Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DxGx issue on iphone6 plus update: report 3rd time, DxGx confirmed the problem, till 2016!!

views

TSwilliams2011
post May 10 2015, 09:59 AM, updated 9y ago

On my way
615 posts

No doubts, DxGx admitted the issue. Only my taman having this issue (lucky or unlucky).
however, this issue will last till 2016 where I cannot tolerate at all.
currently, the data service is even worst than ever, I cannot connect to internet at all.
previously I still able to connect to whatsapp and wechat, at least.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

hi, I did the 3rd report last week, same solution by DxGx, asked a non-technician called and told me a lot of non-sense (so called solutions by DxGx).

During my report, I had mentioned not to tell me restart phone, check network setting, reset setting, check safari cookies or so forth as a solution since I am iPhone user from 3GS, I do know the basic solutions. however, they end up called me and told me these.

At last, they said this is location maintenance issue. I told the caller, I tested this issue in 2 locations, same result. I insist this is DxGx setting issue on my plan. But she refused and told me location issue. I replied, when is this issue raised, she said early of May. I replied, my problem was since first day I changed plan and phone. she quiet and propose second call by discussing with her PIC first.

I have been waiting for 1 week (normally 24hours) for solution. I get nothing but a sms notification saying they need more time to revert my question.

I never had this problem on previous DxGx plan. Once I change new plan it seems like they lock a setting (day time = normal/high speed, night time = after quota speed) for me.

This is extremely frustrated!

Again, the problem is, my data speed unable to run as good as day time after 7pm at same location/angle I tested for several time/ daily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone having such issue?

I am a DxGx user and get my new 6plus with new plan (i108) in Dec 2014
Since then, every night I also facing poor data service.

Previously I was using i88 with 4S, consistent internet speed (day and night time) till I finish 1GB quota.

However, once I get new phone and changed new plan, I consistently facing low internet speed during night time after 7/8pm. No issue during day time, but cannot proceed at all when surround with crowd e.g. Malacca trip last weekend

The above claim is still within my internet quota, I cannot even finish the 3GB.

I have done 2 reports to DxGx but no solution at all. I was thinking to report 3rd time, but first ask for your advise.

Feel free to feedback as I wish to know whether I am the only one who facing such issue.

Thanks

This post has been edited by williams2011: Jul 5 2015, 12:33 PM
kopifan
post May 10 2015, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
196 posts

Yes I will give it 3rd try since ample GBs unutilized as well as speed should be up to par regardless of price of the phone
officeBoy
post May 10 2015, 09:58 PM

Enthusiast
788 posts

Should try for 3rd round, and further more if possible, its your right and remember you deserve a better service smile.gif

Honestly, i pretty disappointing to our Telco, I used Maxis before, when i reach to my hometown Ipoh, surprised me that there is no signal at all, it getting better after i changed to Digi, however it happen intermittent, sometimes it went bad too ...since now, i just rely on Wifi signal only, caused i feel is wasting my money to pay such amount for bad service ...and i never goes for contract since then

When my phone was under contract, i also keep complained to Telco, it might not help much at beginning...but when they received enough incident, they somehow have to do something with it, this is my experience ...a bad one ...I'm not sure which Telco we can really count in nowadays...heard Celcom could be the better bet but until you really try out smile.gif
attw
post May 11 2015, 08:23 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(officeBoy @ May 10 2015, 09:58 PM)
Should try for 3rd round, and further more if possible, its your right and remember you deserve a better service smile.gif

Honestly, i pretty disappointing to our Telco, I used Maxis before, when i reach to my hometown Ipoh, surprised me that there is no signal at all, it getting better after i changed to Digi, however it happen intermittent, sometimes it went bad too ...since now, i just rely on Wifi signal only, caused i feel is wasting my money to pay such amount for bad service ...and i never goes for contract since then

When my phone was under contract, i also keep complained to Telco, it might not help much at beginning...but when they received enough incident, they somehow have to do something with it, this is my experience ...a bad one ...I'm not sure which Telco we can really count in nowadays...heard Celcom could be the better bet but until you really try out smile.gif
For me, the opposite is true. DiGi sucks at my area where else maxis is better. And I was stuck with a 2 year DiGi contract back then so I went through what you did, keep on complaining to their call centre but with no results. So before you sign a lengthy contract with one particular telco, maybe it's good to buy a prepaid sim card and try first especially at your house, your office and where you go often to ensure those places got good cellular signal and acceptable data speed.
officeBoy
post May 11 2015, 11:25 PM

Enthusiast
788 posts

This is real ass bad ...we paid and not getting what's expecting ...some more GST now, do we see any service improvement? rclxub.gif

QUOTE(attw @ May 11 2015, 08:23 AM)
For me, the opposite is true. DiGi sucks at my area where else maxis is better. And I was stuck with a 2 year DiGi contract back then so I went through what you did, keep on complaining to their call centre but with no results. So before you sign a lengthy contract with one particular telco, maybe it's good to buy a prepaid sim card and try first especially at your house, your office and where you go often to ensure those places got good cellular signal and acceptable data speed.
attw
post May 12 2015, 07:22 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(officeBoy @ May 11 2015, 11:25 PM)
This is real ass bad ...we paid and not getting what's expecting ...some more GST now, do we see any service improvement?  rclxub.gif
What to do... Third world facilities in Bolehland...
TSwilliams2011
post May 17 2015, 10:30 AM

On my way
615 posts

Guys, thanks for the feedback.

