Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dilemma of choosing job offer

views

TSTengBoraBora
post Apr 24 2015, 09:38 PM, updated 9y ago

2 posts

Hi everyone, I'm a fresh grad with bachelor degree in accounting & finance. Currently I have two offers in hand.

1. BDO - Tax Associate
2. Huawei - Senior Accounting Associate

At first I think BDO is better as it's considered as top 5 accounting firm in Malaysia and can gain more exposure. However some of my friends told me that Huawei is growing rapidly and it provides better pay and benefits. Which should i choose? Any idea of the working environment and culture?

Please advise... icon_question.gif
chiahau
post Apr 24 2015, 09:42 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(TengBoraBora @ Apr 24 2015, 09:38 PM)
Hi everyone, I'm a fresh grad with bachelor degree in accounting & finance.  Currently I have two offers in hand.

1. BDO - Tax Associate

At first I think BDO is better as it's considered as top 5 accounting firm in Malaysia and can gain more exposure. However some of my friends told me that Huawei is growing rapidly and it provides better pay and benefits. Which should i choose? Any idea of the working environment and culture?

I reckon you should try to go for Big 4 instead.

And to be honest, getting directly into tax without any audit experience may impair your abilities to leave to more lucrative fields in the near future.

Of course tax is good money itself if you are good ( Tax consultancy and etc ) but I believe that one must go through the rigors of Assurances before they should dive into another division.
KayShif
post Apr 24 2015, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Hi everyone, I'm a fresh grad with bachelor degree in accounting & finance.  Currently I have two offers in hand.

1. BDO - Tax Associate

choose based on your needs. Decide first what you need.
Example, you need big name? more salary? stability? less work? more work ? exposure? etc etc.

The more deep you think the more you get confuse, the more you see options more confuse. same like if you go to shop, you like one item but suddenly see another one and start thinking that might be good option. However you forgot that you already choose before on your need but you out of track already (diversion) hehe.

If you feel which environment is good, that's not a right approach. any environment you go if you don't try to adjust or adopt you will start to dislike it and environment become bad smile.gif.
As long any place have less weak point go for it and rest you can make your own.

aiskrimcup
post Apr 25 2015, 08:24 AM

Enthusiast
750 posts

Go BDO
*devilelle*
post Apr 25 2015, 06:31 PM

Im aint Me
767 posts

1. BDO - Tax Associate

two different type of Company. Of cuz for a fresh grad, service provider for big 4 looks promising as you can learn A LOT !! and also be prepare to work Extra.

my personal experience is that, commercial company earn more than service provider. but the bad side, you dont gets to learn a lot in commercial company.
kopifan
post Apr 25 2015, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
196 posts

1. BDO - Tax Associate

[/quote]

BDO if u r really into tax as tax consultancy could be lucrative once u crank up the experience. If you prefer acctg than hua wei. One point to keep in mind is audit firms let u gain insight into diff industry esp. when u r fresh out vs. commercial (unless rotation within a mnc with diverse span of fields)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:11 PM