129 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xiaomi Mi 4i Official Thread v1, Innovation made compact

views

Majinity
post Apr 28 2015, 01:56 AM

Enthusiast
792 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Apr 27 2015, 06:39 PM)
The only good stuff about the Huawei is their antenna signal and as well much cooler device compare to Snapdragon that can breath fire. laugh.gif Thanks to Kirin SoC. You can cook an egg with Xiaomi Mi4 (SD 801 SoC) so not sure about the SD 615 (2nd Gen)
Sounds like its best to wait for review on the SD 615 2nd gen. Overheating is never nice smile.gif
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2015, 02:26 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ Apr 26 2015, 09:11 AM)
It's a good upgrade for those using Redmi Note 3G/4G and Mi 3.  icon_rolleyes.gif
Mi3 to Mi4i is a huge downgrade.
Xierra777
post Apr 28 2015, 02:57 AM

thou payest dearly
1,577 posts

Me as Mi3 user, having hard time thinking if I should change to Mi4i.

A few factors that holds me from change to Mi4i is definitely because Mi3 is being propelled by beefy and very capable SoC combo, Snapdragon 800 and Adreno 330.

Another reason is Mi3 has the unique look where makes it stands out and I think outter quality of Mi3 is far better than Mi4i which is more like Honor 4X's quality.

The only advantage of Mi4i has better front facing camera than Mi3 (Mi3 front camera is very bad and noisy in low light, barely usable), I'm not sure about rear camera though. I feel Mi3 is very very decent performer in rear facing camera. Having well balanced post-processing and very good dynamic range.

I don't think jumping from Mi3 to Mi4i is an upgrade.
xtemujin
post Apr 28 2015, 05:32 AM

Casual
318 posts

The lack of a microSD slot is a letdown.

Their mindset is like the old Nokia, one step forward one step backward.

This post has been edited by xtemujin: Apr 28 2015, 05:33 AM
SUSsniperz
post Apr 28 2015, 09:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,464 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Apr 28 2015, 02:26 AM)
Mi3 to Mi4i is a huge downgrade.
I expect negative comments like yours but... If you think it positively, the features of LTE , Sunlight Display and etc are the upgrade whilst your downgrade are because you prefer much. It reflects your very own preferences only.

This post has been edited by sniperz: Apr 28 2015, 09:35 AM
SUSsniperz
post Apr 28 2015, 09:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,464 posts

If you guys do think of complete mindset, accept what it's produced. They don't please everyone in the market. If a talented and smart person on forum can see through everything, he can managed 16GB well without much complaints. I only see "lesser beings" wanting microSD for their file contents.

The greater beings in human knows how to install, delete and saves only important photos or documents alike. I'm just here saying the truth of the marginal community.

OK. It would be a closely comparative spec if with Mi 3. I am sure because all defend mostly prior to them as Mi 3 fans or users.

Also, it is surely a huge upgrade for those using Redmi 2 , Redmi Note 3G/4G and what not? Mi 3 is still closely comparative enough.

Not to mention, the LTE band.

This post has been edited by sniperz: Apr 28 2015, 09:41 AM
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2015, 10:09 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ Apr 28 2015, 09:28 AM)
I expect negative comments like yours but... If you think it positively, the features of LTE , Sunlight Display and etc are the upgrade whilst your downgrade are because you prefer much. It reflects your very own preferences only.
Just because of the LTE, you though it is upgrade? and also Sunlight Display? lol.

S615 (Mi4i) is middle range processor with lousy GPU where S800 (Mi3) is high-en processor with great GPU.

This Mi4i only suitable for Redmi user (any model) upgrade not for Mi3 because it just simply a big downgrade, except the LTE but do remember strong H+ connection speed in Malaysia never bad until where when compare with Malaysia current LTE speed.

Some more internal 16GB which is really too little without SD card support, maybe enough for you but I am assure majority not enough.
SUSsniperz
post Apr 28 2015, 10:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,464 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Apr 28 2015, 10:09 AM)
Just because of the LTE, you though it is upgrade? and also Sunlight Display? lol.

S615 (Mi4i) is middle range processor with lousy GPU where S800 (Mi3) is high-en processor with great GPU.