I was thinking to report 3rd but would like to see anyone having same issue as mine because i only have such issue during night time.
G-17
post May 17 2015, 05:57 PM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

QUOTE(attw @ May 12 2015, 07:22 AM)
What to do... Third world facilities in Bolehland...
By now, I think third world countries would feel insulted being compared to us.
attw
post May 18 2015, 08:32 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ May 17 2015, 05:57 PM)
By now, I think third world countries would feel insulted being compared to us.
This is true, ha ha ha biggrin.gif
TSwilliams2011
post May 31 2015, 09:15 AM

On my way
615 posts

hi, I did the 3rd report last week, same solution by DxGx, asked a non-technician called and told me a lot of non-sense (so called solutions by DxGx).

During my report, I had mentioned not to tell me restart phone, check network setting, reset setting, check safari cookies or so forth as a solution since I am iPhone user from 3GS, I do know the basic solutions. however, they end up called me and told me these.

At last, they said this is location maintenance issue. I told the caller, I tested this issue in 2 locations, same result. I insist this is DxGx setting issue on my plan. But she refused and told me location issue. I replied, when is this issue raised, she said early of May. I replied, my problem was since first day I changed plan and phone. she quiet and propose second call by discussing with her PIC first.

I have been waiting for 1 week (normally 24hours) for solution. I get nothing but a sms notification saying they need more time to revert my question.

I never had this problem on previous DxGx plan. Once I change new plan it seems like they lock a setting (day time = normal/high speed, night time = after quota speed) for me.

Again, the problem is, my data speed unable to run as good as day time after 7pm at same location/angle I tested for several time/ daily.
prosibu
post May 31 2015, 09:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,360 posts

QUOTE(williams2011 @ May 31 2015, 09:15 AM)

1) did u try if the speed is normal after peak hour?
Eg 2am till 6pm... To make sure ur tested area no congestion issue

2) tried with change to other phone? To make sure it is not ur phone setting issue smile.gif

3) only 3g got issue? Able to Try 4g or even 2g?
To test whether 3g congestion/ 3g is limited by digi

4) can tell me exact location (with address) where u having issue?
So PPL living nearby won't subscribe DG smile.gif

TSwilliams2011
post Jun 4 2015, 09:28 AM

On my way
615 posts

QUOTE(prosibu @ May 31 2015, 09:47 AM)
1) did u try if the speed is normal after peak hour?
Eg 2am till 6pm... To make sure ur tested area no congestion issue

2) tried with change to other phone? To make sure it is not ur phone setting issue smile.gif

3) only 3g got issue? Able to Try 4g or even 2g?
To test whether 3g congestion/ 3g is limited by digi

4) can tell me exact location (with address) where u having issue?
So PPL living nearby won't subscribe DG smile.gif
1) I never tried within 2am to 6am. But the speed obviously back to normal from 7am to 7pm.

2) I will change other phone to test and see.

3) I never tried 2G/4G, even 3G cannot run, I dont think 2G/4G can run better. Why DxGx want to limit my 3G speed?

4) this is definitely not location issue, is my digi issue, as i went several places also having same issue. My member who use DxGx never have this problem.

In conclusion, I insist this is DxGx setting incur the problem.
prosibu
post Jun 4 2015, 11:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,360 posts

QUOTE(williams2011 @ Jun 4 2015, 09:28 AM)
1) I never tried within 2am to 6am. But the speed obviously back to normal from 7am to 7pm.

2) I will change other phone to test and see.

3) I never tried 2G/4G, even 3G cannot run, I dont think 2G/4G can run better. Why DxGx want to limit my 3G speed?

4) this is definitely not location issue, is my digi issue, as i went several places also having same issue. My member who use DxGx never have this problem.

In conclusion, I insist this is DxGx setting incur the problem.
4) is ur member test with u at same location?For my understanding, DiGi will only set QoS based on certain sites due to congestion at peak hour, OR limit users based on package that they have subscribed. laugh.gif
TOMEI-R
post Jun 6 2015, 05:27 PM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,590 posts

Im an ardent Digi supporter. Main reason, Cheap. Enough said.
To answer your question, Digi 2G Lines are FINE. On Par with Maxis and Celcom.

But for Data, 3G and LTE, I can simply say what you are experiencing is common and most Digi users live with it. Even on a good day, your download speeds can never match Maxis LTE. On bad days, you dont even get 3G. You only get Edge. I can conclude that Digi Data lines are below par. Live with it or port out and get Maxis.

koba76
post Jun 6 2015, 10:48 PM

Casual
404 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Jun 6 2015, 05:27 PM)
Im an ardent Digi supporter. Main reason, Cheap. Enough said.
To answer your question, Digi 2G Lines are FINE. On Par with Maxis and Celcom.

But for Data, 3G and LTE, I can simply say what you are experiencing is common and most Digi users live with it. Even on a good day, your download speeds can never match Maxis LTE. On bad days, you dont even get 3G. You only get Edge. I can conclude that Digi Data lines are below par. Live with it or port out and get Maxis.
Depend on location...i used both digi and maxis...but in alor setar maxis coverage really bad..digi coverage really improved a lot here..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0228sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:28 AM