QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jan 9 2023, 02:36 PM)
Zigbee
+ frees up congestion on your wifi network
+ might have less latency depending on your area size and location of hub
- need to spend extra on a Zigbee hub

Wifi
+ straightforward to setup as direct connect to wifi network
+ no extra hardware (eg: hub) required
- might congest and slowdown your network if there's too many wifi devices in the same network
- high latency if the wifi network is weak

Your wifi router should have both 2.4ghz and 5ghz network
Thank you so much Zenetic for been so helpful notworthy.gif
ReaperX
post Jan 10 2023, 01:51 PM

U can be the moon but still be jealous of the stars.
854 posts

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jan 9 2023, 02:36 PM)
Zigbee
+ frees up congestion on your wifi network
+ might have less latency depending on your area size and location of hub
- need to spend extra on a Zigbee hub

Wifi
+ straightforward to setup as direct connect to wifi network
+ no extra hardware (eg: hub) required
- might congest and slowdown your network if there's too many wifi devices in the same network
- high latency if the wifi network is weak

Your wifi router should have both 2.4ghz and 5ghz network
Just to add another point, Zigbee uses less power compared to Wifi. Especially when devices like motion sensors are battery powered, it'll lasts at least twice or more compared with Wifi.
soba_82
post Jan 14 2023, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

Any1 here know why almost all my Tuya device cannot connect to my 2.4GHz?Yesterday juz install Unifi 100 mbps on my home.Before this,i use dxgx unlimited + Huawei router no problem.

Rite now can only connect to Tuya zigbee Hub, (only wired,if wifi x work like on Huawei + Dxgx) and all Tuya Zigbee device.

P/S Long time x active here on LYN...

This post has been edited by soba_82: Jan 14 2023, 02:51 PM
lucaswjk
post Jan 14 2023, 02:31 PM

~im coming~
3,659 posts

QUOTE(soba_82 @ Jan 14 2023, 11:59 AM)
Any1 here know why almost all my Tuya device cannot connect to my 2.4GHz?Yesterday juz install 100 mbps on my home.Before this,i use dxgx unlimited + Huawei router no problem.

Rite now can only connect to Tuya zigbee Hub, (only wired,if wifi x work like on Huawei + Dxgx) and all Tuya Zigbee device.

P/S Long time x active here on LYN...
try legacy mode, no mesh, no wifi6, and no 40MHz

soba_82
post Jan 14 2023, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Jan 14 2023, 02:31 PM)
try legacy mode, no mesh, no wifi6, and no 40MHz
Err..what is legacy mode + x know bout 40MHz ?Me x have mesh.Tanx 4 reply

For info: I'm on Unifi 100Mbps rite now.Only can connect to Tuya Temp & Humidty Sensor (Wifi),Gas Sensor (Wifi),Smart Plug (Wifi) and Moes Tuya/Zigbee Multimode Hub (only on wired,with wifi fail).All my Tuya/Zigbee devices now no problem..

P/S Newbies here...

This post has been edited by soba_82: Jan 14 2023, 03:00 PM
lucaswjk
post Jan 14 2023, 03:04 PM

~im coming~
3,659 posts

QUOTE(soba_82 @ Jan 14 2023, 02:49 PM)
Err..what is legacy mode + x know bout 40MHz ?Me x have mesh.Tanx 4 reply

For info: I'm on Unifi 100Mbps rite now.Only can connect to Tuya Temp & Humidty Sensor (Wifi),Gas Sensor (Wifi),Smart Plug (Wifi) and Moes Tuya/Zigbee Multimode Hub (only on wired,with wifi fail).All my Tuya/Zigbee devices now no problem..
P/S Newbies here...
easy life for u... just use ur old router as AP.

or if u r abit techie, u can read more here
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1042475
soba_82
post Jan 14 2023, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Jan 14 2023, 03:04 PM)
easy life for u... just use ur old router as AP.

or if u r abit techie, u can read more here
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1042475
u mean using my previous Dxgx + Huawei modem for all my smart devices?Actually i'll think bout that too,but i want to know the cause of this problem 1st.BTW,i got D-Link DIR-X1860Z router from Unifi.

This post has been edited by soba_82: Jan 14 2023, 03:09 PM
lucaswjk
post Jan 14 2023, 03:14 PM

~im coming~
3,659 posts

QUOTE(ReaperX @ Jan 10 2023, 01:51 PM)
Just to add another point, Zigbee uses less power compared to Wifi. Especially when devices like motion sensors are battery powered, it'll lasts at least twice or more compared with Wifi.
i think at the end, most ppl will use both. zigbee and wifi.
coz wifi devices is cheaper, more powerful, hv longer range...

as for power consumption, wifi devices on average consume 0.3w.
even if u own 100devices, it only used up 30w. not really an issue.

of coz if ur devices running on battery, u better choose zigbee coz u dont want to change battery every few months

here is the serious issue faced by wifi chip, it is old...
esp32 arent really pickup the speed yet, but if u have choice,
pls choose esp32
lucaswjk
post Jan 14 2023, 03:19 PM

~im coming~
3,659 posts

QUOTE(soba_82 @ Jan 14 2023, 03:07 PM)
u mean using my previous Dxgx + Huawei modem for all my smart devices?Actually i'll think bout that too,but i want to know the cause of this problem 1st.BTW,i got D-Link DIR-X1860Z router from Unifi.
im not sure about dlink router, dont think they provide alot of option for you to play.

as i told u, ur issue is the wifi.
for starter, pls do not use the same ssid for 2.4G and 5G.