This Mi4i only suitable for Redmi user (any model) upgrade not for Mi3 because it just simply a big downgrade, except the LTE but do remember strong H+ connection speed in Malaysia never bad until where when compare with Malaysia current LTE speed.

Some more internal 16GB which is really too little without SD card support, maybe enough for you but I am assure majority not enough.
Also, it's a midrange phone and it has features that Mi 3 does not have. You are only assure it is majority just because of online comments. What I only see is negative people is always struck with unsatisfied specs.

It's like saying I own Apple iPhone 6 and I'm not satisfied so I ought to go for iPhone 6s or maybe Blackberry. Always not satisfied is what creates your perception to me.

But it's your choice. I won't bother with all that. Regarding "huge" downgrade, your bold enough to tackle on Xiaomi? Their successful for some reason compared online comments shown. Mi Note is a better upgrade for Mi 3 I admit but Mi 4i is relatively close to be a replace for Mi 3 in certain factor. whistling.gif

http://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapdragon-6...00-msm8974aa-v2

As referred to this, Snapdragon 615 is just a bit lower than what has made Snapdragon 800 good of. Both can perform heavy games to a par or good standard to me.

This post has been edited by sniperz: Apr 28 2015, 10:22 AM
NightFelix
post Apr 28 2015, 10:40 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ Apr 28 2015, 10:17 AM)
Also, it's a midrange phone and it has features that Mi 3 does not have. You are only assure it is majority just because of online comments. What I only see is negative people is always struck with unsatisfied specs.

It's like saying I own Apple iPhone 6 and I'm not satisfied so I ought to go for iPhone 6s or maybe Blackberry. Always not satisfied is what creates your perception to me.

But it's your choice. I won't bother with all that. Regarding "huge" downgrade, your bold enough to tackle on Xiaomi? Their successful for some reason compared online comments shown. Mi Note is a better upgrade for Mi 3 I admit but Mi 4i is relatively close to be a replace for Mi 3 in certain factor.  whistling.gif

http://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapdragon-6...00-msm8974aa-v2

As referred to this, Snapdragon 615 is just a bit lower than what has made Snapdragon 800 good of. Both can perform heavy games to a par or good standard to me.
Well, what Danny Andrew trying to argue is means that, the Mi4i is not a flagships device as claimed by Xiaomi. Just like Nokia claimed the Lumia 830 is the affordable flagships, but in facts is not affordable (RM1399) and not flagships (Snapdragon 400).

Mi4i is like same like you said, one steps forward also one steps backward. We have to compromise of having some extra features or hardware, while taking away other good stuff on Mi3.

The Snapdragon 615 is not as bad as we thought, is the Upper Range of Mid-Ranger SoC. Having the same speed of eMMc 4.5 like the Snapdragon 800 in Mi3, but the GPU is better on SD800.

I would say the Mi4i did very well but fitting into between the RM1000+ China Flagships (Honor6, OnePlus One, Mi4) and RM600+ MidRange (Redmi Note, Honor 4X, ZenFone 2) gap.

The only competitor in Malaysia here with the price range I would say is the Padfone S. On the other hands, Xiaomi is trying to Mirror the Apple's iPhone 5C path which even more value device.

This post has been edited by NightFelix: Apr 28 2015, 12:07 PM
SUSsniperz
post Apr 28 2015, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,464 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Apr 28 2015, 10:40 AM)
Well, what Danny trying to argue is means that, the Mi4i is not a flagships device as claimed by Xiaomi. Just like Nokia claimed the Lumia 830 is the affordable flagships, but in facts is not affordable (RM1399) and not flagships (Snapdragon 400).

Mi4i is like same like you said, one steps forward also one steps backward. We have to compromise of having some extra features or hardware, while taking away other good stuff on Mi3.

The Snapdragon 615 is not as bad as we thought, is the Upper Range of Mid-Ranger SoC. Having the same speed of eMMc 4.5 like the Snapdragon 800 in Mi3, but the GPU is better on SD800.

I would say the Mi4i did very well but fitting into between the RM1000+ China Flagships (Honor6, OnePlus One, Mi4) and RM600+ MidRange (Redmi Note, Honor 4X, ZenFone 2) gap.

