> Hearthstone now available on mobile, Android and iOS

views

TSray123
post Apr 15 2015, 06:06 PM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

QUOTE(Dannyl @ Apr 15 2015, 05:53 PM)
Thanks.

There is no story mode grinding to get new cards?  Only pure PVP?
No story, what little PvE in there is barely more than cosmetic. There are two PvE expansions released (called 'Adventures'). You unlock them by paying gold, and you will get their new cards after defeating the bosses. These adventures feature specially designed PvE encounters that requires building specialized decks to beat.

As a new player, you will unlock several class cards as you level up. After that, you get new cards by buying card packs (100g per pack) via ingame gold or cash. You earn gold by doing daily quests, eg "win 3 games for 40 gold" or "win 5 games with this class for 60 gold". You also earn 10 gold for every 3 PvP games you win. Each card pack has 5 random cards, one of which is guaranteed a rare or better.

The second currency ingame is called "dust". You get this by disassembling cards that you don't want (duplicates etc), and you use it to craft the card you want.

Arena mode requires 150g to enter, but you get more gold the more you win, as well as one card pack. 3 wins is usually considered as breakeven as you get some consolation gold as well as a card pack. 8 wins is enough to get back 150g directly. A 12-win arena run can reward you with up to 400 gold, some dust as well as the pack.

At first I too was wary about playing against people online, but the lack of a chat mode unless you're friends, limited emotes (which can be turned off) and quick games (avg 10 minutes) meant you will quickly forget the jackass who defeated you.
sammm33
post Apr 15 2015, 06:11 PM

On my way
639 posts

QUOTE(tlts @ Apr 15 2015, 05:27 PM)
Windows phone can play  this?
no . now start crying and regret for buying a windows phone.
soulseeker6187
post Apr 15 2015, 06:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,765 posts

kuat makan battery la.
stop playing already.
oRoXoRo
post Apr 15 2015, 06:47 PM

Level 1 Audiophile
1,628 posts

My experience in using iphone 4 s is not very good playing this game. Anyone using iphone 6 or note? Can give some review?
SUStlts
post Apr 15 2015, 06:55 PM

pee poo pee poo
1,891 posts

QUOTE(sammm33 @ Apr 15 2015, 06:11 PM)
no . now start crying and regret for buying a windows phone.
i aready played it on pc,and not liking it much anyway biggrin.gif
sammm33
post Apr 15 2015, 07:23 PM

On my way
639 posts

QUOTE(tlts @ Apr 15 2015, 06:55 PM)
i aready played it on pc,and not liking it much anyway  biggrin.gif
good for you then
Dannyl
post Apr 16 2015, 07:44 AM

what the fucuk-yimai
6,113 posts

QUOTE(xaoc @ Apr 15 2015, 05:57 PM)
story mode aka adventure mode is where you'll get some of the most essential cards in the game

but you have to pay to unlock it with real cash or in-game gold

blackrock mountain expansion is being released right now
QUOTE(ray123 @ Apr 15 2015, 06:06 PM)
No story, what little PvE in there is barely more than cosmetic. There are two PvE expansions released (called 'Adventures'). You unlock them by paying gold, and you will get their new cards after defeating the bosses. These adventures feature specially designed PvE encounters that requires building specialized decks to beat.

As a new player, you will unlock several class cards as you level up. After that, you get new cards by buying card packs (100g per pack) via ingame gold or cash. You earn gold by doing daily quests, eg "win 3 games for 40 gold" or "win 5 games with this class for 60 gold". You also earn 10 gold for every 3 PvP games you win. Each card pack has 5 random cards, one of which is guaranteed a rare or better.

The second currency ingame is called "dust". You get this by disassembling cards that you don't want (duplicates etc), and you use it to craft the card you want.

Arena mode requires 150g to enter, but you get more gold the more you win, as well as one card pack. 3 wins is usually considered as breakeven as you get some consolation gold as well as a card pack. 8 wins is enough to get back 150g directly. A 12-win arena run can reward you with up to 400 gold, some dust as well as the pack.

At first I too was wary about playing against people online, but the lack of a chat mode unless you're friends, limited emotes (which can be turned off) and quick games (avg 10 minutes) meant you will quickly forget the jackass who defeated you.
Thanks. Daily quests, if not requiring too much time commitment, is still acceptable. Previously played Spirit Stones and the amount of grinding for gold to have a stab at Rare and Ultra Rare new cards made me realize the enjoyment is not there anymore and it's just daily commitment... kind of like a stale relationship tongue.gif

iOS and Android can have shared game progress for Hearthstone, for example linked to Facebook?
xaoc
post Apr 16 2015, 08:58 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(Dannyl @ Apr 16 2015, 07:44 AM)
Thanks.  Daily quests, if not requiring too much time commitment, is still acceptable.  Previously played Spirit Stones and the amount of grinding for gold to have a stab at Rare and Ultra Rare new cards made me realize the enjoyment is not there anymore and it's just daily commitment... kind of like a stale relationship tongue.gif

iOS and Android can have shared game progress for Hearthstone, for example linked to Facebook?
1 card pack a day is possible with daily quest and 12-15 wins grind

You can also go super casual by playing once every 3 days, letting the daily quest accumulate. Sometimes the quests overlap each other (example: Win 3 games in any mode, Do x damage to enemy hero, summon 2 cost minions).

