15 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health deleted==, deleted==

views

TSzeropoint9
post Jan 16 2017, 10:58 AM

Casual
424 posts

Hypnotherapy is more effective than nicotine replacement therapy for smoking cessation: Results of a randomized controlled trial

Background

The efficacy of pharmacotherapy for smoking cessation is well documented. However, due to relapse rates and side effects, hypnotherapy is gaining attention as an alternative treatment option. The aim of this one-center randomized study was to compare the efficacy of hypnotherapy alone, as well as hypnotherapy with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT), to conventional NRT in patients hospitalized with a cardiac or pulmonary illness.

Results
Hypnotherapy patients were more likely than NRT patients to be nonsmokers at 12 weeks (43.9% vs. 28.2%; p = 0.14) and 26 weeks after hospitalization (36.6% vs. 18.0%; p = 0.06). Smoking abstinence rates in the HNRT group were similar to the H group. There was no difference in smoking abstinence rates at 26 weeks between “self quit” and participants in any of the treatment groups. In multivariable regression analysis adjusting for diagnosis and demographic characteristics, H and HNRT were over three times more likely than NRT participants to abstain at 26-weeks post-discharge (RR = 3.6; p = 0.03 and RR = 3.2; p = 0.04, respectively).

Conclusion
Hypnotherapy is more effective than NRT in improving smoking abstinence in patients hospitalized for a smoking-related illness, and could be an asset to post-discharge smoking cessation programs.

Research study source:http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0965229913002100
Npad
post Jan 17 2017, 09:27 AM

Casual
356 posts

My own experience in quitting smoking is by using something rather gimmicky. It worked tremendously well though and I've been cigarette free for almost 2 years now after being a pack a day smoker for 7 long years. With no cravings whatsoever. What I did was went through the book titled "Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking". The website is here if you want to check it out.

I was a cheapskate though and I went to youtube to find a free audiobook of his book and just listened, all while smoking. It's 4 hours long and I guarantee you, if you give it a proper attempt you will be able to stop smoking. This is coming from someone who failed at quitting 5 times before, through slow reduction method, cold turkey method, antisocial method, habit replacement method and NRT method.

Go read, or listen to Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking. It sounds gimmicky as hell, I know. But hey, I have nothing to gain shilling on this shit. Hey I even listened to the pirated version of the audiobook. If anybody really really want to quit smoking, please give this a shot. I cannot recommend it enough.
TSzeropoint9
post Jan 19 2017, 10:54 PM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(Npad @ Jan 17 2017, 09:27 AM)
My own experience in quitting smoking is by using something rather gimmicky. It worked tremendously well though and I've been cigarette free for almost 2 years now after being a pack a day smoker for 7 long years. With no cravings whatsoever. What I did was went through the book titled "Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking". The website is here if you want to check it out.

I was a cheapskate though and I went to youtube to find a free audiobook of his book and just listened, all while smoking. It's 4 hours long and I guarantee you, if you give it a proper attempt you will be able to stop smoking. This is coming from someone who failed at quitting 5 times before, through slow reduction method, cold turkey method, antisocial method, habit replacement method and NRT method.

Go read, or listen to Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking. It sounds gimmicky as hell, I know. But hey, I have nothing to gain shilling on this shit. Hey I even listened to the pirated version of the audiobook. If anybody really really want to quit smoking, please give this a shot. I cannot recommend it enough.
Thanks for sharing. It is very interesting. Will study more about it
TSzeropoint9
post Jan 23 2017, 09:02 AM

Casual
424 posts

user posted image

Introduction to clinical hypnotherapy for Southern University College students.
Special thanks to counseling psychologist for inviting me.

Stress is often referred to as the silent killer and for good reason. Stress is a common issue among university students. Clinical hypnosis is known to be a powerful stress reduction tool, it is also very useful for test and performance anxiety.
Thus, I am glad to have a chance to share this powerful and effective tool.
TSzeropoint9
post Feb 3 2017, 11:22 AM

Casual
424 posts

How can I improve my sleep hygiene?

One of the most important sleep hygiene practices is to spend an appropriate amount of time asleep in bed, not too little or too excessive. Sleep needs vary across ages and are especially impacted by lifestyle and health. However, there are recommendations that can provide guidance on how much sleep you need generally. Other good sleep hygiene practices include:

Limiting daytime naps to 30 minutes . Napping does not make up for inadequate nighttime sleep. However, a short nap of 20-30 minutes can help to improve mood, alertness and performance.

