Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Fujioh cooking hood AKA fujihome and Ducting issue

views

TSweihui
post Mar 31 2015, 12:40 AM, updated 9y ago

24 posts

recently i am also considering fujioh hood, i am a heavy cooker.saw a lot of good comment online

the new house is a condo,i have think of a lot of way and discuss with my kitchen guy but no matter i will have a small part of ducting showing due to condo house rule unable to hack a hole at the wet kitchen area.
so i am considering their recycling hood instant of vacillating hood , what they say in their website is only 1% different, but i have very bad experience with 2 of the houses i rented before with recycling cooking hood, theirs is not fujioh.
have anyone tried their recycling hood before?and what is the comment?

if worse case scenario i have to use ventilating hood for my kitchen any way to beautify it?

set
post Mar 31 2015, 06:21 AM

Casual
352 posts

you can ask the plaster ceiling guy to make a box and cover up the ducting
LoveMeNot
post Mar 31 2015, 09:05 AM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

QUOTE(weihui @ Mar 31 2015, 12:40 AM)
recently i am also considering fujioh hood, i am a heavy cooker.saw a lot of good comment online

the new house is a condo,i have think of a lot of way and discuss with my kitchen guy but no matter i will have a small part of ducting showing due to condo house rule unable to hack a hole at the wet kitchen area.
so i am considering their recycling hood instant of vacillating hood  , what they say in their website is only 1% different, but i have very bad experience with 2 of the houses i rented before with recycling cooking hood, theirs is not fujioh.

if worse case scenario i have to use ventilating hood for my kitchen any way to beautify it?
ventilating doesn't comes with ducting. it's a standalone hood. what to beautify? pretty straightforward imo

QUOTE(set @ Mar 31 2015, 06:21 AM)
recycling hood mana ada ducting
Zot
post Mar 31 2015, 09:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(weihui @ Mar 31 2015, 12:40 AM)

so i am considering their recycling hood instant of vacillating hood  , what they say in their website is only 1% different, but i have very bad experience with 2 of the houses i rented before with recycling cooking hood, theirs is not fujioh.

Confusing. First you said unable to hack due to condo rule. Then in worse case scenario you want to use ventilating hood. Where you plan to channel the exhaust?
set
post Mar 31 2015, 09:18 AM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Mar 31 2015, 09:05 AM)
ventilating doesn't comes with ducting. it's a standalone hood. what to beautify? pretty straightforward imo
i will have a small part of ducting

thats what she said
Zot
post Mar 31 2015, 09:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(set @ Mar 31 2015, 09:18 AM)
thats what she said
I think I know what she meant.

Some circulating hood is designed like it has a vent like one below. The vent is already look very nice and filter is inside this duct. The air is circulated through the fins on both sides if not mistaken. I think this design is better than the one with filter directly under hood.

I used the circulating hood before and the filter get easily oiled and dirty. I have no experience with the circulating Fujioh. I guess since Japanese also Asian, they are more familiar with oriental cooking. I'm using MF-1100 and very satisfied with it. No oily kitchen cabinet or floor except splashes from frying pan.

Either come with the unit or optional, it has a dummy duct extruding from the top of the hood. It looks elegant and makes the hood like ducting type. The air is vented through the fin on top or the side of the dummy duct.

This post has been edited by Zot: Mar 31 2015, 09:40 AM
TSweihui
post Mar 31 2015, 08:13 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(set @ Mar 31 2015, 06:21 AM)
i plan too, but it will still have a small part of ducting showing out due to i need to guide the ducting out to the window , for the window there i'm unable to do any cabinet or plaster ceiling.
TSweihui
post Mar 31 2015, 08:18 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Mar 31 2015, 09:05 AM)
Sorry for my bad english, i seems to confuse you guys.

i tot ventilating hood means those type will need ducting to ventilate the smoke out of the house?
Recycling hood no need ducting, so i was considering buying it cause it will save my problem of the ducting showing out.but i don't know does it suck as much smoke n oil as good as those hood that require ducting to suck smoke out of the house , does it make the house super oily?
TSweihui
post Mar 31 2015, 08:23 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Mar 31 2015, 09:10 AM)
Confusing. First you said unable to hack due to condo rule. Then in worse case scenario you want to use ventilating hood. Where you plan to channel the exhaust?
sorry for my bad english, i seems to confuse you guys.
i'm unable to hack, but i could place the ducting at the window there, but if i do so i could only hide some of the ducting in cabinet or plaster celling, it will still show some when the ducting reach the window.
thats why if the recycling hood will make the house too oily , worse case scenario i need to use the type have ducting one.
idoblu
post Mar 31 2015, 08:26 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

Recirculating ones won't be as efficient as ventilating hoods but if you got no choice what can you do?

Recirculating hoods will need frequent filter changes which will be costly in the long run
chamelion
post Mar 31 2015, 08:32 PM

Back to Bricking
2,751 posts

Ventilating will out perform recirculate no matter what.
These thing last quit long, better choose a practical one. No one bother to see your kitchen anyway except once in blue moon.
TSweihui
post Mar 31 2015, 08:35 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Mar 31 2015, 09:31 AM)
I think I know what she meant.

Some circulating hood is designed like it has a vent like one below. The vent is already look very nice and filter is inside this duct. The air is circulated through the fins on both sides if not mistaken. I think this design is better than the one with filter directly under hood.

I used the circulating hood before and the filter get easily oiled and dirty. I have no experience with the circulating Fujioh. I guess since Japanese also Asian, they are more familiar with oriental cooking. I'm using MF-1100 and very satisfied with it. No oily kitchen cabinet or floor except splashes from frying pan.

