TSaliesterfiend
post Apr 23 2015, 01:01 AM, updated 5y ago

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

Total War : Warhammer Announced !

Copied from Total War Center

QUOTE(Will CA)
Hi all,

Total War: WARHAMMER is official! Taking the series to a realm of brutal, high fantasy for the first time in its history, our rules have changed and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined.

The limitlessly deep and rich universe of Warhammer heralds a new era for Total War. Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power take their place on the battlefield, alongside thousands of warriors clashing in real-time tactical battles.

In the turn-based campaign game, players will find the Old World an unforgiving and treacherous place, filled with endless war and cunning alliances alike. Whichever race you choose to play as and however you seek conquest, you will be faced with a conflict that threatens to tear the very fabric of reality asunder.

The first in an epic trilogy of titles, Total War: WARHAMMER will deliver hundreds of hours of absorbing gameplay. It will combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the single largest Total War experience ever.

“We’ve always loved the Warhammer universe, and couldn’t wait to approach it with the same colossal scale and authenticity that has characterised our titles for the last 15 years,” said Total War: WARHAMMER Project Lead, Ian Roxburgh. “We’re bringing it to life in a way that nobody’s attempted before.”

Watch the announcement trailer, voiced by celebrated actor Steven Berkoff, http://youtu.be/7i4d3ignBNQ for just a taste of this forthcoming match made in gaming heaven.

We’re setting up some new Total War: WARHAMMER forums right now so you guys have a place to chat about the game. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for the first gameplay videos.

Enjoy!

-Will CA

QUOTE(Will CA)
As this isn’t just a CA game, regretfully there are no plans to support modding for Total War: Warhammer. An Assembly Kit is will be available very shortly for Total War: ATTILA however, and we will continue to support modding for that title and plan to for future historical Total Wars.

-Will CA

QUOTE(Will CA)
Don't think factions, think races. In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character ,  who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.

QUOTE(Will CA)
The races in Warhammer are massively different in variation and content compared to factions we’ve depicted in our games before. Given the huge variety in creatures, characters and machines in the Warhammer world, we’ve decided to go deep rather than wide. We’ll be putting as much unit and content variation as we can into the main game to best represent the incredibly detailed races we’ve chosen first. To compare, ATTILA has 6 model skeletons underlying all the units used in the game (human, horse, elephant, dog,etc). In Total War: WARHAMMER, there’s 24 in the first game alone, each representing a different creature or machine type.

-Will CA

This post has been edited by aliesterfiend: May 23 2016, 12:55 PM
TSaliesterfiend
post Apr 23 2015, 01:03 AM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

Some more informations that answers many important questions :

QUOTE(Will CA)
Actually, Warscape is a subsystem of the TW3 Engine that deals with graphics rendering, so what you see graphically on the battlefield. Yes, it is iterated on alongside the rest of the TW3 Engine and the latest version is a part of the technology behind Total War: WARHAMMER.

-Will CA

QUOTE(Will CA)
Ok, everyone has some really great questions now and we will be answering, or better yet, showing you in the future. I would say that there is still a lot to announce and a ton more to lay before you, so keep an eye on them YouTubes, the Book of Face or even if the mood takes you: Twitter.

I can't go into too much depth at the moment, but I will continue to answer what new questions I can.

-Will CA

fujkenasai
post Apr 23 2015, 10:34 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

ahahah u beat me to it
TSaliesterfiend
post Apr 23 2015, 10:37 AM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Apr 23 2015, 10:34 AM)
ahahah u beat me to it
I was working late yesterday and when I got home already nearly midnight and after dinner/supper the first thing I do is go to TWC and saw that. rclxms.gif

Now I really have to upgrade my pc. blush.gif
fujkenasai
post Apr 23 2015, 10:49 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(aliesterfiend @ Apr 23 2015, 10:37 AM)
I was working late yesterday and when I got home already nearly midnight and after dinner/supper the first thing I do is go to TWC and saw that.  rclxms.gif