Avoiding stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine close to bedtime. And when it comes to alcohol, moderation is key 4. While alcohol is well-known to help you fall asleep faster, too much close to bedtime can disrupt sleep in the second half of the night as the body begins to process the alcohol.

Exercising to promote good quality sleep. As little as 10 minutes of aerobic exercise, such as walking or cycling, can drastically improve nighttime sleep quality. For the best night’s sleep, most people should avoid strenuous workouts close to bedtime. However, the effect of intense nighttime exercise on sleep differs from person to person, so find out what works best for you.

Steering clear of food that can be disruptive right before sleep. Heavy or rich foods, fatty or fried meals, spicy dishes, citrus fruits, and carbonated drinks can trigger indigestion for some people. When this occurs close to bedtime, it can lead to painful heartburn that disrupts sleep.

Ensuring adequate exposure to natural light. This is particularly important for individuals who may not venture outside frequently. Exposure to sunlight during the day, as well as darkness at night, helps to maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle .

Establishing a regular relaxing bedtime routine. A regular nightly routine helps the body recognize that it is bedtime. This could include taking warm shower or bath, reading a book, or light stretches. When possible, try to avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before attempting to sleep.

Making sure that the sleep environment is pleasant. Mattress and pillows should be comfortable. The bedroom should be cool – between 60 and 67 degrees – for optimal sleep. Bright light from lamps, cell phone and TV screens can make it difficult to fall asleep4, so turn those light off or adjust them when possible. Consider using blackout curtains, eye shades, ear plugs, "white noise" machines, humidifiers, fans and other devices that can make the bedroom more relaxing.

Source:
https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-topics/sleep-hygiene
TSzeropoint9
post Feb 10 2017, 10:58 PM

Casual
424 posts

Sleep Difficulties Have a Variety of Contributors
Many complex factors contribute to sleeplessness and insomnia including stress, anxiety, trauma, and habitual over-thinking resulting in abnormal brain wave function.

Why am I Tired All of the Time?
Until recently, insomnia was studied from a behavioral perspective, but as this problem grows, new research and insights have been discovered. Recent studies suggest that in cases of insomnia, the brain is unable to process information properly due to cortical hyperarousal. This creates abnormal brainwave function.

Restore Sleep Naturally
By retraining the brain and improving brainwave function in those key areas affected by insomnia, the brain is rewarded through neurofeedback for creating healthier patterns. As the brain learns new responses, new patterns and pathways develop improving brainwave function as you begin to sleep better, longer.

Does Neurofeedback Work?
Clinical studies have shown neurofeedback to be an effective, drugless, natural approach to insomnia, especially for people who have struggled for years. If you are ready to be able to fall asleep and stay asleep, for improved energy, health and wellbeing, then it’s time to relax and reward your brain.

Why Does Neurofeedback Work?

Neurofeedback takes advantage of the brain’s ability to change itself through a process known as Neuroplasticity. It utilizes the same learning process that occurs whenever we acquire a new skill. The brain learns by forming connections between nerve cells and utilizing important pathways that connect different locations in the brain. The more frequently you utilize these pathways the better the brain becomes at performing the associated task. In psychology, this type of leaning is called “Operant Conditioning”. It is a type of learning in which responses come to be controlled by their consequences. Quite simply, Neurofeedback offers the perfect learning conditions, since it facilitates awareness of when the brain is producing healthier brainwave patterns, provides reinforcement for the positive change and multiple opportunities to provide practice during a training session.

How do I start with neurofeedback?
A comprehensive assessment is where neurofeedback therapy begins. The assessment allows therapist to determine whether a client’s brainwave patterns are different from normal. Based on your brainwaves analysis results, we then create a restorative plan of care. Each assessment provides therapist with neurofeedback training protocols. These protocols are designed to retrain the brainwave patterns towards better pattern. The result of rebalancing these brain waves improve health, healing and functionality for lasting results.

Source:
https://braincoretherapy.com/brainwaves/
vectorian
post Feb 22 2017, 03:26 PM

Casual
376 posts

Hi Hiro... firstly thanks for this wonderfully amazing and informative thread. I'm very sure it will help a lot of people especially those Googling.

