Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Myvi head unit white screen of death

views

khk1987
post Feb 2 2018, 04:52 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Mine recently fixed too. I sent to Perodua SC and they detach it to deliver to Betamax technician at Rawang. Within a week make another appointment at Perodua SC to assemble back to my car's dashboard. Cost about RM18 for labor fee.
SentryWarX
post Mar 26 2018, 03:52 PM

Just to chip in that i did mine today FOC, under 30 minutes. The place is far though and also just a heads up.

Call Betamek make an appointment first. After that upon reaching the Kilang/factory, the guard will direct u to park at the Service Area.

Next a technician will automatically come out and do brief inspection, have a look at your Perodua Service Book. He disassembles the HU and comes back 30 minutes - KAODIM. Go home lol

I believe this issue is common by now. Always doubt whatever the SC says!

Last time SC told me 3 months to fix and RM1k-3k so i never fixed it over a year LOL!
weebeng
post Apr 18 2018, 10:36 AM

My myvi 1.5se player hang at perodua logo when restart car. Year of manufacture is 2012. If I send to Betamek to fix would it cost me a lot?
crewzer
post Sep 24 2018, 11:50 AM

QUOTE(SentryWarX @ Mar 26 2018, 03:52 PM)
Just to chip in that i did mine today FOC, under 30 minutes. The place is far though and also just a heads up.

Call Betamek make an appointment first. After that upon reaching the Kilang/factory, the guard will direct u to park at the Service Area.

Next a technician will automatically come out and do brief inspection, have a look at your Perodua Service Book. He disassembles the HU and comes back 30 minutes - KAODIM. Go home lol

Last time SC told me 3 months to fix and RM1k-3k so i never fixed it over a year LOL!
Hi, what if we are at another state? Betamek only have at KL right?
Ciypher
post Sep 24 2018, 01:18 PM

Group: Newbie

Anybody bought the Betamek touch screen HU dierectly from them? Cost?
SentryWarX
post Sep 27 2018, 03:18 PM

QUOTE(crewzer @ Sep 24 2018, 11:50 AM)
Hi, what if we are at another state? Betamek only have at KL right?
From my knowledge it's only at that one place. Just call them up schedule an appointment. The servicing will be done outdoors under like a tiny "Customer Service" zinc atap area because the main office is actually a factory lol so tentatively customers are not required to enter the factory/attached factory office alongside it.
Buddy05
post Sep 28 2018, 12:05 PM

Getting Started

Guys u can contact this number :

0123612505 (Eric) Shah Alam Area ,
0169869651 (Choy) Kuantan Area

Instant Repair with 3 months warranty ,
Collinhong92
post Nov 10 2018, 10:50 PM

QUOTE(SentryWarX @ Mar 26 2018, 03:52 PM)

Bro do you know what chip they replace? Its FOC? Mine alrdy over warranty

godzlarz
post Nov 21 2018, 12:44 PM

My 1.5 SE 2012 model Myvi was having issues with the screen, always hang and just occasionally manage to load the software.

Thanks to all that contributed information here, i just got mine fixed recently.

Gave a call to Betamek to schedule an appointment.
Drove to Rawang, register at guard house, park at service area, technician come and take a look at your service book, dismantle the unit, brough it back to his office to update, back within 30 minutes and it’s done!

The technician said that this issue is common and it’s a fix for the first and last time.

No fee was asked so i said thank you and drove home happily!

fallenj
post Nov 22 2018, 11:27 AM

Just wish to share my experience and thank the folks here for the contribution.

My Myvi SE1.5 year 2013 model started encountering this same problem (i.e. Radio Unit hangs at the Perodua Logo & does not respond to controls) in early November 2018 (so over 5 years - warranty over). I went to my usual Service Centre that I've been frequenting for the past 10 years (had a Kenari before) and the SC basically said
- common problem with this model, they (SC) don't know how to fix.
- not worth it to send it back to supplier
- better to approach Car Audio Shop
(I thrust this SC but I think they just don't want to handle the hassle themselves since it's not within their means to fix dry.gif ).

Went around Car Audio Shop in USJ and Subang Jaya, generally the same response - can't be fixed, better to replace with new unit. Cost varies based on models' features from RM300 to over 1K. blink.gif

Followed the suggestion of contributors here to contact the supplier, Betamek Electronics (www.betamek.com.my). In summary;

(1) Called on Monday (19 Nov) and made appointment for Thursday (22 Nov) - provided car registration, contact number and preferred date/time. Was told to bring Car Service Book/Log.
(2) Arrived at Rawang at 8:30AM and registered at the Guard House. The guard called the Technical Department, gave my car registration number and told me to park at a designated area. Technician been informed to come out.
(3) Technician came out at 8:30AM to have a look. Dismantled the unit and told me to wait.
(4) Came back at 8:50AM and fixed back to unit. Tested the functions (i.e. Radio, DVD, USB, GPS and controls). I'd ask whether it was a hardware issue or software issue. He explained it (in my case) was a contact/connection issue - and that's why it the unit can sometimes work.