The only competitor in Malaysia here with the price range I would say is the Padfone S. On the other hands, Xiaomi is trying to Mirror the Apple's iPhone 5C path which even more value device.
Right by fact. I'm Redmi Note 3G user so yeah it's about time. laugh.gif
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2015, 11:50 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ Apr 28 2015, 11:10 AM)
Right by fact. I'm Redmi Note 3G user so yeah it's about time.  laugh.gif
You are Redmi 3G user and right for your upgrade.

But you said upgrade for Mi3 user is just simply misleading.

Not people keep posting negative comment, but instead yourself cannot accept the truth.

This mi4i is a great upgrade for Redmi user but never an upgrade for Mi3 user.
Reventon
post Apr 28 2015, 12:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,921 posts

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Apr 27 2015, 06:01 PM)
Huawei mate 7 flagship spec with dual 4g. biggrin.gif
too big taikor biggrin.gif . going to use this as second phone so looking at 5" or below. M4i is good everything with nice battery mAH.Lack of sdcard is just doh.gif
mudkipryan94
post Apr 28 2015, 12:13 PM

Not today, dirtbag
All Stars
11,982 posts

*parking list*
Seems interesting... Hehe...

But one does not simply said

Plastics laugh.gif
mudkipryan94
post Apr 28 2015, 12:16 PM

Not today, dirtbag
All Stars
11,982 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Apr 28 2015, 11:50 AM)

Not people keep posting negative comment, but instead  yourself cannot accept the truth. 

Taking popcorns... HUhu...

And someone enjoying his s6edge haha
But this time is really good upgrade the phones (Mi4i)
From rm3G... wink.gif
SUSsniperz
post Apr 28 2015, 02:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,464 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Apr 28 2015, 11:50 AM)

Not people keep posting negative comment, but instead  yourself cannot accept the truth. 

I accept the truth of all things, bro. I created this thread so I am pretty knowledgeable. You know why? Facebook have a group called "Mi 3 User" and most of them are posting up 4i including those who wants to upgrade and those who do not want to. Your statement isn't "UNIVERSAL". So, you have flawed in all cases.

If you think some of our comments here does not suit your taste. You may leave. I don't welcome.

This post has been edited by sniperz: Apr 28 2015, 02:23 PM
SUSsniperz
post Apr 28 2015, 02:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,464 posts

QUOTE(mudkipryan94 @ Apr 28 2015, 12:16 PM)
Taking popcorns... HUhu...

And someone enjoying his s6edge haha
But this time is really good upgrade the phones (Mi4i)
From rm3G... wink.gif
I would report any imbeciles at my thread as their failures. I'm the one succeeding in trying to facilitate the users here to maintain neutral and criticize but not to bash as if majority is actually leaning not to upgrade. Ignore him. Elitist nerds tend to be spoonfed pricks at the start without understanding self-satisfied community.

I have sensed negative people and I will report very soon. They deserved it, geeks they are.

This post has been edited by sniperz: Apr 28 2015, 02:21 PM
NightFelix
post Apr 28 2015, 02:49 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ Apr 28 2015, 02:15 PM)
I would report any imbeciles at my thread as their failures. I'm the one succeeding in trying to facilitate the users here to maintain neutral and criticize but not to bash as if majority is actually leaning not to upgrade. Ignore him. Elitist nerds tend to be spoonfed pricks at the start without understanding self-satisfied community.

I have sensed negative people and I will report very soon. They deserved it, geeks they are.
Chill guys. Everyone have their own opinion to point it out, ignore it if don't like it, that is how forum community goes.
alternativehype
post Apr 28 2015, 02:51 PM

Regular
1,230 posts

QUOTE(sniperz @ Apr 28 2015, 02:15 PM)

Did you just used Google translate from Chinese to English? Can't understand what you're trying to say...
mudkipryan94
post Apr 28 2015, 03:19 PM

Not today, dirtbag
All Stars
11,982 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Apr 28 2015, 02:49 PM)
Chill guys. Everyone have their own opinion to point it out, ignore it if don't like it, that is how forum community goes.
zzz... just grabbing the popcorns for andrew la... == but why op so sensitive doh.gif

and i didn't said mi4i is bad man.. ==
Andrewtst
post Apr 28 2015, 03:26 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

Exactly, can't accept people comment. Whatever he think is the correct one.

Let it be. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 28 2015, 03:28 PM

129 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0233sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:46 PM