Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Myvi head unit white screen of death

views

fallenj
post Nov 22 2018, 11:27 AM

0 posts

Just wish to share my experience and thank the folks here for the contribution.

My Myvi SE1.5 year 2013 model started encountering this same problem (i.e. Radio Unit hangs at the Perodua Logo & does not respond to controls) in early November 2018 (so over 5 years - warranty over). I went to my usual Service Centre that I've been frequenting for the past 10 years (had a Kenari before) and the SC basically said
- common problem with this model, they (SC) don't know how to fix.
- not worth it to send it back to supplier
- better to approach Car Audio Shop
(I thrust this SC but I think they just don't want to handle the hassle themselves since it's not within their means to fix dry.gif ).

Went around Car Audio Shop in USJ and Subang Jaya, generally the same response - can't be fixed, better to replace with new unit. Cost varies based on models' features from RM300 to over 1K. blink.gif

Followed the suggestion of contributors here to contact the supplier, Betamek Electronics (www.betamek.com.my). In summary;

(1) Called on Monday (19 Nov) and made appointment for Thursday (22 Nov) - provided car registration, contact number and preferred date/time. Was told to bring Car Service Book/Log.
(2) Arrived at Rawang at 8:30AM and registered at the Guard House. The guard called the Technical Department, gave my car registration number and told me to park at a designated area. Technician been informed to come out.
(3) Technician came out at 8:30AM to have a look. Dismantled the unit and told me to wait.
(4) Came back at 8:50AM and fixed back to unit. Tested the functions (i.e. Radio, DVD, USB, GPS and controls). I'd ask whether it was a hardware issue or software issue. He explained it (in my case) was a contact/connection issue - and that's why it the unit can sometimes work.

No charge/cost (for my case), hence ALL GOOD rclxm9.gif

BETAMEK ELECTRONICS (M) SDN.BHD
Lot 137, Lingkaran Taman Industri Integrasi Rawang 2,
Taman Industri Integrasi Rawang,
48000 Rawang, Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Tel: 03-6092 8511,12,13,14 (Main Line)
Technical department: 03-6092 8516

The Waiting Area and Service Time information (Monday to Friday, starts 8:30AM to 4:30PM)
user posted image

What was done
user posted image

This post has been edited by fallenj: Nov 22 2018, 11:29 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:48 PM