Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Smart Home, Let's discuss

views

hungrygodzilla
post Oct 15 2019, 02:21 PM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(Fubar20 @ Oct 14 2019, 09:37 PM)
If want to use Hassio with Raspberry Pi, be prepared to backup regularly.
My SD card died today and I spent one hour to start it back from downloading the latest image to restore back the data.
Better buy a low power computer like laptop and install Ubuntu server and docker on it.  tongue.gif
Will start with RPI as POC, once i know how to set everything up and running, then I will migrate over to either a cheapo computer or get a synology NAS + docker.

Thanks for your recommendations!

For autogate + Sonoff Self Inching module, the wiring part pretty straight forward easy to understand. After you wire and add the device, anything else to configure? I see in older post regarding inching module talk about duration and stuff, do i need to change the settings or will it automatically just work?

For Wifi bulbs, which brand do you guys recommend?

Fubar20
post Oct 15 2019, 02:26 PM

Regular
1,187 posts

QUOTE(hungrygodzilla @ Oct 15 2019, 02:21 PM)
Will start with RPI as POC, once i know how to set everything up and running, then I will migrate over to either a cheapo computer or get a synology NAS + docker.

Thanks for your recommendations!

For autogate + Sonoff Self Inching module, the wiring part pretty straight forward easy to understand. After you wire and add the device, anything else to configure? I see in older post regarding inching module talk about duration and stuff, do i need to change the settings or will it automatically just work?

For Wifi bulbs, which brand do you guys recommend?
Nothing much if the Self inching module has Tasmota inside. Just some coding to connect it to the MQTT broker in HA.
Wifi bulbs got many types now. Check out those compatible with Tuya. Straight can use with HA if don't want to put Tasmota in it.

alucard89
post Oct 15 2019, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,301 posts

QUOTE(Fubar20 @ Oct 15 2019, 02:26 PM)
Nothing much if the Self inching module has Tasmota inside. Just some coding to connect it to the MQTT broker in HA.
Wifi bulbs got many types now. Check out those compatible with Tuya. Straight can use with HA if don't want to put Tasmota in it.
With Tuya can directly control without flashing custom firmware?
Fubar20
post Oct 15 2019, 02:29 PM

Regular
1,187 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Oct 15 2019, 02:28 PM)
With Tuya can directly control without flashing custom firmware?
Yup, check out the Tuya integration
alucard89
post Oct 15 2019, 05:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,301 posts

QUOTE(Fubar20 @ Oct 15 2019, 02:29 PM)
Yup, check out the Tuya integration

Interesting, how’s the response?
Any delay since it needs to connect to tuya cloud first
Fubar20
post Oct 15 2019, 05:11 PM

Regular
1,187 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Oct 15 2019, 05:09 PM)
Interesting, how’s the response?
Any delay since it needs to connect to tuya cloud first
Sure got delay but acceptable.
Been using a Tuya plug socket for months now.
Except for a short time where the device state did not reflect as per actual, it is alright by me. Recommended of course.
adamw
post Oct 15 2019, 05:37 PM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
3,252 posts

QUOTE(Fubar20 @ Oct 15 2019, 05:11 PM)
Except for a short time where the device state did not reflect as per actual, it is alright by me. Recommended of course.
Lately my Tuya RGB led acting strange. It will switch on without me touching anything on my phone app. But it could be screw up by me installing too many Tuya OEM apps with same account login. When free need to redo the account & link again with Alexa. Even my Alexa link screw up by me.
alucard89
post Oct 15 2019, 11:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,301 posts

QUOTE(Fubar20 @ Oct 15 2019, 05:11 PM)
I see, definitely makes it easier for people who don't wanna alter the device firmware. Is it an official tuya addon or some developer manage to include it in HA?

Just finished watching google livestream
They're really ditching the google name and just calling them nest speakers. Main point seems to integrated chip on board so all processing takes place locally for faster response

Does anyone even use nest products before or subscribe to their services?

This post has been edited by alucard89: Oct 15 2019, 11:14 PM
TheLegend27
post Oct 16 2019, 09:25 AM

Regular
1,653 posts

i notice sonoff no sell just led strip wifi control. need buy 1 set. Sonoff L1 include the led strip.
th3game
post Oct 16 2019, 09:44 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

hi all

do guys think new sonoff mini can be fitted inside our malaysia switch box inside the wall?

if need for one gang switch only.

yes need neutral wire.
Max
post Oct 16 2019, 11:16 AM

Regular
1,684 posts

QUOTE(th3game @ Oct 16 2019, 09:44 AM)
hi all

do guys think new sonoff mini can be fitted inside our malaysia switch box inside the wall?

yes need neutral wire.
If using that std box inside the wall, i dont think can fit.
Im also interested in that mini.. but seen my switch 'inner' wall box.. like no hope.. unless drill/knock more inside wall.
Zot
post Oct 16 2019, 11:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(Max @ Oct 16 2019, 11:16 AM)
If using that std box inside the wall, i dont think can fit.
Im also interested in that mini.. but seen my switch 'inner' wall box.. like no hope.. unless drill/knock more inside wall.
If house still under renovation, then ok. If need to pull N wire, too troublesome for me. Making hole deeper is not much a problem as it is minor compare to cutting through wall, unless you want to lay wire on surface biggrin.gif

Yes, it will not fit unless you remove the switch smile.gif
Fubar20
post Oct 16 2019, 01:26 PM

Regular
1,187 posts

QUOTE(th3game @ Oct 16 2019, 09:44 AM)
hi all

yes need neutral wire.
Tough but doable.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Can't find a one gang switch, go use two gang switch with 4 wires inside

