Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hotlinks Data Roaming charges, Hotlinks Data Roaming charges

views

TScnthwz
post May 17 2015, 08:12 PM, updated 9y ago

8 posts

When I am in Singapore, I set my iphone data roaming to off but the estatement keep charging me RM0.46 many times a day. Why is that so?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
sms2u
post May 20 2015, 03:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,153 posts

QUOTE(cnthwz @ May 17 2015, 08:12 PM)
When I am in Singapore, I set my iphone data roaming to off but the estatement keep charging me RM0.46 many times a day. Why is that so?
Which version of iphone u used?
Should check iphone instead of hotlink plan.
#Hotlink
post May 21 2015, 01:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

- PMed -
kit2
post Oct 17 2015, 10:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

i'm starting to face the same problem. did you manage to get the issue resolved?

thanks!
#Hotlink
post Oct 18 2015, 04:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(kit2 @ Oct 17 2015, 10:11 PM)
i'm starting to face the same problem. did you manage to get the issue resolved?

thanks!
--PMed--

lalachong
post Oct 19 2015, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

Hi Hotlink, I also have the similar problem.

I frequently travel to Singapore, always turn off roaming, and never had this deduction before?

I was charged RM2.76 yesterday, then my balance is below RM10 already...

please let me know the reason. thank you.
#Hotlink
post Oct 19 2015, 03:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(lalachong @ Oct 19 2015, 03:03 PM)
Hi Hotlink, I also have the similar problem.

I frequently travel to Singapore, always turn off roaming, and never had this deduction before?

I was charged RM2.76 yesterday, then my balance is below RM10 already...

please let me know the reason. thank you.
--PMed--
louisebola
post Oct 20 2015, 05:57 PM

1 posts

I faced the same problem and was charged nearly RM200 last few months. Made a call to complain but was told they cant do anything on it. This is not the first time I was unreasonably charged by Hotlink. Here I share another few times.

The first time, I did't realize my number was deactivated because they allowed me to top up through maybank2u, my money was well-deducted, but the money did not go into my account. In the end, when I couldn't call out, I realize my number was deactivated and circulated in the market. I spent a few hundreds to buy the number back and sign up maxis prepaid plan. They told me I couldn't get the "top-up" money refund to me. This is my first experience being robbed.

Second experience being robbed, when I traveled to oversea, I bought the voice pass but in the end I couldn't use it. When I called the customer service, I was told the service was not available in the area I traveled to. Why charged me and sold me the pass if the service was not available? The system should be improved to make sure you can deliver the service before taking customer's money. I was then asked to go back to the service center to get refund. Since the petrol and car park is more than the pass itself, I got to accept the forced-donation.

I have been staying with Hotlink for more than 12 years, but this is what I get in return for being a loyal customer. I am really disappointed and am planning to switch to other network.

zher4883
post Oct 20 2015, 06:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,490 posts

QUOTE(louisebola @ Oct 20 2015, 05:57 PM)
I faced the same problem and was charged nearly RM200 last few months. Made a call to complain but was told they cant do anything on it. This is not the first time I was unreasonably charged by Hotlink. Here I share another few times.

The first time, I did't realize my number was deactivated because they allowed me to top up through maybank2u, my money was well-deducted, but the money did not go into my account. In the end, when I couldn't call out, I realize my number was deactivated and circulated in the market. I spent a few hundreds to buy the number back and sign up maxis prepaid plan. They told me I couldn't get the "top-up" money refund to me. This is my first experience being robbed.

Second experience being robbed, when I traveled to oversea, I bought the voice pass but in the end I couldn't use it. When I called the customer service, I was told the service was not available in the area I traveled to. Why charged me and sold me the pass if the service was not available? The system should be improved to make sure you can deliver the service before taking customer's money. I was then asked to go back to the service center to get refund. Since the petrol and car park is more than the pass itself, I got to accept the forced-donation.

