3,740 posts

QUOTE(askyou @ May 7 2015, 02:54 PM)
Just register

Programmer == code puzler ? Not me.. I solve real issue not fizzbuz

PDF download --> error error..

TSaskyou
post May 7 2015, 04:16 PM

32 posts

solve algorithm puzzles, basically copying google and facebook and other hacker cup style...
garygan
post May 10 2015, 09:31 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

upload? no upload? that's the question on demo. confused

# Problem Score Upload
Only
1 Sum 100 No
2 Secret Code 100 No
3 Birth Dates 100 No
4 Shipping Containers 100 No
wjwong696
post May 10 2015, 09:56 PM

20 posts

Done until until problem 3. Got some problem understanding the problem 4 requirements. Beside that got some problems with the website. The code compiled successfully in my local environment, but the site state that there are compilation errors. rclxms.gif
alexa
post May 11 2015, 03:13 PM

Big Boss
1,456 posts

QUOTE(wjwong696 @ May 10 2015, 09:56 PM)
Done until until problem 3. Got some problem understanding the problem 4 requirements. Beside that got some problems with the website. The code compiled successfully in my local environment, but the site state that there are compilation errors.  rclxms.gif
You hired!!
TheSolver
post May 11 2015, 05:38 PM

Regular
1,108 posts

QUOTE(wjwong696 @ May 10 2015, 09:56 PM)
Done until until problem 3. Got some problem understanding the problem 4 requirements. Beside that got some problems with the website. The code compiled successfully in my local environment, but the site state that there are compilation errors.  rclxms.gif
I don't know in what programming language you use to solve the problem, but if you just turn on all warnings, then it will shed some light why the Jobstreet robot would consider your code is in error.
TheSolver
post May 13 2015, 04:01 PM

Regular
1,108 posts

What a great turn off, you have to be a Jobstreet member to participate. Why can't it make it more like Google Codejam where you don't have to be a member of anything? And when you're a winner, than you have to worry about disclosing yourself.
angch
post May 13 2015, 04:29 PM

On my way
635 posts

Greater turn off:

4. Allowable programming languages to be used are C++, Java, Python (version 2 &3) and Php (version 5+).

https://www.hackerrank.com/ is more fun.

alien3d
post May 13 2015, 05:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(TheSolver @ May 13 2015, 04:01 PM)
What a great turn off, you have to be a Jobstreet member to participate. Why can't it make it more like Google Codejam where you don't have to be a member of anything? And when you're a winner, than you have to worry about disclosing yourself.
i rike this idea
mysticxin
post May 13 2015, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

question 4 is not complete i think.. but question 1-3 are too easy. lol finished everything in 15 mins.
TSaskyou
post May 13 2015, 07:39 PM

32 posts

for number 2,
AAAA
BBBBB
ABABABAB
AAABBB

should be

0<--6 right?
TheSolver
post May 15 2015, 09:23 AM

Regular
1,108 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ May 13 2015, 05:13 PM)
i rike this idea
I hope you didn't get the wrong idea. I said it is nothing wrong to publicize yourself if you're at the final stages like what Google Codejam requires you to do. First you must be eligible to fly out of the country, and your details has to be exposed (disclosed) in order for them to do some background checks and to receive the prizes.

By the way real life problems have many sub problems like fizzbuzz. If you can't do fizzbuzz, how can you tackle real life problems? Maybe you think you have solved it but your maintenance programmers will know your code quality, not your immediate supervisor (boss).

This post has been edited by TheSolver: May 15 2015, 09:54 AM
alien3d
post May 15 2015, 09:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(TheSolver @ May 15 2015, 09:23 AM)
I hope you didn't get the wrong idea. I said it is nothing wrong to publicize yourself if you're at the final stages like what Google Codejam requires you to do. First you must be eligible to fly out of the country, and your details has to be exposed (disclosed) in order for them to do some background checks and to receive the prizes.

By the way real life problems have many sub problems like fizzbuzz. If you can't do fizzbuzz, how can you tackle real life problems? Maybe you think you have solved it but your maintenance programmers will know your code quality, not your immediate supervisor (boss).
building a software does mean required fizzbuzz. A code to create to simplify job.Most developer to focus on micro optimzation rather build software itself.Developer not scienctis we arent nt paid equal to paid and solve complex equation. Some question interview even take from advance physic formula?What can a noob programmer tthink about it?Unless youre in that bsinessis diff matter .Developer need to focus on extra leverage instead of copy paste formula like fizzbuzz.
About code quality, i been deal a lot from malay,chinease and indon programmer.My conclusion leave it if aint broken dont fxed it .Horrible yes But do enjoy life instead waste time doing micro optimization.There are no perfect code.
TheSolver
post May 15 2015, 10:17 AM

Regular
1,108 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ May 15 2015, 09:52 AM)
building a software does mean required fizzbuzz. A code to create to simplify job.Most developer to focus on micro optimzation rather build software itself.Developer not scienctis we arent nt paid equal to paid and solve complex equation. Some question interview even take from advance physic formula?What can a noob programmer tthink about it?Unless youre in that bsinessis diff matter .Developer need to focus on extra leverage instead of copy paste formula like fizzbuzz.
About code quality, i been deal a lot  from malay,chinease and indon programmer.My conclusion leave it if aint broken dont fxed it .Horrible yes But do enjoy life instead waste time doing micro optimization.There are no perfect code.
An experienced and also those who breathe code day in and day out shouldn't be afraid with fizzbuzz. If you're afraid, that means you're not so sure of yourself and how can someone other than you can have confidence in you. Bad business.

