Child 44 | 16 April 2015|, Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, Joel Kinnaman

views

TSxpole
post Apr 14 2015, 02:56 PM, updated 9y ago

Rain on me baby
1,361 posts

user posted image

Synopsis:

The film is based on Tom Rob Smith`s 2008 novel "Child 44". Tom Hardy stars as Leo Demidov, a disgraced MGB agent dispatched to investigate a series of gruesome child murders in Stalin-era Soviet Union.

Language: English
Classification: 18
General Release Date: 16 Apr 2015
Genre: Thriller / Drama
Running Time: 2 Hours 17 Minutes
Distributor: TGV Pictures
Cast: Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Vincent Cassel
Director: Daniel Espinosa
Format: 2D

The trailer looks interesting but some people complain that the accent is so fake in this movie.

tonYe
post Apr 17 2015, 12:10 PM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

The western reviews have been way too harsh. But I guess it's probably even more relatable to us than to them. *cough*detention without trial*cough*
TSxpole
post Apr 19 2015, 11:08 PM

Rain on me baby
1,361 posts

Just watched at O.U.

I gave 2/5.
Bad storyline. There are so many scenes that takes time to understand.
The storyline also doesn't reflect the title of the movie. They didn't explain well about the Child 44.

And also the russian accent is really annoying. No wonder many people that watched this movie complain about this.

tonYe
post Apr 20 2015, 07:59 AM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

QUOTE(xpole @ Apr 19 2015, 11:08 PM)
Just watched at O.U.

I gave 2/5.
Bad storyline. There are so many scenes that takes time to understand.
The storyline also doesn't reflect the title of the movie. They didn't explain well about the Child 44.

And also the russian accent is really annoying. No wonder many people that watched this movie complain about this.
I don't find the film difficult to understand at all. Actually I felt that most scenes are too straightforward.

The title is bad, but its meaning is indicated in the film. Leo's friend's child is the 44th and it's the case that triggers his conscience crisis and to investigate on the murders.

I agree that the fake accent is darn annoying though.

This film is definitely for everyone, not even for every critic. It's more of a totalitarian drama than mystery thriller.
6so
post Apr 20 2015, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Child 44 is an actual serial killer that happened from 70's to 90's. He did kill more than 44...cough"sequel"cough. He escaped suspicion because of his political background. The book is a trilogy that placed the event broadly back to 50's to amplify the Stalin's totalitarian government.
The movie just flat out does not live up to the impressive casting. Lose interest half way when they decide to do the headless chicken routine.
That thick russian accent way too distracting and felt like they are still making an 80's movie simply because the audience need to know they are in russia.
There's no thrill in this thriller.
Can't wait for Hardy in Mad Max to wash away this bad aftertaste.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:26 PM