Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Smart Home, Let's discuss

views

idoblu
post Jul 14 2018, 07:33 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(Ichoosehappiness @ Jul 14 2018, 07:18 AM)
The app was auto-updated 3 days ago in my phone. Was surprised with the new layout appearance when I first saw it.
Encountered at least 2 times of incidences where the system hanged and claimed itself offline :-(
After reseting (off & on) the hard switch of the lights, the problem solved.
Seems that this updated version is not as good as the previous version ... somehow, contrary to one of the stated reason for the upgrade.
So it’s not only mine acting up....
Btw how’s your Xiaomi experiments? Is it working out for you?
Aqara’s plan on selling their system in the US soon so lots of new implementation like English, HomeKit and hopefully Alexa.
Ichoosehappiness
post Jul 15 2018, 02:29 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 14 2018, 07:33 AM)
So it’s not only mine acting up....
Btw how’s your Xiaomi experiments? Is it working out for you?
Aqara’s plan on selling their system in the US soon so lots of new implementation like English, HomeKit and hopefully Alexa.
Oh my ... I only tested my Xiaomi Mijia 5 in 1 Kit & Yeelight LED strip months back, it works well and then packed back into the box ... plan to fix them for my new home (still under construction) later, may be in Dec18 :-)

For my current home, I am using 5 Sonoff basic and 1 Yeelight Ceiling light.
It served my family simple needs ... able to control the "key strategic" lights with some schedules (replacing all the Selcon photocells) as well as able to control remotely by phones (both mine & my wife's phones) when we are away from home.
So far, I found that EweLink app connected faster compared to Yeelight app when I opened both apps together, at the same time.

I also managed to coach my electrician about simple Smarthome, affordable Sonoff and capability of Yeelight Ceiling light (which is new to him) so that he can now "cari makan" better with more value add offering to his customers :-)
He was very excited with these new knowledge.

For my new home, I am thinking of using Sonoff Touch Wall Switches due to my pleasant experiences with current Sonoff basic product.
Of course, few Yeelight Ceiling Lights due to able to set different colors ranging from 2700k to 6500k, besides its nice appearance.
ianlti
post Jul 16 2018, 12:38 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(Ichoosehappiness @ Jul 14 2018, 07:18 AM)
The app was auto-updated 3 days ago in my phone. Was surprised with the new layout appearance when I first saw it.
Encountered at least 2 times of incidences where the system hanged and claimed itself offline :-(
After reseting (off & on) the hard switch of the lights, the problem solved.
Seems that this updated version is not as good as the previous version ... somehow, contrary to one of the stated reason for the upgrade.
is time to ditch server base control and move forward to mqtt local controls
corad
post Jul 16 2018, 04:05 PM

Hard to see, the dark side is.
2,338 posts

for motorised curtains / blinds , any way to retrofit existing ones or do I have to get a completely new set ?

also which brand is recommended ? searching only gives high end brands like Lutron / Control4 ...
idoblu
post Jul 17 2018, 10:30 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(corad @ Jul 16 2018, 04:05 PM)
for motorised curtains / blinds , any way to retrofit existing ones or do I have to get a completely new set ?

also which brand is recommended ? searching only gives high end brands like Lutron / Control4 ...
You have blinds or curtains? What kind of blinds?

I’m using this Teptron Move for my roller blinds. Stay away from this company. You can find similar retrofits. Not sure if it’s any better.
ozak
post Jul 17 2018, 10:44 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 17 2018, 10:30 AM)
You have blinds or curtains? What kind of blinds?

I’m using this Teptron Move for my roller blinds. Stay away from this company. You can find similar retrofits. Not sure if it’s any better.
You wan not working anymore ?
idoblu
post Jul 17 2018, 10:53 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 17 2018, 10:44 AM)
You wan not working anymore ?
Works but damn lousy. They added so called automation to raise or lower blinds at certain time and days but totally not working. This company lazy wan. Simple things but can’t do properly. Don’t ever buy tech products from Swedish tech companies. They are only good for furniture and meat balls
ozak
post Jul 17 2018, 10:58 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 17 2018, 10:53 AM)
Works but damn lousy. They added so called automation to raise or lower blinds at certain time and days but totally not working. This company lazy wan. Simple things but can’t do properly. Don’t ever buy tech products from Swedish tech companies. They are only good for furniture and meat balls
biggrin.gif