So that's super convenient, I do this to my account on another server to accumulate cards.

About the newly released mobile hearthstone, I have no idea.
TSray123
post Apr 16 2015, 08:59 AM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

QUOTE(Dannyl @ Apr 16 2015, 07:44 AM)
Thanks.  Daily quests, if not requiring too much time commitment, is still acceptable.  Previously played Spirit Stones and the amount of grinding for gold to have a stab at Rare and Ultra Rare new cards made me realize the enjoyment is not there anymore and it's just daily commitment... kind of like a stale relationship tongue.gif

Yes, if you grind enough gold and dust you can get everything in game.

The game account is cross-platform on iOS, Android and PC via Battle.net. There two achievements for playing a full game in iOS and Android which rewards you with a free pack respectively to your account.
Dannyl
post Apr 16 2015, 12:49 PM

what the fucuk-yimai
6,113 posts

QUOTE(xaoc @ Apr 16 2015, 08:58 AM)
1 card pack a day is possible with daily quest and 12-15 wins grind

You can also go super casual by playing once every 3 days, letting the daily quest accumulate. Sometimes the quests overlap each other (example: Win 3 games in any mode, Do x damage to enemy hero, summon 2 cost minions).

So that's super convenient, I do this to my account on another server to accumulate cards.

About the newly released mobile hearthstone, I have no idea.
QUOTE(ray123 @ Apr 16 2015, 08:59 AM)
Yes, if you grind enough gold and dust you can get everything in game.

The game account is cross-platform on iOS, Android and PC via Battle.net. There two achievements for playing a full game in iOS and Android which rewards you with a free pack respectively to your account.
Thanks guys. Will give it a try smile.gif
th3judas
post May 22 2015, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

i installed Hearthstone after reading this thread in April.. This is THE ONLY game I play now. My wife sudah bising
TSray123
post May 22 2015, 05:42 PM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

New players should google "Face hunter deck", it's essentially a Hunter deck that uses cheap and basic cards that gambles on early, near unstoppable constant damage that makes a mockery of other more expensive and elaborately constructed decks.
kalandra
post May 25 2015, 10:57 PM

Regular
1,669 posts

QUOTE(ray123 @ Apr 15 2015, 05:21 PM)
New players might be daunted at the time sink/money investment in the game for the constructed sections (ie, you build a deck of 30 cards from the cards you own).

Alternatively, there is always the arena mode which requires 150 gold per session to draft 30 random cards, but if you're good enough (eg 8+ wins before 3 losses), you can get infinite arena runs that way.

Beginners should watch Trump on Youtube as he explains and teaches the basics. Search for Trump Teachings and Trump iDraft for guides.
Unless they change things, you only need 7 brows.gif

Used to be good at arena, but stop playing for about 4 months or so, now I suck at it.

QUOTE(kimp @ Apr 15 2015, 06:02 PM)
be warn this game will burn your money yooo , even as a casual fag sooner or later u will buy the booster pack since it's only 1 dolllaaaaa .
If you are good enough, you can just grind arena for boosters.

QUOTE(Dannyl @ Apr 15 2015, 05:29 PM)
Sounds like for hardcore gamers only.  I'm looking for a casual game, this is not it, I suppose...?
Its less hardcore than you think. You get matched with equaled skilled players.
Slowpokeking
post Jul 9 2015, 09:20 PM

11 posts

Anybody still playing this game?
TSray123
post Jul 9 2015, 10:19 PM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

Of course, in fact there is an official voting now for the next SEA tournament to be in Philippines or in Malaysia.
Slowpokeking
post Jul 9 2015, 10:21 PM

11 posts

Wanna add peeps for the watch friend win quest.

Only have two person randomly added me but they weren't online frequently lol

Latest Brawl is kinda fun.
TSray123
post Jul 9 2015, 10:29 PM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/commen...r_2015_edition/

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/wiki/r..._sticky_threads
nickisthemost
post Jul 9 2015, 10:42 PM

Casual
382 posts

Waiting for magic duels: origins

GG hearthstone
TSray123
post Jul 25 2015, 12:29 AM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

New expansion: The Grand Tournament featuring 132 new cards and new mechanics that affect your Hero Power.

2 Pages < 1 2
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:00 AM