For myself, I think I may have 'Health Anxiety' developed at the end of 2015 but was diagnosed as GERD when I went to Gleneagles. Since I do not see you mention Health Anxiety in your earlier post, is this common may I ask?
TSzeropoint9
post Feb 23 2017, 12:13 AM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(vectorian @ Feb 22 2017, 03:26 PM)
Hi Hiro... firstly thanks for this wonderfully amazing and informative thread. I'm very sure it will help a lot of people especially those Googling.

For myself, I think I may have 'Health Anxiety' developed at the end of 2015 but was diagnosed as GERD when I went to Gleneagles. Since I do not see you mention Health Anxiety in your earlier post, is this common may I ask?
Hi, thanks for your encouragement.
I notice many patients of mine suffered from health anxiety. It is quite a common issue.

Most of them also suffered from symptoms of Autonomic Dysfunction.
Some symptoms that may indicate the presence of an autonomic nerve disorder include:
-dizziness and fainting upon standing up (orthostatic hypotension)
-inability to alter heart rate with exercise (exercise intolerance)
-sweating abnormalities, which could alternately be too much sweat or insufficient sweat
-digestion difficulties due to slow digestion. Resulting symptoms could include loss of appetite, bloating, diarrhea or constipation, and difficulty swallowing.
-urinary problems. These can include difficulty starting urination, incontinence, and incomplete emptying of the bladder
-sexual problems. In men, this could be difficulty with ejaculation and/or maintaining an erection. In women, this could be vaginal dryness and/or difficulty with orgasm
-vision problems. This could be blurry vision, or the failure of the pupils to react quickly enough to changes in light.
Any or all of these symptoms may be present, and effects may be mild to severe.

For GERD, Hypnotherapy is an evidence-based intervention for the treatment of functional bowel disorders. The goal of hypnotherapy is to promote a deep state of relaxation with focused attention allowing the patient to learn to modulate physiological sensations and symptoms that are not easily addressed with conventional medical intervention. Hypnotherapy combined with psychotherapy method such as CBT also is a powerful tool to manage anxiety related issue.

source:
http://www.newmindcentre.com/2015/11/thera...ysfunction.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4482465/
vectorian
post Feb 23 2017, 11:28 AM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(zeropoint9 @ Feb 23 2017, 12:13 AM)
-dizziness
-digestion difficulties due to slow digestion. Resulting symptoms could include loss of appetite, bloating, diarrhea or constipation.
-tight upper stomach
- sore arm and leg
- tingling fingers
- occasional headache (rare)
The above are symtom i am facing at present. I am unsure if my Gerd is causing other stuff to happen or Health Anxiety that triggered my Gerd and then trigger an even bigger Health Anxiety which then trigger the other symtoms sad.gif
supar_depor
post Feb 23 2017, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

how much does it cost actualy for your session
TSzeropoint9
post Feb 24 2017, 12:17 AM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(vectorian @ Feb 23 2017, 11:28 AM)
The above are symtom i am facing at present. I am unsure if my Gerd is causing other stuff to happen or Health Anxiety that triggered my Gerd and then trigger an even bigger Health Anxiety which then trigger the other symtoms sad.gif
Hi, It could be a fight/flight response
user posted image

By utilizing psychotherapy & clinical hypnotherapy, they can help you to deal with your fight/flight response.

TSzeropoint9
post Feb 24 2017, 12:37 AM

Casual
424 posts

user posted image
Ever wonder what is hypnosis?
Here is your chance to experience it!

Date: 24-26 February,
Time: 9am-7pm,
Booth number: 01 & 02.
Venue: Setia City Convention Centre Malaysia

We will be there to promote AHPM as well as providing demo & activities related to hypnosis related modalities. Please come and visit us:)
1) 脑电波分析brainwaves analysis to peek into your subconscious mind
2) 学习风格剖析 Learning Style Profiling
3) 免费Oh卡体验 Oh card therapy
4) 结构式游戏治疗体验Structural Play Therapy Trial

user posted image
TSzeropoint9
post Mar 20 2017, 12:03 AM

Casual
424 posts

EEG Biofeedback Training for Stage Fright and Performance Anxiety

You may have had the experience that when the greatest demands are made upon you, your brain is so preoccupied with fear of failure that it is actually prevented from performing. This kind of anxiety seems at such times to take on a life of its own, and one loses any sense of control.

