Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Why Hannah Yeoh so pro-Rohingya?, Has family relation with Rohingya?

views

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 02:36 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ May 16 2015, 06:19 PM)
Is there any way to bring Hannah to this thread? I want to hear her stance before I start my bashing.

Summoning joe_mamak to come forward and defend.
Eh? I kena summoned for this? To defend Hannah? That Hannah Yeoh wub.gif ruffled your feathers?

No need lah.

Red FM had this moderation piece on air these few days.

Something about who do you stand up for.

Is it someone of your religion? Someone from your own community. Someone with the same skin tone as you?

You decide.

Because that is where you draw the line for your humanity; where your humanity stops.

You want to draw the line at Malaysians and let the rest die on the boats, that's your prerogative.

In any case, no one is saying to let the Rohingyas stay in Malaysia. This is about offering help on humanitarian grounds.

I say let them come ashore, feed them, house them, find ways to repatriate them. Or work with other ASEAN countries to find a solution. At least don't let them die on those boats.
joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 02:51 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(SKKPG @ May 18 2015, 02:43 AM)
Once you let them land and house them, how do you repatriate them legally? Its like homeless people, you buy them food and give them money, don't tell me you intend to bring them back your home too?
Now, now. No need for that last remark.

There are no simple solutions. But would you rather let those people die? The are low on food and water. Adrift.

This is a humanitarian issue.

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 02:58 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(SKKPG @ May 18 2015, 02:54 AM)
As i said above, feed them and give them what they need to continue their journey. But definetely not bring them to our shore ( which is our home ).
Their boats ain't all that seaworthy, you know? They have no fuel too.

In any case, they are refugees. UNHCR might be able to assist in some form.

The whole international community; i.e. UN needs to do something.

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:27 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(SKKPG @ May 18 2015, 03:10 AM)
Why you so stubborn, already said give them what they need. Need fuel? Give them fuel. Need to repair boat? Help them repair, heck why not give them a new boat? But why die die need to bring them home? Indonesia and Thailand are being smart not to put their head into this mess.

And do you know the definition of refugee? Its really up to our own point of view. Their country is not at war, nor in a natural disaster, and they claimed to be persecuted which is entirely their own claim so far. So why are they a refugee amd not a troublemaker?
Oh, I am stubborn? It was all just my opinion. You don't have to accept it.

Also, why must I accept your opinion anyway? smile.gif

They have nowhere to sail to lah. Like they are fine sailors anyway. Seems they have been abandoned by the smugglers. So, they just sail here, try to land, sail there, try to land, wherever there is.

Oh, do you know the definition of a refugee? Here, this is from UNHCR -

The 1951 Refugee Convention spells out that a refugee is someone who "owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality, and is unable to, or owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country."

As for violence against them, have you been following the news?

2013 riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Burma_anti-Muslim_riots

2014 in Mandalay
http://www.rfa.org/english/news/myanmar/ri...2014164236.html

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:34 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ May 18 2015, 07:34 AM)
2 ways I look at it.

Firstly, they are lazy opportunists right in the beginning.
There were Bangladeshi and Rohingya on the ship.
Instead of going through a proper process (i.e. getting citizenship, work permit etc), they chose to take the risk sailing South. So, the situation is, they made the decision you pay the price. Lazy motherfuckers who opt an easy way out.

Secondly, Rohingya could have walked back to Bangladesh, instead of sailing South. They could have got their citizenships in Bangladesh and got their working permit to work in other countries. I mean there are options. They could have done that 70 years ago when they wanted to build an Islamic state. But they chose to be rebellious. Again, they made the decision you pay the price. Lazy motherfuckers who opt an easy way out.

If they need food and water, give them.
They won't die if they have food and water.
Need fuel, give them. Need medicine, give them.
If their ships sink, give them sampan.
Then, ask them to go back to Bangladesh.

During WW2, Jews couldn't walk back to Israel.
For Rohingya, they could walk back to Bangladesh.

They could just walk.
The ships are not seaworthy, still they want sail South.
As Dean Winchester said, they had it coming.
They have been facing violence for a while now in Myanmar. Bangladesh, back in 2012 denied entry to some of them because they were viewed as an "economic burden" to Bangladesh. I am not sure if that policy remains. But as it is, about 30,000 of them are already in refugee camps in Bangladesh.

In any case, the here and now is that they are on boats, with limited food, water and fuel. Boats with questionable seaworthiness. Whether they are economic refugees or otherwise, let the UNHCR handle it.

Or you rather they die? Even though they are fleeing Myanmar for economic reasons, not that I say they are.

PS
Seems like DPM already said they would be repatriated. At least they live lah.

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:45 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(Flaming_lion @ May 18 2015, 10:41 AM)
The way I see it, is that its a double-edged sword... It can go both ways...

You can give them refuge status, but do we have the tools, records and ability to take care of them? Failure to do so, would result in these people resorting to crimes to make ends meet...

On the other hand, you can let them rot in the ocean, but its cruel, and we'll get condemned for human rights violations...
We don't have to let these newcomers roam free. biggrin.gif

They can be detained in camps, like the Vietnamese boat people in the late 70s and 80s.

Also, there are already quite a number of Rohingyas with UNHCR refugee cards roaming around in Malaysia. laugh.gif

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:46 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ May 18 2015, 10:44 AM)
They should have gone back 70 years ago, since the day they wanted to set up an Islamic state.
Go tell that to those who were born less than 70 years ago.