I have been staying with Hotlink for more than 12 years, but this is what I get in return for being a loyal customer. I am really disappointed and am planning to switch to other network.
Maxis too busy serving their customer who spent 200++ per month until don't even want to bother customer that doesn't spend as much.
Maxis
post Oct 20 2015, 09:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(louisebola @ Oct 20 2015, 05:57 PM)

QUOTE(zher4883 @ Oct 20 2015, 06:37 PM)
Maxis too busy serving their customer who spent 200++ per month until don't even want to bother customer that doesn't spend as much.
Hi louisebola & zher4883,

We are sincerely apologize for such delay in responding to your concerns and your experience occurred to your good self.

Dear louisebola,

We would like you to PM us for further assistance on your concern.

Thank you
darrenwong
post Dec 28 2015, 09:51 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(Maxis @ Oct 20 2015, 09:58 PM)
Hi louisebola & zher4883,

We are sincerely apologize for such delay in responding to your concerns and your experience occurred to your good self.

Dear louisebola,

We would like you to PM us for further assistance on your concern.

Thank you
Dear Maxis / #Hotlink,

My mobile account has been compromised with the same issue too as mentioned before based on OP. Suddenly my account has been charged RM2.76 without even turning on any data roaming on my Redmi 2. Please advise on this matter urgently. Thanks.

Edit: Wow, I was charged another RM2.76 again within another 30 minutes! mad.gif

This post has been edited by darrenwong: Dec 28 2015, 10:40 PM
#Hotlink
post Dec 29 2015, 04:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(darrenwong @ Dec 28 2015, 09:51 PM)
Dear Maxis / #Hotlink,

My mobile account has been compromised with the same issue too as mentioned before based on OP. Suddenly my account has been charged RM2.76 without even turning on any data roaming on my Redmi 2. Please advise on this matter urgently. Thanks.

Edit: Wow, I was charged another RM2.76 again within another 30 minutes! mad.gif
--PMed--
jncheong
post Dec 30 2015, 12:49 PM

1 posts

I've faced the same problem. Data roaming was turned off for my phone. But I was charged RM 2.76 twice. Please help.
#Hotlink
post Dec 30 2015, 03:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(jncheong @ Dec 30 2015, 12:49 PM)
I've faced the same problem. Data roaming was turned off for my phone. But I was charged RM 2.76 twice. Please help.
Hi jncheong,

We would highly suggest that you turn off all the mobile data based applications in your device, turn off mobile data and data roaming when you are in oversea.

Any usage detected from the device, you will incurs data roaming charges. To avoid such charges, you may refer to our Hotlink International Roaming.

Thank you
hinamoriamu
post Jan 2 2016, 01:24 AM

On my way
578 posts

QUOTE(jncheong @ Dec 30 2015, 12:49 PM)
Highly suspect is due to 4G, does your hotlink sim card is 4G ready?
If yes try to off 4g/LTE and monitor, if it does not deduct any more amt I think this should be the ans
scamboy
post Jan 2 2016, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

Should turn off both data and data roaming.

Some mobile networks are configured in a way where data even works with the need to roam, despite you are actually roaming.
sillyboy
post Jan 25 2016, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

I'm having the same issue.
Please advise.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
#Hotlink
post Jan 25 2016, 03:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(sillyboy @ Jan 25 2016, 03:03 PM)
I'm having the same issue.
Please advise.
Hi,

Pls PM the below details for further checking.

1. Mobile number
2. Full name
3. Phone model
4. Alternate contact number.

TQ
jb5789
post Mar 3 2018, 12:27 AM

2 posts

Hi,

I encounter same situation when I roaming in singapore, hotlink charges RM0.14 or RM0.46 from my balance. Please help in urgent as it been ver long i being charge for these amount

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
jb5789
post Mar 20 2018, 09:49 PM

2 posts

Any advise? Please help

QUOTE(jb5789 @ Mar 3 2018, 12:27 AM)
Hi,

I encounter same situation when I roaming in singapore, hotlink charges RM0.14 or RM0.46 from my balance. Please help in urgent as it been ver long i being charge for these amount

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0248sec    0.09    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:59 AM