No charge/cost (for my case), hence ALL GOOD rclxm9.gif

BETAMEK ELECTRONICS (M) SDN.BHD
Lot 137, Lingkaran Taman Industri Integrasi Rawang 2,
Taman Industri Integrasi Rawang,
48000 Rawang, Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Tel: 03-6092 8511,12,13,14 (Main Line)
Technical department: 03-6092 8516

The Waiting Area and Service Time information (Monday to Friday, starts 8:30AM to 4:30PM)
user posted image

What was done
user posted image

This post has been edited by fallenj: Nov 22 2018, 11:29 AM
TSrickyro
post Jan 1 2019, 02:56 PM

Casual

Mine one still working fine until today after repairing biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by rickyro: Jan 1 2019, 02:56 PM
turbocache
post Mar 4 2019, 07:12 PM

Axia also same radio supplier?

2 days ago I had random loading screen hang & physical button not responding symptom. cry.gif
Buddy05
post Mar 7 2019, 01:53 AM

Getting Started

Guys u can contact this number :

0123612505 (Eric) Shah Alam Area ,
0169869651 (Choy) Kuantan Area

Instant Repair within 20 minute with 6 months warranty , can repair Axia White Screen Problem

turbocache
post Mar 11 2019, 08:19 PM

QUOTE(turbocache @ Mar 4 2019, 07:12 PM)
Axia also same radio supplier?

2 days ago I had random loading screen hang & physical button not responding symptom.  cry.gif
My radio unit had revived, blush.gif

As mentioned as above, I went to BETAMEK ELECTRONICS (M) SDN.BHD, took me 30 mins to wait & all gd to go.

Damaged done = Rm40 as warranty expired. sad.gif
xavier7
post Mar 20 2019, 01:19 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

Just got my Myvi radio repaired @ Betamek. Some connection was broken and its soldered back. No charge.
aPiT_OxyMoxy
post Jun 12 2019, 02:22 PM

Casual

TIPS:

1- Always make appointment first before going, if they claim its full, try to talk to them nicely. Manage to slot in my booking after lunch.

2- Their lunch time is 12pm to 1pm, they will start back roughly by 1.15pm

3- Kindly bring along your car service book, they claim that its free for first time and they will be a fees for second time. As for my case i've lost it, so they said there will be additional fees, amount will be advice by technician.

After the technician repair he said its okay no fees, its hardware issue the touch sensor has loosen up already so they tighten up for free. I bought coffee from a nearby cafeteria as a token of appreciation for his kindness, the technician there is very friendly and helpful.

4- Kindly bring along your car grant photocopy. Im not very sure for what, but the technician request that. Lucky me, i did bring it along although its not advice earlier.

aPiT_OxyMoxy
post Jun 12 2019, 02:26 PM

Casual

QUOTE(fallenj @ Nov 22 2018, 12:27 PM)
Just wish to share my experience and thank the folks here for the contribution.

My Myvi SE1.5 year 2013 model started encountering this same problem (i.e. Radio Unit hangs at the Perodua Logo & does not respond to controls) in early November 2018 (so over 5 years - warranty over). I went to my usual Service Centre that I've been frequenting for the past 10 years (had a Kenari before) and the SC basically said
- common problem with this model, they (SC) don't know how to fix.
- not worth it to send it back to supplier
- better to approach Car Audio Shop
(I thrust this SC but I think they just don't want to handle the hassle themselves since it's not within their means to fix  dry.gif ).

Went around Car Audio Shop in USJ and Subang Jaya, generally the same response - can't be fixed, better to replace with new unit. Cost varies based on models' features from RM300 to over 1K.  blink.gif

Followed the suggestion of contributors here to contact the supplier, Betamek Electronics (www.betamek.com.my). In summary;

(1) Called on Monday (19 Nov) and made appointment for Thursday (22 Nov) - provided car registration, contact number and preferred date/time. Was told to bring Car Service Book/Log.
(2) Arrived at Rawang at 8:30AM and registered at the Guard House. The guard called the Technical Department, gave my car registration number and told me to park at a designated area. Technician been informed to come out.
(3) Technician came out at 8:30AM to have a look. Dismantled the unit and told me to wait.
(4) Came back at 8:50AM and fixed back to unit. Tested the functions (i.e. Radio, DVD, USB, GPS and controls). I'd ask whether it was a hardware issue or software issue. He explained it (in my case) was a contact/connection issue - and that's why it the unit can sometimes work.

No charge/cost (for my case), hence ALL GOOD  rclxm9.gif

BETAMEK ELECTRONICS (M) SDN.BHD
Lot 137, Lingkaran Taman Industri Integrasi Rawang 2,
Taman Industri Integrasi Rawang,
48000 Rawang, Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Tel: 03-6092 8511,12,13,14 (Main Line)
Technical department: 03-6092 8516

The Waiting Area and Service Time information (Monday to Friday, starts 8:30AM to 4:30PM)
user posted image

What was done
user posted image
Same issue as mine icon_idea.gif

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0727sec    1.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th June 2019 - 02:26 AM