Either come with the unit or optional, it has a dummy duct extruding from the top of the hood. It looks elegant and makes the hood like ducting type. The air is vented through the fin on top or the side of the dummy duct.
thanks for your explanation, i guess i will need to check out what they have in malaysia currently.

I also use other brand circulating hood before, that's why i am concern about does Fujioh circulating hood have the same problem or not... sad.gif

I also interested on MF-1100.but my biggest problem is still if the kitchen renovate till very nice but the small part of ducting that i'm unable to hide spoil the whole design...but since i'm a heavy cooker i don't have much choice cry.gif

TSweihui
post Mar 31 2015, 08:42 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Mar 31 2015, 08:26 PM)
Recirculating ones won't be as efficient as ventilating hoods but if you got no choice what can you do?

Recirculating hoods will need frequent filter changes which will be costly in the long run
I understand this, but since Fujioh website said is only 1% different , i was hoping anyone in real life tried it and confirm that sad.gif
But if no one have confirm that i won't not dare to buy the circulating hood, like you said , will be costly and troublesome is the long run.
TSweihui
post Mar 31 2015, 08:45 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(chamelion @ Mar 31 2015, 08:32 PM)
Ventilating will out perform recirculate no matter what.
These thing last quit long, better choose a practical one. No one bother to see your kitchen anyway except once in blue moon.
I understand this, but since Fujioh website said is only 1% different , i was hoping anyone in real life tried it and confirm that sad.gif

Pratical still out run nice looking since i'm a heavy cooker.
LoveMeNot
post Mar 31 2015, 09:52 PM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

QUOTE(set @ Mar 31 2015, 09:18 AM)
thats what she said
my fault. didn't read that tongue.gif

anyway, this is what I did for my kitchen hood ducting.As you can see in the first picture, the duct was directed out to the window at the corner. However, it was just too ugly and there is no way my kitchen cabinet guy can box up the duct (initially thought able to, but when the duct was up, it cannot be done). So ended up figure out another way to direct the hood to the another end and box up the whole duct along ceiling. This is a ventilating duct. Die die oso want to use this duct as I have an open concept kitchen.

Attached Image

TSweihui
post Mar 31 2015, 10:31 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Mar 31 2015, 09:52 PM)
my fault. didn't read that  tongue.gif
anyway, this is what I did for my kitchen hood ducting.As you can see in the first picture, the duct was directed out to the window at the corner. However, it was just too ugly and there is no way my kitchen cabinet guy can box up the duct (initially thought able to, but when the duct was up, it cannot be done). So ended up figure out another way to direct the hood to the another end and box up the whole duct along ceiling. This is a ventilating duct. Die die oso want to use this duct as I have an open concept kitchen.
Attached Image
May i know which way your ducting end up going?

I hope i have other end to go also,but unfortunately the the other end is toilet....hahahah
LoveMeNot
post Apr 1 2015, 11:51 AM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

QUOTE(weihui @ Mar 31 2015, 10:31 PM)
May i know which way your ducting end up going?

I hope i have other end to go also,but unfortunately the the other end is toilet....hahahah
then u try to imagine your ceiling up there how to direct the duct in a way it can be box up by kitchen cabinet guy. you can discuss with the guy actually to come up with the best solution

mine directed to the house entrance. can't imagine if i am taking my shower and someone is cooking and all the fumes coming out like a shower in the toilet laugh.gif
Zot
post Apr 1 2015, 12:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(weihui @ Mar 31 2015, 08:42 PM)
I understand this, but since Fujioh website said is only 1% different , i was hoping anyone in real life tried it and confirm that  sad.gif
But if no one have confirm that i won't not dare to buy the circulating hood, like you said , will be costly and troublesome is the long run.
In my opinion, Fujioh claim might be true. The ventilating type I used has unique filter. There is no fiber or anything, just sandwiched metal fins. It collects the oil vapor efficiently and last time I cleaned it I can see no oil in the duct.

For me, the circulating type main problem is the smell. I don't think any circulating type can remove it. I did not have mine covered. I just put the white PVC pipe running along on top of kitchen cabinet with short flexible aluminum duct as connection to my Fujioh. It was my weekend project wink.gif
TSweihui
post Apr 1 2015, 03:19 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Apr 1 2015, 11:51 AM)
then u try to imagine your ceiling up there how to direct the duct in a way it can be box up by kitchen cabinet guy. you can discuss with the guy actually to come up with the best solution

mine directed to the house entrance. can't imagine if i am taking my shower and someone is cooking and all the fumes coming out like a shower in the toilet  laugh.gif
And you came out of shower worse then when u you in XP

i have discuss with them, the ceiling idea came from him, i used to just think use cabinet to hide it.
The main problem is a freaking condo~! no matter what it has to go out from the window T.T Sad jor
TSweihui
post Apr 1 2015, 03:23 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Apr 1 2015, 12:04 PM)
In my opinion, Fujioh claim might be true. The ventilating type I used has unique filter. There is no fiber or anything, just sandwiched metal fins. It collects the oil vapor efficiently and last time I cleaned it I can see no oil in the duct.

For me, the circulating type main problem is the smell. I don't think any circulating type can remove it. I did not have mine covered. I just put the white PVC pipe running along on top of kitchen cabinet with short flexible aluminum duct as connection to my Fujioh. It was my weekend project  wink.gif
If in that case i could add a nicer looking exhaust fan in the kitchen to get rid of the smell? and it will solve all my problem. hmm.gif

How long you using it before you start cleaning the duct?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:01 PM