There is hope. Our brains are capable of learning how to control the anxiety state. The usual way this is done is called biofeedback. If you have heard of biofeedback before, it has most likely had to do with training in relaxation and “stress management”. Much of this work deals with controlling anxiety states which are worsened by stress. Anxiety states include such reactions as panic attacks and phobias at one extreme, and such problems as performance anxiety and stage fright on the other. When the person is challenged to perform in some way, the brain reacts by overly heightened vigilance that actually undermines the ability to function well. This problem can compound itself, as the person becomes anxious, observes himself or herself becoming anxious, and becomes even more anxious. At a time of future challenges, the anxiety response can be more readily kindled because of the memory of earlier failure to perform.
Recently brainwave training has become available as a new option for doing biofeedback for stage fright, performance anxiety, and other anxiety states. This kind of learning is based on information derived directly from the brain’s electrical activity, the EEG, which can reveal anxiety states. In this way, anxiety is seen as one manifestation of diminished self-regulation by the brain. By challenging the brain to regulate itself better, it subsequently also functions better under life’s normal as well as extreme challenges. Once the brain has been trained to self-regulate, it is no longer as vulnerable to the paralyzing and disabling downward spiral of anxiety.

During EEG training for stage fright or performance anxiety, the person is shown information derived from his or her EEG in real time, and is asked to bring certain aspects of it under control. This training repeatedly challenges the brain to improve its own internal regulatory processes. The therapist adjusts the level of difficulty to the situation.

As with other learning, the process is largely accomplished at a subconscious level. However, there may very well be some conscious awareness of changes taking place as the training proceeds. For example, the trainee will usually observe times when the EEG reflects existing anxiety states. The trainee then brings his skills to bear to bring these states under control. As mastery improves, the person gains confidence in his ability to control and regulate these states. The improved level of confidence further supports the process, and allows the person to work at a higher level of difficulty. Eventually, the person may visualize situations in which they may have previously become anxious. They will see their brain waves change, and will actively bring them back under control.
We find that most persons who undertake the training gain significantly in their ability to control anxiety states, to the point that these no longer interfere with the conduct of their life, even during their greatest challenges. Once the task is learned, the brain tends to retain that ability, and follow-up sessions are usually not necessary.

Source: http://www.eegspectrum.com/applications/an...ightperformanx/
TSzeropoint9
post Apr 2 2017, 09:31 AM

Casual
424 posts

Vitamin D Has Been Linked to Autism Prevention in Animal Studies

Researchers have found that vitamin D treatments during pregnancy appear to prevent the development of autism in mice, and are now planning to investigate if similar effects can be achieved in humans using vitamin D supplements.

The research is still in its very early stages, but it's thought that vitamin D plays a big role in early brain development, and previous studies have suggested that vitamin D deficiency could influence the increased size and unique shape observed in the brains of people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).

"Our study used the most widely accepted developmental model of autism, in which affected mice behave abnormally and show deficits in social interaction, basic learning, and stereotyped behaviours," says one of the team, Darryl Eyles from the University of Queensland in Australia.

"We found that pregnant females treated with active vitamin D (a different form than in supplements) in the equivalent of the first trimester of pregnancy produced offspring that did not develop these deficits."

For some background into the extensive research that's been done on vitamin D and autism in the past, for more than a decade, scientists have been trying to figure out the significance of animal studies that have linked severe vitamin D deficiency to increased brain size and enlarged ventricles - characteristics similar to those found in children with ASD.

With ASD being such a complex condition, and thought to be affected by a range of risk factors, including genetics and perhaps even environmental conditions such as air pollutants and viral infections, this has been particularly difficult to study in humans.

But we have seen hints that there could be something to this hypothesis, not least of which is the fact that vitamin D deficiency during pregnancy has been linked to an array of physical and psychological conditions including schizophrenia, asthma, and reduced bone density.

Then there was that 2008 study by Swedish researchers that found the prevalence of autism and related disorders was three to four times higher among Somali immigrants in Stockholm than non-Somalis.

