Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Streamyx Streamyx Port Too Far Away?

views

TSNicJolin
post May 7 2015, 01:13 PM, updated 9y ago

Stop monitoring =)
1,034 posts

I'm currently staying at one of the company's house at the Jalan Sg. Pinang, Jelutong. Consider to be quite near to the heart of the Penang Island.

It is just less than 5 min drive to Komtar.

Thing is this area is only supported by TM Streamyx of up to 1mbps. Yes 1mbps in the heart of the island.

I've made 4-5 upgrade request, even for my company which situated at the same building downstairs.

Most of the product department personnel will be happy to hear a customer looking for upgrade and will check in their system that up to 4mbps is available at my area. They will then happily proceed to file for the upgrade.

They say the upgrade will take about less than a week to finish and will involving TM Technical Department doing some checking here & there.

Initially I was glad soon right after the call that night my internet is getting speedtest.net results of 3.8mbps. My guess is that they've changed the account package thing in their system.

However, 2-3 days letter my internet is reverted back to 1mbps.

Turns out the Technical Department or Contractor decided that my area does not support anything above 1mbps and decided to cancel it without informing me or anything. I only found this out when I realize my connection is slowing down and decided to call up to find out why.

I reactivated the upgrade and the TM Customer Service apologize to me. Then the whole same shiet happen again for the next 3-4 times.

If the area indeed does not support anything above 1mbps, why the fark everytime when they change the speed limit in the system I'm getting the speed from speedtest.net only to be reverted back to the dinosaur age speed few days later by the contractors.

I got the contractor phone number and call them up they say they check the cable and shiet and say does not support, I ask if they really do any speedtest before and they'd just ignore my questions. Obviously not a brilliantly done job here.

I even file a complain to SKMM but TM doesn't seems to bother me and they'd just randomly send the same contractor to do the same thing and giving me the same feedback.

I even told that I'd be glad to sign any consent letter stating it doesn't matter if it doesn't meet the speed promised as long as I'm getting something more than 1mbps but to no avail. Damn 1mbps is pathetic my KL home is having Unifi 10mbps.

I've send numerous emails to TM all to no responses. mad.gif

When I try to get an upgrade for the company line same shiet as above happened. I'm getting the speed but damn contractor insists the area not supported and cancel my upgrade request. TM just diam saje.

Any of you guys here in forum have any ways or suggestions to get this through?

csneo
post May 7 2015, 01:16 PM

Casual
389 posts

complaint to SKMM and TM
Seiro
post May 7 2015, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

same for me...they say port too far away.but attainable rate when check my router say 9mbps.
so currently only use 1mbps
TopUpStores
post May 11 2015, 11:29 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(Seiro @ May 7 2015, 01:28 PM)
same for me...they say port too far away.but attainable rate when check my router say 9mbps.
so currently only use 1mbps
same problem encountered...they give me 2mbps port with 20mbps attainable rate but they say no port upgrade to 4mbps even 2mbps also cannot.. cry.gif

PS : both SNR rate good too
GOT MONEY DONT WANT EARN vmad.gif
TSNicJolin
post May 11 2015, 12:05 PM

Stop monitoring =)
1,034 posts

QUOTE(TopUpStores @ May 11 2015, 11:29 AM)
same problem encountered...they give me 2mbps port with 20mbps attainable rate but they say no port upgrade to 4mbps even 2mbps also cannot.. cry.gif

GOT MONEY DONT WANT EARN  vmad.gif
Yea stupidity at its best

1mbps @ 2015 paying like RM110 / month ? shakehead.gif
Shirogawa
post May 14 2015, 02:51 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

QUOTE(TopUpStores @ May 11 2015, 11:29 AM)

GOT MONEY DONT WANT EARN  vmad.gif
They so laid back bcos no competitor.
jolipoli81
post May 18 2015, 11:34 AM

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

Oh please, my flat is in the heart of Penang (Jalan Magazine) and yet I could not even get my streamyx installed. It has been about half a year now, they kept saying the cable rosak and still repairing. Called so many times and everytime the same answer (belum selesai, masih dibaiki blah blah cow dung)

Waste of time
zaman_chem
post May 18 2015, 11:49 AM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(NicJolin @ May 7 2015, 01:13 PM)

u no try maxis wired internet (non-fibre)?

last time i check maxis 1Mbps oni rm78, 2Mbps rm99 for home.

for business broadband adsl ...4M rm1199 n 6 M rm1499...not sure if they still have that package
TSNicJolin
post May 18 2015, 12:13 PM

Stop monitoring =)
1,034 posts

QUOTE(zaman_chem @ May 18 2015, 11:49 AM)
u no try maxis wired internet (non-fibre)?

last time i check maxis 1Mbps oni rm78, 2Mbps rm99 for home.

for business broadband adsl ...4M rm1199 n 6 M rm1499...not sure if they still have that package
There's usually a quote for maxis internet

4m for 1199 sounds like too over priced

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:09 AM