After tighten, have gaps at the side but this can be better for one gang with 3 thick wires for live in, live out and neutral combine with 2 thinner wires for the physical switch
TheLegend27
post Oct 16 2019, 01:35 PM

Regular
1,653 posts

found taobao sell this for renmingbi $49. Wifi contraller for RGB led strip.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by TheLegend27: Oct 16 2019, 01:36 PM
garylimcn
post Oct 16 2019, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

hey sifus. just gone through previous few months thread.
I'm new to smart home concept and would like to apply it to my new house.
1. I like to use voice command, perhaps google home mini is my choice. Does it mean that the switches/wall plug/remote must have the features "works with Google Assistant"?
2. If the switches/wall plug/remote do not have the features of "works with Google Assistant" but Wifi enable, then I only manage to use it by hand phone apps like IHC or IFTTT?
3. Talk about switches, does it kaput easily? I understand electronic stuff nowadays easily kaput, but for the Sonoff switch.... 1 year? 2 year? I don't want to end up changing the switches yearly. the switch is not easily purchase though electrical shop locally.
4. Initial plan is to use Google home mini + Broadlink RM4 mini -> to operate Panasonic aircond, TV+Chromecast and TV box. Is it practical?
5. I know new Panasonic aircond did come with Wifi module and able to control it with hand phone app [by Panasonic]. Does it works with Google Home?

Sorry, I'm still in the planning stage, not so sure how to link the Google Home with IFTTT.
Don't have the Google Mini on hand to try out all this.
Fubar20
post Oct 16 2019, 03:06 PM

Regular
1,187 posts

QUOTE(garylimcn @ Oct 16 2019, 02:32 PM)
1. I like to use voice command, perhaps google home mini is my choice. Does it mean that the switches/wall plug/remote must have the features "works with Google Assistant"?
2. If the switches/wall plug/remote do not have the features of "works with Google Assistant" but Wifi enable, then I only manage to use it by hand phone apps like IHC or IFTTT?
3. Talk about switches, does it kaput easily? I understand electronic stuff nowadays easily kaput, but for the Sonoff switch.... 1 year? 2 year? I don't want to end up changing the switches yearly. the switch is not easily purchase though electrical shop locally.
4. Initial plan is to use Google home mini + Broadlink RM4 mini -> to operate Panasonic aircond, TV+Chromecast and TV box. Is it practical?
5. I know new Panasonic aircond did come with Wifi module and able to control it with hand phone app [by Panasonic]. Does it works with Google Home?

Sorry, I'm still in the planning stage, not so sure how to link the Google Home with IFTTT.
1. Yes
2. Maybe or through Home Assistant / Node Red
3. Been using those switches for 1 year++. No issues on longevity.
4. Yup
5. Not sure.

I don't have Google Mini but if you an Android phone or Google acc, then you can link it at IFTTT.

lyt25_1234
post Oct 16 2019, 03:48 PM

Regular
1,152 posts

I have an Alpha ceiling fan which uses 433Mhz RF. Anyone here have success pairing this with Sonoff RF Bridge?
adamw
post Oct 16 2019, 06:41 PM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
3,252 posts

QUOTE(lyt25_1234 @ Oct 16 2019, 03:48 PM)
I have an Alpha ceiling fan which uses 433Mhz RF. Anyone here have success pairing this with Sonoff RF Bridge?
I also cannot pair my Rubine ceiling fan remote cry.gif
garylimcn
post Oct 17 2019, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Fubar20 @ Oct 16 2019, 03:06 PM)
1. Yes
2. Maybe or through Home Assistant / Node Red
3. Been using those switches for 1 year++. No issues on longevity.
4. Yup
5. Not sure.

I don't have Google Mini but if you an Android phone or Google acc, then you can link it at IFTTT.
- Yes
> Then it means i need "Google Home" app. But I confused. Many smart home apps out there, like eWeLink, IHC [Broadlink], Smart Life[Tuya]. All having similar function, right? Somehow I seldom see master over here using Google Home and Google Assistant. Any reason? Is it you guys more to fully AI [schedule ON/OFF, If this... then that] than I still look for voice command?
- Maybe or through Home Assistant / Node Red
> I understand Home Assistant need a Rasberry to act like local server? Why all this work? Prevent product server down or fast response?
- Been using those switches for 1 year++. No issues on longevity.
> Great news
4. Initial plan is to use Google home mini + Broadlink RM4 mini -> to operate Panasonic aircon, TV+Chromecast and TV box. Is it practical?
-Yup
> I wonder... possible to make it by Broadlink RM4 mini.
> a. I'm watching HDMI 1. want to switch to HDMI 2. By using remote control, I need to select Video Input - Down key - OK
> b. It getting hot. I want to swtich on the aircon and set 22 celcius. By using remote control, I need to select ON - Down key [x N]
> c. To operate TV box, maybe just ON/OFF only?
5. I know new Panasonic aircon did come with Wifi module and able to control it with hand phone app [by Panasonic]. Does it works with Google Home?
- Not sure.
> Anybody using Panasonic Aircon with Wifi module? Please share.

- I don't have Google Mini but if you an Android phone or Google acc, then you can link it at IFTTT.
> IFTTT is providing the idea of possible senario, then we configure it locally?
y4ng
post Oct 17 2019, 09:25 AM

Kambing Lembu
632 posts

Hello!

I am using the Panasonic app and Mi Home
Panasonic can link to Google home (I use pixel 3) and mi home has limited control for google home (only yeelights and vacuum bot). Rest of my xiaomi stuff e.g switches, sensors don't work with Google home.

This post has been edited by y4ng: Oct 17 2019, 09:25 AM

625 Pages « < 318 319 320 321 322 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:43 AM