So the apps is not working and don't border to upgrade or do anything ? Must have a lot of complain to this company.
Ichoosehappiness
post Jul 17 2018, 11:04 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 17 2018, 10:53 AM)
Good you share your experiences.
Now I can discount out this product.
Have you tried Aqara Curtain Motor? You are a fan of Aqara product 😅.
idoblu
post Jul 17 2018, 11:11 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(Ichoosehappiness @ Jul 17 2018, 11:04 AM)
Good you share your experiences.
Now I can discount out this product.
Have you tried Aqara Curtain Motor? You are a fan of Aqara product 😅.
I don’t have curtains. I only got roller blinds
idoblu
post Jul 17 2018, 11:13 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 17 2018, 10:58 AM)
biggrin.gif

So the apps is not working and don't border to upgrade or do anything ? Must have a lot of complain to this company.
Useless company
Not many ppl complain though. Maybe because not many bought their products. I rather buy those tubular motors from China
ozak
post Jul 17 2018, 11:15 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 17 2018, 11:13 AM)
Useless company
Not many ppl complain though. Maybe because not many bought their products. I rather buy those tubular motors from China
Kickstarter or what.

Kasi modify it with xiaomi or sonoff lor.
luvox
post Jul 17 2018, 11:24 AM

On my way
626 posts

If u guys r looking for budget motorized railing curtain. Dooya works well. I think aqara also share the same railing mechanism, in case wana upgrade to zigbee motor. But need proper study the mechanism n customize the railing length. A bit challange if cant read chinese coz need communication to customize the order, if wana buy from taobao

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4508407/+60

This post has been edited by luvox: Jul 17 2018, 11:26 AM
idoblu
post Jul 17 2018, 11:28 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 17 2018, 11:15 AM)
Kickstarter  or what.

Kasi modify it with xiaomi or sonoff lor.
I think at first it’s Kickstarter project but I bought straight from their own website

Anyway doesn’t matter. It can raise and lower manually I’m also ok. It’s a simple device but not very smart and Teptron too lazy to improve it.
shackks
post Jul 23 2018, 09:11 AM

Regular
1,777 posts

Hello all,
I'm starting to venture into smart home system for my house now. It's not for the novelty of it, but more for the control especially when I'm not at home or about to reach home as I don't like having a bunch of remotes or keys dangling around me.

I'm now searching for a 4 way control for my new auto gate but so far, I've only came across Senzo until now. But Senzo only have 2 momentary switch, but I need 4.

Can someone advise or recommend any reliable brands that I can look into?

Thanks in advance.
Zot
post Jul 23 2018, 09:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(shackks @ Jul 23 2018, 09:11 AM)
Hello all,
I'm starting to venture into smart home system for my house now. It's not for the novelty of it, but more for the control especially when I'm not at home or about to reach home as I don't like having a bunch of remotes or keys dangling around me.

I'm now searching for a 4 way control for my new auto gate but so far, I've only came across Senzo until now. But Senzo only have 2 momentary switch, but I need 4.

Can someone advise or recommend any reliable brands that I can look into?

Thanks in advance.
You mean you want to put those switches inside the house so that you do not need to use remote for 4 auto-gate functions?
shackks
post Jul 23 2018, 09:32 AM

Regular
1,777 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jul 23 2018, 09:24 AM)
You mean you want to put those switches inside the house so that you do not need to use remote for 4 auto-gate functions?
No, my intention is to replace the main switch inside the house to a smart switch, where I can use that as the master switch to operate the gate. Which is why I'm looking for a smart switch with 4 momentary controls. And with the smart switch as the gateway, I'll then be able to use phones to control the gate thru wi-fi.

My apologies that I did not state clearly what I'm looking for.
Zot
post Jul 23 2018, 09:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(shackks @ Jul 23 2018, 09:32 AM)
No, my intention is to replace the main switch inside the house to a smart switch, where I can use that as the master switch to operate the gate. Which is why I'm looking for a smart switch with 4 momentary controls. And with the smart switch as the gateway, I'll then be able to use phones to control the gate thru wi-fi.

My apologies that I did not state clearly what I'm looking for.
You main switch panel for the gate has 4 momentary switches built onto it? I have never come across smart switch with 4 momentary switch function. However, you can find a momentary switch in module form that can be controlled by WiFi. You can use this module to connect in parallel with existing switch you have.
shackks
post Jul 23 2018, 09:52 AM

Regular
1,777 posts

You mean something like Sonoff?
Zot
post Jul 23 2018, 09:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(shackks @ Jul 23 2018, 09:52 AM)
You mean something like Sonoff?
Yes. I think sonoff have. Many here use sonoff for same reason I think. You can put the module else where.

625 Pages « < 161 162 163 164 165 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:45 PM