More:
http://www.sciencealert.com/vitamin-d-has-...-animal-studies
TSzeropoint9
post Apr 2 2017, 05:45 PM

Casual
424 posts

Hypnotic suggestion reduces conflict in the human brain

Many studies have suggested that conflict monitoring involves the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC). We previously showed that a specific hypnotic suggestion reduces involuntary conflict and alters information processing in highly hypnotizable individuals. Hypothesizing that such conflict reduction would be associated with decreased ACC activation, we combined neuroimaging methods to provide high temporal and spatial resolution and studied highly and less-hypnotizable participants both with and without a suggestion to interpret visual words as nonsense strings. Functional MRI data revealed that under posthypnotic suggestion, both ACC and visual areas presented reduced activity in highly hypnotizable persons compared with either no-suggestion or less-hypnotizable controls. Scalp electrode recordings in highly hypnotizable subjects also showed reductions in posterior activation under suggestion, indicating visual system alterations. Our findings illuminate how suggestion affects cognitive control by modulating activity in specific brain areas, including early visual modules, and provide a more scientific account relating the neural effects of suggestion to placebo.

Source: http://www.pnas.org/content/102/28/9978.abstract
TSzeropoint9
post Apr 10 2017, 11:46 AM

Casual
424 posts

How the brain reacts to sleep deprivation

In a new study, scientists from Forschungszentrum Jülich together with partners from the German Aerospace Center (DLR) have investigated the molecular changes with which the human brain reacts to exceptionally long wake phases. The test subjects stayed awake for 52 hours and then had their brains scanned at Jülich's PET Centre. Subsequently, they were taken to DLR in Cologne, where – monitored by the scientists – they were able to catch up on their sleep for 14 hours.

Lack of sleep can severely affect our performance and health. Moreover, a lack of sleep causes changes in the brain which the researchers were able to measure in their experiment. "Our investigations have shown that sleep deprivation increases the number of available A1 adenosine receptors. Thanks to the subsequent sleep phase, they then normalized back to the initial level," reports PD Dr. David Elmenhorst from Jülich's Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine (INM-2).
The A1 adenosine receptors are built into the cell wall as a type of receiver. Their function is to forward the signal from adenosine, the docking chemical messenger, to the interior of the cell, where it decreases the cell's activity. It is thought that not only the adenosine itself but also the A1 receptors are responsible for the urge to sleep, which becomes stronger the longer a person stays awake. Adenosine is an elementary product of the energy metabolism. Its concentration varies practically second by second. The number of free receptors, in contrast, changes much more slowly and thus seems better suited for a kind of "sleep memory."

Resistant to sleep deprivation
The effect of caffeine is also associated with this type of receptor. The stimulant accumulates at complex protein molecules and blocks them. In this series of experiments, the test subjects had to do without coffee and other invigorating substances. During their 52-hour wake phase, they were subjected to several performance tests: pressing buttons to measure their reaction time and memorizing words to determine their memory performance. One striking feature was the individual differences in performance: some of the sleep-deprived participants displayed extreme lapses, sometimes lasting several seconds, while in others a performance drop was hardly measurable. Such a predisposition could be advantageous for jobs in which people regularly have to perform reliably in spite of lacking sleep.
"Astonishingly, we did not measure a constant value of A1 receptor density in this seemingly resistant group of test subjects, but a large increase," reports David Elmenhorst. The higher value does not correspond to an exceptionally high concentration of receptor molecules, however, since positron emission tomography (PET) records only a net value. Tracer molecules in the blood stream of the test subjects dock to free receptor molecules and can be observed in the PET scanner when they decay. In this manner, only those receptors are recorded that are not blocked and therefore available at the time of measurement. "Our theory is, therefore, that the test subjects with high A1 receptor density produce relatively little adenosine and thus inhibit the cell activity to a lesser degree," says Elmenhorst. Consequently, the total number of free receptors is higher at the time of the PET measurement.

Relevant for treating depression
These findings are also of relevance for clinical medicine: sleep deprivation is a quick tool against depression, but only effective for a short time. "There are many efforts to increase the duration of the therapeutic effects of sleep deprivation in the treatment of depression. But the problem so far is that when people sleep again just once they often fall back into their depressed state," says David Elmenhorst. A better understanding of the interrelations between mood and adenosine regulation could thus contribute to optimizing the design of wake therapies.