A fizzbuzz in Perl:
CODE
perl -e 'for (1..1000){ $x= $_ % 3 == 0? "fizz": ""; $x.="buzz" if $_ % 5 == 0; print +($x? $x: $_), " ";}'

Anyone if so inclined is welcome to perlgolf. Plenty of room left.
alien3d
post May 15 2015, 10:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(TheSolver @ May 15 2015, 10:17 AM)
An experienced and also those who breathe code day in and day out shouldn't be afraid with fizzbuzz. If you're afraid, that means you're not so sure of yourself and how can someone other than you can have confidence in you. Bad business.

A fizzbuzz in Perl:
CODE
perl -e 'for (1..1000){ $x= $_ % 3 == 0? "fizz": ""; $x.="buzz" if $_ % 5 == 0; print +($x? $x: $_), " ";}'

laugh.gif laugh.gif . I'm not afraid of fizbuz.. Lot of formula out there.. Code monkey will follow all the formula blindly like fizbuzz.. But to me , i don't. What is fizzbuzz ?What usage in my program which can enhance the system ? What what ? This type of 5w? is important me.. If ain't important why should i need to knew it ?
Developer don't have all the luxury time to understand 1001 formula, but they need to be creative upon the formula and maximize it.

If the formula doesn't understand by me and my colig, we call other consultant for help and advise. No need to think much as engineer, civil engineer,doctor or so whatever business knowledge information out here.. Let's said, if ain't my pay grade let better people do it.
TheSolver
post May 15 2015, 02:23 PM

Regular
1,108 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ May 15 2015, 10:29 AM)
laugh.gif  laugh.gif . I'm not afraid of fizbuz.. Lot of formula out there.. Code monkey will follow all the formula blindly like fizbuzz.. But to me , i don't. What is fizzbuzz ?What usage in my program which can enhance the system ? What what ? This type of 5w? is important me.. If ain't important why should i need to knew it ?
Developer don't have all the luxury time to understand 1001 formula, but they need to be creative upon the formula and maximize it.

If the formula doesn't understand by me and my colig, we call other consultant for help and advise. No need to think much as engineer, civil engineer,doctor or so whatever business knowledge information out here.. Let's said, if ain't my pay grade let better people do it.
I thought you never asked. I can think of at least 3 areas that you excel and fizzbuzz test can show you.

1. You know simple math that is essential to solving problems.

2. You can see the logics and then can connect your thoughts in code.

3. You're not sloppy in thinking, because I believe those PhD and Degree CS graduates fail fizzbuzz because of that.
alien3d
post May 15 2015, 02:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(TheSolver @ May 15 2015, 02:23 PM)
I thought you never asked. I can think of at least 3 areas that you excel and fizzbuzz test can show you.

1. You know simple math that is essential to solving problems.

2. You can see the logics and then  can connect your thoughts in code.

3. You're not sloppy in thinking, because I believe those PhD and Degree CS graduates fail fizzbuzz because of that.
the reason if just modulos i would ask diff. like create a table contain day of month. for sure %7.If we ask junior fizbuzz,for sure they remember it but potential usage? icon_rolleyes.gif
same as sin cos tan... matrix for sure student would said what the used of it in software?

If they can have fun playing matrix like below link
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/transform
drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif
krip
post May 15 2015, 02:40 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

Can anyone share the sample from this challenge at this forum, blog or..github. Maybe useful for future references.
angch
post May 15 2015, 02:48 PM

On my way
635 posts

QUOTE(TheSolver @ May 15 2015, 10:17 AM)

A fizzbuzz in Perl:
CODE

perlgolfing fizzbuzz is fish in a barrel. No fun. Not biting your bait.

But since I'm a perl dude and am Lazy, here's one winning entry I googled from perlmonks (yes, it's different from your version, up to 100 only, and uses initial caps for Fizz and Buzz).

CODE
perl -e'warn+(Fizz)[$_%3].(Buzz)[$_%5]||$_,$/for 1..100'

Edit: Screw it. Your version up to 1000:

CODE
perl -e'warn+(fizz)[$_%3].(buzz)[$_%5]||$_,$/for 1..1e3'

Edit: I bit the bait, didn't I? sad.gif

This post has been edited by angch: May 15 2015, 02:52 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:18 PM