a no no.
Their language and social development will be slower and their ability to concentrate will be impaired.
After exposing your kids to ipad for many years and they go primary school do you really think they can now concentrate on schoolwork and the teacher ?

Taiwan has implemented a ban on ipad on toddlers recently.

For me I would want them to play with REAL things and toys outdoors and indoors, definitely not computer games, ipad and tv.

This post has been edited by Drian: May 20 2015, 09:59 AM
dvinez
post May 20 2015, 06:03 PM

Limited Edition
1,473 posts

my/wife work place and my house is nearby, hence i have plenty of time with my kid

i usually bring her to;

playround/garden at least once a week
shopping complex at least trice a week
play session together at night every weekday

im okay with ipad, i see nothing wrong with it, game are fine too.
in fact i think it helps their development and learning progress.

my girl can talk, sing and learn very well, her understanding above average at 2 years old.
she usually get bored with ipad in about 45-60 mins and will ask us to play together.

it depends on how parent monitor and teach them in their growing process.
of course, if you do not have time and confidence, it might be better to prohibit it.
i absolutely do not recommend tv/ipad entertainment for your kid if you have only only few pathetic hours to spend with them everyday. let them spend all those time with you instead.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:52 PM