Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware Sugegst a good NAS, looking for NAS to keep backup files

views

TSvostro78
post Apr 21 2015, 09:23 AM, updated 9y ago

Look at all my stars!!
6,778 posts

Hi,

if there is a proper place to park this thread pls let me know.

I am currently looking for a good 4 BAY NAS to keep all my company backup files, which was in symantec backup file format. as those backup files become symantec proprietary backup file extension, so there is not need for NAS to hv any other extra function , whart i am looking at is jsut a plain NAS solution that just keep my backup files off site from server room. as this is just a small SME plant, we are looking for those dell / hp solution.

any brand is preferable base on your experience? supplier recommend synology DS 414 for it stability and he told me that those function i will not be use since my backup files will be in symantec file format. far hdd, he recommend using WD NAS disk solution.

i am looking for more info here. wish forumer here can enlighten me.
syakirin
post Apr 21 2015, 09:35 AM

|S.E.P.A.T.U-K.E.M.B.A.R.A|
975 posts

Currently, my previous experience that using Synology NAS is more efficient. It's allow me to backup file using Auto Backup that set from Synology software itself. You can accessing your file when you out of office also.

You can store your backup file or image server without hassle because HDD can set to RAID 5.

Conclusion, you can store and using back any file that you missing using Synology NAS without hassle. As long as you connected to internet.
edisonedw
post Apr 21 2015, 11:25 AM

Regular
1,307 posts

Synology NAS is the best 1, premium brand.
TSvostro78
post Apr 22 2015, 10:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,778 posts

QUOTE(tom_kwwd @ Apr 22 2015, 09:37 AM)
Hi vostro78, data storage is the lifeblood of any small business, and one of the most straightforward and cost-effective ways to make a large amount of it available to everyone on your network is via a network attached storage (NAS) device. To find a network attached storage device that’s suitable for your organization’s needs, it helps to focus on four key areas below.

1) Network Storage Capacity Plus Data Protection.
2) Compatibility: NAS and Operating Systems.
3) Control: Accessing Your NAS Data.
4) Connectivity: Network and Remote Access.

One of the sampling of NAS options - Network Attached Storage for Expert and Business Series,
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=iWpStL

NAS Storage,
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=jsbCF4

I hope you find the above information useful. smile.gif
ya, i am comparing WD and synology currently. thanks for the info
sam ooi
post Apr 23 2015, 08:30 AM

40 posts

Synology NAS is the best but you need to have good firewall with it. synology NAS always having synolocker issue which target by hackers. Although it is randomly but my client NAS is so unlucky being target by them. At last all files and documents inside gone or else you pay them in bitcoin form.
k!nex
post Apr 26 2015, 05:06 PM

Restless stars
3,327 posts

Anything but Buffalo NAS drives.
I'm using a Synology DS412+ in office. Good NAS and minimal maintenance. It has 2 LAN Port which allows me to do teaming as redundancy against network port failure.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:08 PM