Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

milk not pumpig out

views

TSbabyjays_mommy
post May 14 2015, 11:46 AM, updated 9y ago

1 posts

Hi there..

Question 1: my baby is 8 days today. At day 3 and 4 she was admitted due to jaundice so i had to pump at home. Managed to get 1-2 oz. But now that she's back, i can feel my breasts tender full of milk. Even my masseuse tried squeezing it and said its full of milk and it squirts out. but the problem is, when i pump, only tiny droplets come out making about just 0.5 oz (most of the time less) . People say is due to stress and lack of sleep. Is this true? or is there any other solution?

My baby sleeps soundly during the day but at night, she wakes up every hour wanting to latch on and after the 2nd feeding she get frustrated. is this because of lack of milk? Does it mean my milk is not producing as fast as her demand?

Feeling helpless and demotivated to the point I'm considering to give my baby anmum infacare as supplement so that she gets enough milk.

Appreciate any feedback thank u!
ufaiq
post May 14 2015, 12:03 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

Soak towel in a very warm water (boiling + room temp) then warm compress the area. Repeat the procedure again once the towel cools.

You should be milking in no time, congrats! Please calm down and there's no reason to be demoralised. Your body is recovering after the whole labour process. All the best
aredill
post May 14 2015, 12:11 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(babyjays_mommy @ May 14 2015, 11:46 AM)
Hi there..

Question 1:  my baby is 8 days today. At day 3 and 4 she was admitted due to jaundice so i had to pump at home. Managed to get 1-2 oz. But now that she's back, i can feel my breasts tender full of milk. Even my masseuse tried squeezing it and said its full of milk and it squirts out. but the problem is, when i pump, only tiny droplets come out making about just 0.5 oz (most of the time less) . People say is due to stress and lack of sleep. Is this true? or is there any other solution?
Yup...stress can be the cause. Juz keep breasfeeding ur baby even no milk visible to squirt. The baby saliva will stimulate breastfeed process.
Regularly wipes nipple with warm-hot water, so no pores blocked.

My baby sleeps soundly during the day but at night, she wakes up every hour wanting to latch on and after the 2nd feeding she get frustrated. is this because of lack of milk? Does it mean my milk is not producing as fast as her demand?
Depends....usually baby arnd 2weeks doesnt need too much milk. Motivate urself to breastfeed as much as possible.
Dont forget eat food that can naturally help with milk producing like dates, nestum etc.

Feeling helpless and demotivated to the point I'm considering to give my baby anmum infacare as supplement so that she gets enough milk.
Juz prepare incase worry baby got hungry or no milk from breast at all. I use Enfalac A+ for mine.
Also rest & breasfeed in ur most relaxing position. Good luck

Appreciate any feedback thank u!
This post has been edited by aredill: May 14 2015, 12:14 PM
vandoren
post May 14 2015, 12:32 PM

Casual
488 posts

Hi dear, since your baby already back with you, you no need to push yourself to pump smile.gif
Some mummies produce lot's of milk, but pump out little, it may be due to the the way you use the pump not correct or you use a wrong size breast shield.

It's consider a lot if you able to produce 1-2 oz in 2 weeks time, please don't doubt yourself, sometimes baby look for comfort sucking... please continue to direct feed baby...
dp82
post May 15 2015, 08:32 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

TS, my wife has the same issue last time. Dont giv up n maintain ur routine to pump while having a balance diet.

Milk will come eventually & supply>demand.
PrincipaliteY
post May 18 2015, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Sounds very likely like clot.
Like ufaiq says, do warm compress + massage.
Keep on trying, don't give up. Even becoming a mother also need to learn.
It will come.
hanishoney
post May 21 2015, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

It might also be a pump issue. You may want to take your pump back to your servicing provider to check out if the pump has any problem.

My friend also was pumping often and didn't get any milk come out for 2 whole months. Then she finally figured out that her pump's breastshield size was wrong for her. She bought the correct breastshield size and now pumping 5oz per session.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:59 PM