Now I really have to upgrade my pc.  blush.gif
ill wait for Ashes of the Singularity requirements 1st
TSaliesterfiend
post Apr 23 2015, 11:16 AM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

I really need to catch up with Warhammer universe. The last time I played Warhammer games was way back during PS1 days, playing Dark Omen.
ultralien
post Apr 23 2015, 12:30 PM

32 posts

user posted image
fujkenasai
post Apr 23 2015, 01:12 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(ultralien @ Apr 23 2015, 12:30 PM)
user posted image
Wuts wiv u?
TSaliesterfiend
post Apr 23 2015, 01:50 PM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

Apa tu ? Kat opis tak boleh view.

This post has been edited by aliesterfiend: Apr 23 2015, 01:50 PM
Hezegroth
post Apr 23 2015, 02:05 PM

Miqo'te
568 posts

argh i cant view the video, lambat lagi nak balik
TSaliesterfiend
post Apr 23 2015, 02:11 PM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

QUOTE(Hezegroth @ Apr 23 2015, 02:05 PM)
argh i cant view the video, lambat lagi nak balik
Gempak gila la video. Gi jer balik awal. Kalau bos tanya cakap aku bagi permission.
fujkenasai
post Apr 23 2015, 02:51 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(aliesterfiend @ Apr 23 2015, 02:11 PM)
Gempak gila la video. Gi jer balik awal. Kalau bos tanya cakap aku bagi permission.
U teh tzench
ultralien
post Apr 23 2015, 06:14 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Apr 23 2015, 01:12 PM)
Wuts wiv u?
Was expecting 3 Kingdom or Medieval 3, not this
fujkenasai
post Apr 23 2015, 07:46 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(ultralien @ Apr 23 2015, 06:14 PM)
Was expecting 3 Kingdom or Medieval 3, not this
Aparently this is another division so history total war still contiues
dimensionx
post Apr 23 2015, 08:03 PM

23 posts

WOW! Not easy to get warhammer license! This gonna be great!
fujkenasai
post Apr 26 2015, 11:09 AM

Regular
1,137 posts

Begun the total warggggghhhhhhh hazzz
mowlous
post Apr 28 2015, 05:52 PM

Casual
492 posts

Dunno why some people are so against total war warhammer .......

I'm fine with whatever CA dash out as long as it doesn't mess things up like rome 2 did.
TSaliesterfiend
post Apr 29 2015, 09:56 AM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ Apr 28 2015, 05:52 PM)
Dunno why some people are so against total war warhammer .......

I'm fine with whatever CA dash out as long as it doesn't mess things up like rome 2 did.
I kind of against it because I was expecting some story driven campaigns with Total War style battles like the old Dark Omen and Shadows of the Horned Rat. This game is also being build on TW3 engine so it'll be more like an open campaign like usual Total Wars.
fujkenasai
post Apr 29 2015, 01:04 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(aliesterfiend @ Apr 29 2015, 09:56 AM)
I kind of against it because I was expecting some story driven campaigns with Total War style battles like the old Dark Omen and Shadows of the Horned Rat. This game is also being build on TW3 engine so it'll be more like an open campaign like usual Total Wars.
lets c I hope to see a mix, ala empire shogun 2 story and campaign

still really early though

cant wait for deamon prince and greater deamon, maybe exp for chaos but then they say 2 exp wiv lots of DLC hmm.gif

wait for game of the collection edition for poor fags like me hmm.gif hmm.gif
TSaliesterfiend
post Apr 29 2015, 01:10 PM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Apr 29 2015, 01:04 PM)
lets c I hope to see a mix, ala empire shogun 2 story and campaign

still  really early though

cant wait for deamon prince and greater deamon, maybe exp for chaos but then they say 2 exp wiv lots of DLC hmm.gif

wait for game of the collection edition for poor fags like me hmm.gif  hmm.gif
Yeah, Attila while still open campaign still got some story driven too. When's the next game convention/expo ? Probably more information by then.

24 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:26 PM