Read more at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-04-brai...vation.html#jCp
TSzeropoint9
post Apr 24 2017, 02:22 PM

Casual
424 posts

Flee or Freeze? The Neurocomputation of Defensive Behavior

Scientists from the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour have debunked the myth that the instinct to flee from a threat is not just a reflex, but a series of complex computational processes. In a paper published in Current Biology, the team have found that instinctive behaviour is not innate but requires learning and memory.

Tiago Branco, Group Leader at the SWC said, “Our research questions the myth that instinctive behaviour, such as the fight-or-flight response to threat, is a reflex. Instead it is a series of computational steps that make use of cognitive maps and memory, which are processed very rapidly by the brain”.

Read More:
https://www.technologynetworks.com/neurosci...a-reflex-287700
TSzeropoint9
post May 5 2017, 11:33 AM

Casual
424 posts

Gut-directed hypnotherapy (GHT) in individual sessions is highly effective in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). This study aimed to assess the long-term effect of GHT in group sessions for refractory IBS.
user posted image

METHODS:
A total of 164 patients with IBS (Rome-III-criteria) were screened, and 100 refractory to usual treatment were randomized 1:1 either to supportive talks with medical treatment (SMT) or to SMT with GHT (10 weekly sessions within 12 weeks). The primary end point was a clinically important improvement on several dimensions of daily life (assessed by IBS impact scale) after treatment and 12-month follow-up. The secondary end point was improvement in general quality of life (QOL; Medical Outcome Study Short-Form-36), psychological status (Hospital Anxiety Depression Scale) and reduction of single IBS symptoms. Analysis was by intention to treat.

RESULTS:
A total of 90 patients received allocated intervention. After treatment, 28 (60.8%) out of 46 GHT patients and 18 (40.9%) out of 44 SMTs improved (absolute difference 20.0%; 95% confidence interval (CI): 0–40.2%; P=0.046); over 15 months, 54.3% of GHT patients and 25.0% of controls improved (absolute difference 29.4%; 95% CI 10.1–48.6%; P=0.004). GHT with SMT improved physical and psychological well being significantly more than SMT alone (P<0.001). Gender, age, disease duration and IBS type did not have an influence on the long-term success of GHT.

CONCLUSIONS:
GHT improves IBS-related QOL, is superior to SMT alone, and shows a long-term effect even in refractory IBS.

Source:
http://www.nature.com/ajg/journal/v108/n4/...ajg201319a.html
https://draxe.com/
shanixe
post May 15 2017, 06:51 PM

24 posts

Hi, regarding the professional bodies for hypnotherapist, what is your view on the Malaysian Society of Clinical Hypnosis and the London College of Clinical Hypnosis ??

1)Hypnotherapist
Professional governing body in Malaysia: The Association of Hypnotherapy Practitioners, Malaysia (AHPM)-The Traditional and Complementary Medicine Act (Act 775) sets the minimum competence level for the credentialing of a professional Mind Body Soul Therapy practitioner in Malaysia. AHPM is a member of The Federation of Complementary and Natural Medical Associations, Malaysia (FCNMAM). FCNMAM is appointed as advisor panel under the jurisdiction of the Department of Traditional and Complementary Medicine, Ministry of Health (MOH), Malaysia.
Expertise: practice hypnotherapy and may practice psychotherapy (with relevant training) but cannot do physical examinations, cannot prescribe drugs

TSzeropoint9
post May 15 2017, 09:28 PM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(shanixe @ May 15 2017, 06:51 PM)
Hi, regarding the professional bodies for hypnotherapist, what is your view on the Malaysian Society of Clinical Hypnosis and the London College of Clinical Hypnosis ??
1)Hypnotherapist
Professional governing body in Malaysia: The Association of Hypnotherapy Practitioners, Malaysia (AHPM)-The Traditional and Complementary Medicine Act (Act 775) sets the minimum competence level for the credentialing of a professional Mind Body Soul Therapy practitioner in Malaysia. AHPM is a member of The Federation of Complementary and Natural Medical Associations, Malaysia (FCNMAM).  FCNMAM is appointed as advisor panel under the jurisdiction of the Department of Traditional and Complementary Medicine, Ministry of Health (MOH), Malaysia.
Expertise: practice hypnotherapy and may practice psychotherapy (with relevant training) but cannot do physical examinations, cannot prescribe drugs
Hi, Good question.
Currently no comment about this.
I will reveal more once I get more info from T&CM Act council.
Feel free to PM me and follow up regarding this.

15 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:20 PM