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:49 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ May 18 2015, 10:48 AM)
That's why they have it coming.
Go tell them who enter Myanmar illegally and breed like tikus.
You sound very much like some Malaysians. laugh.gif
joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:54 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(Flaming_lion @ May 18 2015, 10:48 AM)
Question: Do you trust our people to be responsible with them? I don't...

I know there are many of them here legally and illegally... I see them looking for metal scraps and rubbish bins to make ends meet...  sweat.gif  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
IIANM, most of them are not here "legally". They find their way into Malaysia illegally. They then seek UNHCR refugee status.

Here, an interesting read - http://www.unhcr.org/535e465a9.html

There are already 35,000 of them registered as refugees over the years.

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:55 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(neoexcaliber @ May 18 2015, 10:52 AM)
And what if the Myanmar government refuses to accept them back after 10 years? At the same time, the refugee population housed on that island has grown by 25% within that time. What then?
That is why, there must be a concerted effort by the international community to put pressure on Myanmar.

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:55 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ May 18 2015, 10:54 AM)
Of course, we are no suckers.

Get them walk back to Bangladesh. Period.
Balik Bangladesh. Balik.

Sounds familiar, eh?

laugh.gif
joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:58 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(SKKPG @ May 18 2015, 10:53 AM)
lol, looks like you did not comprehend the news. It was them that started of the whole riot thing back in 2012, and that is why i call them troublemaker. If they are persecuted, how did they population kept increasing?
Ah...the typical post with bite. You and I probably had a run-in before. And this is a new dupe account. laugh.gif

No need to say who started what lah. You can't collectively blame them. Oh, I forgot. You can and will do so.

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 10:59 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ May 18 2015, 10:56 AM)
It's Rohingya walk balik Bangladesh. Different, bro.
They can't. Bangladesh doesn't want them lah.

No difference. Still balik what.

Do you rage when others tell you to balik? laugh.gif
joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 11:05 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(Flaming_lion @ May 18 2015, 10:58 AM)
Then the question is, why are they able to enter Malaysia in the first place? How do these people get to settle down without worry that our authorities are not keeping an eye on them, considering they came in illegally? Is our government so oblivious about their existence in Malaysia, that now they decided to be heroes?
You know about all the various exercises/attempts to reduce the number of illegals in Malaysia over the years? Yet, there are still so many of them here. Not just Rohingyas but illegals from other countries.

Oh and there is also Sabah. biggrin.gif

Our borders are rather porous, I guess. They get smuggled in by all these human traffickers, which resulted in Malaysia being downgraded by the US in their annual Trafficking in Persons report. Yet Najib gets to play golf with Obama..... hmm.gif

More things to read - http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49e4884c6.html

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 11:07 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ May 18 2015, 11:02 AM)
They naik kapal from Bangladesh.
Can't?

I no rage if I declared war and got kicked out.
I had it coming, if I was the hostile one.
Some didn't want war. They duduk diam-diam, make a living, put food on the tables for their families, yet they get caught up in the racial strife.

They had nothing coming to them.

joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 11:14 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(anonymous4privacy @ May 18 2015, 11:05 AM)
u f**king piece of shit excuse of a human,
If you say you want to investigate, investigate properly, u f**ktard!

The issue/crisis that rohingya is facing is abandanment and exile not Hannah's husaband.

Dont give a shit who the husband is, black white yellow green or f**king alien. what the f**k does that gotta do with what rohingya facing. HKC!

MCB, suddenly open thread  to f**king ask f**ked up question.

I should be asking "WHAT THE F**K is the ADMIN of LOWYAT" doing to F**tard like this.
He is trolling. Can report if you like. biggrin.gif
joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 11:17 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(Flaming_lion @ May 18 2015, 11:14 AM)
Better to smuggle in than to let them in via boat? I think that's all there is to say about the whole situation... Smuggle, no publicity, can give them what you need them to do... Come in by boat, refuge status, game over?

So what if Najib plays golf with Obama? Many "unconvincing" characters had also played golf with Obama, as well as other US Presidents...
I think since that discovery of a mass grave in Thailand, the traffickers have abandoned them.

They were supposed to be smuggled in via boat. But now they are left to their own devices.

No, no big deal about Najib playing golf with Obama. But some people did make it out to be a big deal. laugh.gif
joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 11:18 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(neoexcaliber @ May 18 2015, 10:57 AM)
I don't see a way out for Myanmar too. Even if they did grant the Rohingya's wish for autonomy, they will face the Rohingyas' imminent militaristic expansion within the next few decades. I don't think the Rohingyas have the ability to self-govern and considering their ballooning population, it's only a matter of time till even Bangladesh is dragged in.

Plus, this isn't a good precedent to set. Illegal immigrants grabbing your land because of human rights doesn't sound fun if you imagine the Filipino migrants in Sabah demanding autonomy.
No easy and quick solutions. But the clock is ticking for some of them on boats...
joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 11:25 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ May 18 2015, 11:20 AM)
They won't die on boats with food and drinks given.

They won't die walking back to Bangladesh.
Provided the boats don't sink. smile.gif

Still want to talk about Bangladesh. Here, go read - http://refugeesinternational.org/content/b...urma-bangladesh

Borders already closed....
joe_mamak
post May 18 2015, 11:32 AM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(SKKPG @ May 18 2015, 11:29 AM)
Yes when they are in the wrong, we can't blame them. Good way of making your point. Anyway, how many homeless have you brought back home? Care to share?
Not much point in answering your post, given the way you try to argue. Bye. smile.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:44 PM