and if unifi, they tend to have @unifi at the end of the ssid, did u set it previously on your IoT devices?
soba_82
post Jan 14 2023, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Jan 14 2023, 03:19 PM)
im not sure about dlink router, dont think they provide alot of option for you to play.

as i told u, ur issue is the wifi.
for starter, pls do not use the same ssid for 2.4G and 5G.

and if unifi, they tend to have @unifi at the end of the ssid, did u set it previously on your IoT devices?
I already change the SSID to mine,but i x put the 'unifi' at the end,only soba_82@2.4GHz / soba_82@5GHz

This post has been edited by soba_82: Jan 14 2023, 03:29 PM
lucaswjk
post Jan 14 2023, 03:40 PM

~im coming~
3,659 posts

QUOTE(soba_82 @ Jan 14 2023, 03:26 PM)
I already change the SSID to mine,but i  x put the 'unifi' at the end,only soba_82@2.4GHz / soba_82@5GHz
then try set ur 2.4G wifi to b/g only...
if it work, slowly increase to b/g/n or n only

This post has been edited by lucaswjk: Jan 14 2023, 03:40 PM
Max
post Jan 15 2023, 01:53 PM

Regular
1,573 posts

QUOTE(soba_82 @ Jan 14 2023, 03:07 PM)
Last option, maybe re-pair back all ur tuya/smart devices.
Sometimes change router wifi will gila abit..
Samanoske Akechi
post Jan 25 2023, 09:07 AM

Itanium Solutions Inc.
625 posts

Hi all, recently added a Zigbee no neutral no capacitor switches for my gate and several 1-gang light switches, very happy with the result so far and am looking to do the same for the 2/3/4 gang mechanical switches throughout the house.

I've had no luck locating any 4-gang no neutral no capacitor switch offerings yet. And I'm vaguely aware of the circuitry requirements/challenges that allow for the 3-gang config but potentially not the 4-gang (something about always-on 1W draw for the switches). Unfortunately my home wiring setup just doesn't allow for neutral or capacitor installation. sad.gif

Anyone could weigh in on this to explain in more detail? Or point me in the direction of any solutions/alternatives?
dest9116
post Jan 25 2023, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

Which switch did you use?
fattybombibi P
post Jan 25 2023, 08:59 PM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Jan 7 2023, 10:00 PM)
I'm using Global hub, some older China switches do pair... but some of the switches has region lock... I'm guessing newer firmware perhaps?

Eventually I guess I will buy a China hub instead, use China Aqara server... but I'm using HomeKit most of the time anyways.

Surprised to see your switches have neutral line there! What switches are you using now? is the neutral wire just idling behind the current switches?
hi - was doing some research and stumble upon your reply that closely related to what i'm looking for.... if i may ask,

currently i have Aqara A100 Zigbee (international version, bought from Aqara Lazada MY)
i am planning to buy Aqara Curtain Driver E1 and also Aqara G3 Camera Hub from Taobao China...
i understand that i still can use them here as long as i use "China" region in Aqara app....
but my question is, since my digital lock is "other" region, can it still pair with the China region camera hub?
or, can i set automation at Apple HomeKit i.e. if A100 unlock then G3 start recording / if A100 arm mode then G3 start recording etc.

celciuz
post Jan 27 2023, 11:02 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,087 posts

QUOTE(fattybombibi @ Jan 25 2023, 08:59 PM)
hi - was doing some research and stumble upon your reply that closely related to what i'm looking for.... if i may ask,

currently i have Aqara A100 Zigbee (international version, bought from Aqara Lazada MY)
i am planning to buy Aqara Curtain Driver E1 and also Aqara G3 Camera Hub from Taobao China...
i understand that i still can use them here as long as i use "China" region in Aqara app....
but my question is, since my digital lock is "other" region, can it still pair with the China region camera hub?
or, can i set automation at Apple HomeKit i.e. if A100 unlock then G3 start recording / if A100 arm mode then G3 start recording etc.
My situation is that I have

Aqara M2 Hub (international) which pairs to several D1 Neutral China switches (some of the newer stocks don't work, but workaround is just run it in HomeKit mode then no issue). So far those I bought still sufficient so I didn't bother la. I'm connected to "other" for the M2 Hub. So far what I know is the newer stocks have region lock already... so it may or might not work for you. Last resort, do HomeKit mode.

I have then about 3 S1E switches which connects to Wi-Fi, this one is paired to China server directly. My switches talk to each other via HomeKit so they are all visible in HomeKit. My automation also I set from HomeKit, as I've another LifeSmart hub which controls my roller blinds and curtains.

This post has been edited by celciuz: Jan 27 2023, 11:03 AM
soba_82
post Jan 28 2023, 05:59 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(Max @ Jan 15 2023, 01:53 PM)
Last option, maybe re-pair back all ur tuya/smart devices.
Sometimes change router wifi will gila abit..
After moved all my Tuya devices to Guest Network (2.4 GHz,compatibility mode on),all bulbs online again. thumbup.gif
soba_82
post Jan 28 2023, 06:09 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Jan 14 2023, 03:40 PM)
then try set ur 2.4G wifi to b/g only...
if it work, slowly increase to b/g/n or n only
Tanx for tips boss !BTW,rite now plan to install Alexa,Tuya/Smart Life,SmartThings to my Android box so any notification i got from my TV too.Did any1 try already?

This post has been edited by soba_82: Jan 28 2023, 06:18 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0232sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th January 2023 - 10:40 PM